QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

36 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Agree on Nebraska allowing some growing pains.  
Didn’t Riley recruit and play Williams at OKlahoma though.  Or was he a transfer into OK after his freshman year? 

The Williams transfer is definitely me trying to fudge the data somewhat as he did play for Riley at Oklahoma.

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Raiola is an immediate starter here. Our QB room shapes up nicely for him. 

By all accounts, it doesn’t appear that he is very concerned about being a day one starter. He isn’t necessarily looking for that opportunity. It seems more about where is the best fit, and possibly Heisman, NC, NFL. I completely agree with you that our QB room will not be that impressive once CT leave bc Simms is still unknown here. Most feel he would be better served sitting a year, which is why I don’t think it will matter about the studs US C have in front of him because they will leave early and open the door for potential for him to be a 2 yr starter, and bolt for NFL.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, HANC said:

By all accounts, it doesn’t appear that he is very concerned about being a day one starter. He isn’t necessarily looking for that opportunity. It seems more about where is the best fit, and possibly Heisman, NC, NFL. I completely agree with you that our QB room will not be that impressive once CT leave bc Simms is still unknown here. Most feel he would be better served sitting a year, which is why I don’t think it will matter about the studs US C have in front of him because they will leave early and open the door for potential for him to be a 2 yr starter, and bolt for NFL.

Do you know who can or would redshirt Raiola ??!?!??

1.  Not Nebraska

2.  Those that would sit him out - Only a handful of teams - like USC, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan. 

3.  He's too good to sit out a year or two for everyone else.

4.  If he commits, he's Day 1 starter for 3 years and then NFL

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

1.  Not Nebraska

2.  Those that would sit him out - Only a handful of teams - like USC, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan. 

I personally don’t disagree with you, but the “talking heads”, such as recruiting analysts, Husker insiders during radio interviews have said ideally Simms would be good enough to “allow” him to sit and grow during a redshirt year. I don’t buy it, but have heard that sentiment a handful of times.

14 hours ago, admo said:

1.  Not Nebraska

Not sure if Raiola is a sure-fire Day 1 starter, but it would be foolish to say "Hey, you are going to redshirt because we have Jeff Sims."  Nothing against Jeff Sims, because I think he will play a lot in 2023, but there should be an open competition if Raiola signs with NU and arrives for the 2024 season.  At least give Raiola plenty of reps in practice and see how he plays in games.  Tommie Frazier came in as a true freshman, and while he didn't start right away, he was asserted himself in the depth chart and was a starter midway through his true freshman season.

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not sure if Raiola is a sure-fire Day 1 starter, but it would be foolish to say "Hey, you are going to redshirt because we have Jeff Sims."  Nothing against Jeff Sims, because I think he will play a lot in 2023, but there should be an open competition if Raiola signs with NU and arrives for the 2024 season.  At least give Raiola plenty of reps in practice and see how he plays in games.  Tommie Frazier came in as a true freshman, and while he didn't start right away, he was asserted himself in the depth chart and was a starter midway through his true freshman season.

Frazier became the starter because Mike Grant, who I believed was his name, was ineffective. If Sims is productive he probably wouldn’t lose his starting position if he reaches his potential and because of his experience. 

13 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Frazier became the starter because Mike Grant, who I believed was his name, was ineffective. If Sims is productive he probably wouldn’t lose his starting position if he reaches his potential and because of his experience. 

I agree with you. That’s why I say that it wouldn’t be a slam dunk that Raiola would be the starter as a freshman. But, I don’t agree with those who say “redshirt Raiola”. Why redshirt him if he’s going to be in Lincoln 3-4 years max?

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic