QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, admo said:

Ok, so are you saying the latest QB that Georgia took is the 2nd QB?

Because, when you are the best CFB team in the nation the last 2 years, Georgia has the right to sign 2 amazing QBs.  Georgia's playing level is one of a few teams that have earned that right.  

I am not. They simply offered the QB, one that's in their backyard. Dylan, at times has lamented on his relationship with the Georgia staff that has been built over the last couple of years; They were his 1st offer IIRC. Lastly, I never said UGA couldn't or shouldn't recruit 2 QBs, in fact I get it. Their room is very thin and I wouldn't be surprised if they took a transfer. My point is that Georgia doesn't offer an in-state kid they've known about as their 2nd QB if they were confident about DR, who've they've been recruiting for a long time.

7 hours ago, Treand3 said:

I am not. They simply offered the QB, one that's in their backyard. Dylan, at times has lamented on his relationship with the Georgia staff that has been built over the last couple of years; They were his 1st offer IIRC. Lastly, I never said UGA couldn't or shouldn't recruit 2 QBs, in fact I get it. Their room is very thin and I wouldn't be surprised if they took a transfer. My point is that Georgia doesn't offer an in-state kid they've known about as their 2nd QB if they were confident about DR, who've they've been recruiting for a long time.

Oh no worries, I wasn't implicating, only inquiring and appreciating.  Trying to understand.  Because Dylan is pretty special future player wherever he goes.  I don't follow recruiting to closely.  My apologies if I spoke incorrectly. 

6 hours ago, admo said:

Oh no worries, I wasn't implicating, only inquiring and appreciating.  Trying to understand.  Because Dylan is pretty special future player wherever he goes.  I don't follow recruiting to closely.  My apologies if I spoke incorrectly. 

All good. Agreed that he's the type of talent that could elevate a program.

• Oh Yeah! 1
17 hours ago, Mavric said:

To actually answer your question, Dylan has already announced that he's switching high schools.  But just to another AZ high school.

I guess it's possible that the would move here but that seems unlikely to me.

It's making the rounds on Rivals and On3. I'm wondering if the context is they'll move here with Dylan, and Dom will take a job fundraising. 

19 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Doesn’t USC have the top or one of the top 2023 QB recruits?  If so, and he ends up being really good as what’s being projected, that’s possibly a minimum 2 years of sitting for Dylan.  
I understand recruits go places thinking they will beat out anyone else on campus, but it’s tougher for QB’s as it’s only 1 who gets to play at a time.   I would think he would want to go to a place he could realistically either start right away or back up one year then start.  

I can't say I'm surprised to hear Raiola was blown away by his USC visit.  There are nits to be picked when it comes to Lincoln Riley for sure, QB play/development is not one of them.  How could you not be excited as a QB to talk with a coach whose sales pitch is, "Hey, you want to win the Heisman and on top of that probably be a 1st round pick?  Come play in my system."

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
56 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I can't say I'm surprised to hear Raiola was blown away by his USC visit.  There are nits to be picked when it comes to Lincoln Riley for sure, QB play/development is not one of them.  How could you not be excited as a QB to talk with a coach whose sales pitch is, "Hey, you want to win the Heisman and on top of that probably be a 1st round pick?  Come play in my system."

What Lincoln Riley has done with QB's is what makes me think that could be spot #1.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

On top of QB development, skill position players want to play in that system too so you know there’s going to be ridiculous weapons when you step on campus. I’d actually say peer recruiting ability is my biggest worry here. If we land Dylan, we will get a top 15 class because his rating will be such a boost for the class rankings. But does he feel he will be able to bring a 5-star WR, a 4-star RB, 4-star TE, and 4-star WR, etc like he would at Georgia and USC? Maybe he does feel he will be able to, just saying that’s my biggest concern.

That said, this is the most confident I’ve ever been that he will be N. I think he’s always wanted to be N but just needed the right signs in place. I actually think he might already be N and the rest of this is just a formality. Maybe I’m wrong but it sounds like Dominic has been making the media rounds and dropping hints behind the scenes that this is a done deal. Certainly sounds like Rhule has shown Dylan the family environment that he’s been looking for and that he has this on the right track. And our NIL ability will be second to none.

• Oh Yeah! 1

22 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Doesn’t USC have the top or one of the top 2023 QB recruits?  If so, and he ends up being really good as what’s being projected, that’s possibly a minimum 2 years of sitting for Dylan.  
I understand recruits go places thinking they will beat out anyone else on campus, but it’s tougher for QB’s as it’s only 1 who gets to play at a time.   I would think he would want to go to a place he could realistically either start right away or back up one year then start.  

Correct. They signed 5* QB Malachi Nelson (#12 overall player in the country) in 2023.

If he chooses any place other than Nebraska - it's likely that they have a lot of talent on the roster. Personally, I hope playing time gives Nebraska an edge but I also know that this doesn't seem to persuade recruits. No matter how many 5* players Georgia/Bama/etc. hoard they still seem to attract more and more talent. 

I'm predicting USC as his landing spot.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Correct. They signed 5* QB Malachi Nelson (#12 overall player in the country) in 2023.

If he chooses any place other than Nebraska - it's likely that they have a lot of talent on the roster. Personally, I hope playing time gives Nebraska an edge but I also know that this doesn't seem to persuade recruits. No matter how many 5* players Georgia/Bama/etc. hoard they still seem to attract more and more talent. 

I'm predicting USC as his landing spot.

Thanks for the confirmation.  It’s hard to keep back to back top 5 QB’s in the country happy on a team.  Inevitably, one of them gets beat out and transfers to another school.   I couldn’t see USC keeping both for the long haul if Dylan indeed picks them.  

A great USC program that turns out QB draft picks is hard to turn down though.  

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Thanks for the confirmation.  It’s hard to keep back to back top 5 QB’s in the country happy on a team.  Inevitably, one of them gets beat out and transfers to another school.   I couldn’t see USC keeping both for the long haul if Dylan indeed picks them.  

A great USC program that turns out QB draft picks is hard to turn down though.  

All true, now, if I were negatively recruiting against Riley I'd tout the fact that while he's had gobs of success churning out QBs, in a lot of instances, it has been with transfers.  Of UGA/USC/Nebraska I think Nebraska will 100% be the program that will allow for some growing pains versus recruiting over/taking a transfer.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Xmas32 said:

All true, now, if I were negatively recruiting against Riley I'd tout the fact that while he's had gobs of success churning out QBs, in a lot of instances, it has been with transfers.  Of UGA/USC/Nebraska I think Nebraska will 100% be the program that will allow for some growing pains versus recruiting over/taking a transfer.

Agree on Nebraska allowing some growing pains.  
Didn’t Riley recruit and play Williams at OKlahoma though.  Or was he a transfer into OK after his freshman year? 

• Plus1 3

Raiola would be a freshmen in 2024, and Malachi Nelson will be a Sophomore (He's already on campus).  Not exactly an ideal destination for Raiola IMHO

USC's Nelson originally committed to Lincoln Riley at OU.

GettyImages-1244102316-e1667160698347-1024x684.jpg

June, 2022 -
Malachi Nelson is the No. 2 recruit in the Class of 2023, a quarterback who committed to USC in November and projects as the heir apparent to Trojans star Caleb Williams.

Malachi Nelson, Quarterback, Los Alamitos | Irish Sports Daily

From the Atlantic: 
Nelson brings with him the typical gilded résumé that accompanies an elite recruit -- his first scholarship offer (from Auburn) came in eighth grade....  he's expected to agree to nearly a million dollars in endorsement deals by the time he enrolls at USC after the 2022 high school football season.

Also:

Josh Pate explains why he 'irrationally' loves USC quarterback Malachi Nelson - Saturday Out West

A 6-foot-3 dynamo from nearby Los Alamitos, Nelson has a fluid throwing motion, the touch to place balls all over the field, the ability to throw from different arm angles, the mobility to make plays with his legs when necessary, and a ton of high school production. He threw for 2,690 yards as a junior and then 2,898 yards as a senior. He tossed 74 touchdowns in his final two years against only 12 interceptions.

“Malachi, I’ve always thought, was a really unique talent,” Riley said at his December signing day press conference. “His ability to throw the ball and process at a young age, he’s certainly well ahead of his years there and very, very impressive.”

(That is like trying to beat out Quin Ewers or Arch Manning after they've been on campus a year before you get there)

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic