QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree with you. That’s why I say that it wouldn’t be a slam dunk that Raiola would be the starter as a freshman. But, I don’t agree with those who say “redshirt Raiola”. Why redshirt him if he’s going to be in Lincoln 3-4 years max?

i can see reason to redshirt Raiola-

since it is not the redshirt of old, he could really get in some meaningful snaps and game film in his freshman year.

the main reason would be to give the coaching staff and his uncle another year to get the offensive line right. don't want to see the number 1 recruit in the nation running for his life from day one.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, JoseyWales said:

since it is not the redshirt of old, he could really get in some meaningful snaps and game film in his freshman year.

the main reason would be to give the coaching staff and his uncle another year to get the offensive line right. don't want to see the number 1 recruit in the nation running for his life from day one.

But the reason to redshirt is to preserve a year of eligibility. If Riaola is any good, he’s gonna not need to worry about that extra season of eligibility. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

6 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Raiola may be wise to avoid Neb.  He can’t possibly meet the expectations for some. His first incomplete pass will be grounds for a lynch mob to form.  

I hope he’s half as good as some believe. 

That just comes with being the #1 overall recruit - no matter where he goes, the expectations will be unfair. It won't factor into his decision, but if it did our expectations for QB play are way lower than USC or Georgia. 

• Thanks 1

I’d like to think this but just can’t. NU fans seem to think Raiola will magically transform our .500 team into a champion type team.  If he could run like Frazier and throw like Brady, he’d make the current team a contender for Big Ten champs. I haven’t seen that run ability at all.  Not sure about his passing bc I haven’t seen enough film. Highlights show the good plays basically. 

He has impressed a lot of folks to be rated as high as he is so I give him due credit.  But the expectations in Lincoln are off the charts high from every comment I’ve seen. 

I am hopeful but will wait to see the real thing. I’m more excited about other recruits than Raiola certainly.  

15 hours ago, JoseyWales said:

If he's good enough to play in 4 games, then he's good enough to play in 12 games.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If he's good enough to play in 4 games, then he's good enough to play in 12 games.  

I think the whole four-game redshirt rule has been dumb.  It just creates a mess on managing rosters and redshirting guys.  I think coaches should have redshirt decisions on guys before the season starts and just go with it.  Either a guy is good enough to play and contribute or he's not.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Pretty noteworthy because Schaefer just said last week he hasn’t felt great about our chances because he’s only been hearing about Dominic’s interest in Nebraska, and less so about Dylan’s. Must have heard something that changed his mind.

Yeah, he needed clicks and wants more listeners when he is on the radio.

• Fire 2
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic