Christians and Wealth

16 hours ago, alexhortdog95 said:

***LONG POST WARNING, LOL***

I'm a Christian, and very involved in my church.  Been waiting on a post like this, because I think it validates exactly what I'm about to say on so many things.  Very happy that yesterday's sermon preacher was right on this road with the following quote:

"Religion can get us part of the way, but our belief and faith in God comes first.  Religion has us all torn up!"

So true! 

Paul wrote to Timothy and stated that the Bible was for "Doctrine, reproof, rebuke, instruction in righteousness.."  Keep in mind, that Paul (a preacher) was writing to Timothy (a YOUNG preacher)...context matters.

For those that are keeping up, that means

• Instruction (Strong's) : 1319 didaskalía ("teach") – properly applied-teaching; Christian doctrine (teaching) as it especially extends to its necessary lifestyle.
  • Inner Reflection (Strong's) : 1650 élegxos ("test") – inner conviction focuses on God confirming His in-birthing of faith
  • Admonishment (Strong's) : 1882 epanórthōsis ("correct,  make straight") - correction, reformation, setting straight (right) again.
  • Spiritual Teaching with Growth Toward Spiritual Maturity: 3809 (paideía) properly, instruction that trains someone to reach full development (maturity), AND 1343 ( dikaiosýnē) - judicial approval (the verdict of approval); in the NT, the approval of God

Nowhere in Paul's letter to Timothy did he say, "If these people are out of line, then you judge them harshly."  People use the Bible like a crutch when they want to make something they say stick when it comes to religious beliefs - but they misuse the context. 

Paul also wrote and told Timothy the following:

2 Timothy 2:15: "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

So, the #1 problem with folks as described above?  They don't know the Word of God like they SAY that they do.

If they did, we wouldn't be having this conversation....right?

So...with all of this being said, here are a few points that are basic beliefs to a true "Christian":

• God granted mankind free will over his actions.
  • Man's ability of free will gives him the ability to make up his own darn mind.
  • God does not FORCE anyone to believe in Him....it is a conscious choice that one must come to on a personal level.
  • Jesus Christ was run out of his own home for having some very progressive ideas, but those in power chose to hang onto that power.
  • God has outlined the role of mankind as it pertains to His message of spreading the gospel to others.  Nowhere in that charge does it say, "Make laws and judge so that you can tell people how to live and what to do."
  • The average "Christian" has done little to no original language study of the Bible (or in that matter, study).  Context matters, and Ye Old King's English wasn't the original language of the Bible.

:clap