QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

It's starting to feel like Dylan Raiola will end up at Nebraska

Gorney’s take: FICTION. Nebraska is absolutely seriously involved in his recruitment and every time the five-star quarterback returns to Lincoln he gets more comfortable and has a better time. That will play a significant role in his thinking, and the family connections to the school can only be a major bonus. But it’s far from a done deal, and I keep getting pulled back to Raiola’s meeting with USC coach Lincoln Riley, how much they hit it off and Riley’s resume and success developing quarterbacks at Oklahoma and now in L.A. Georgia is still right there and Nebraska is very much in this, but the Trojans might have the slightest edge.

Smith’s take: FACT. Many people in the recruiting world believed this was a pipe dream for the Huskers when Raiola left Ohio State's class. Quietly, the Georgia lock talk has calmed, while Nebraska coach Matt Rhule and his staff have gone to work. Rhule has built a good relationship with the top-ranked quarterback and his family in short order with hard work and consistency. There is a strong emotional pull for Raiola to Nebraska with his dad being a legend in Lincoln and his uncle being the current offensive line coach. The hurdle is obviously that other programs pursuing Raiola are more established. The X-factor is if Raiola believes Rhule can rebuild Nebraska like he did Baylor and Temple. My feeling right now is Raiola puts his faith in Rhule and ends up in the Nebraska class.

• Oh Yeah! 1

I happen to run across Zack Smith’s online show. What a d#%k. Not surprising with his bad Ohio State history. He believes DR is a prima donna and thinks OSU may had pulled his offer. He predicts DR will be a bust. Also he still believes N and Coach Prime were working on a contract. But listening to him talk he is such an arrogant POS. The only reason I’m bringing this up is I heard him talk for the first time by accident and didn’t know he was that arrogant. He doesn’t deserve to be on any coaching staff. Now back to regular programming. 

7 hours ago, Pedro G said:

I happen to run across Zack Smith’s online show. What a d#%k. Not surprising with his bad Ohio State history. He believes DR is a prima donna and thinks OSU may had pulled his offer. He predicts DR will be a bust. Also he still believes N and Coach Prime were working on a contract. But listening to him talk he is such an arrogant POS. The only reason I’m bringing this up is I heard him talk for the first time by accident and didn’t know he was that arrogant. He doesn’t deserve to be on any coaching staff. Now back to regular programming. 

Don’t feed the clickbait, got me a couple of times last year.

• TBH 1
16 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Don’t feed the clickbait, got me a couple of times last year.

While I am sure he has some info/contacts, podcast guys are the new "shock jocks" since dudes on mainstream radio can't really do that anymore.

Like you said, they are in it for the clicks, they are salesmen.

I suspect after the USC visit, he would tilt a little toward them, and then the same thing after GA. But hopefully his N visit will tilt it back to the Huskers. I be real worried if either one of those other schools were the last visit. But if he continues to shop around, I don’t know. 

32 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I have said for a while.  I think USC is the leader.  Love to be wrong on this one and see him with the Huskers.

That certainly could be, and he may go to USC. But on the other hand, his dad not only was a super star at Nebraska, but he also has a very close bound to the university. Dylan has most likely all his life has seen his dad’s collections of Husker gear and photos. He probably has a room specially made for them. Thus Dylan perhaps — but of course I really don’t know for sure — has bled red all his life. It could be very special place for him. And having his uncle retained by MR has probably had a very emotional impact on him, besides the possible emotions of growing up with Husker football. So with these powerful emotions and if he feels Rhule and his staff will coach him as well as the other schools, plus he is blown away by the fans and the facilities, these could all come together for Nebraska. Yes there are a lot of IFS here, but I’m an optimist this could become a reality with all these possible emotions that he may not have for the other schools. Yes, thanks to Frost, he had a brief reason for not wanting to come. But again, if he keeps shopping and this drags on, I will feel less hopeful.     

• Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic