QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Decked said:

Flavor of the month maybe. We shall see. Fong & co change their picks based on best available info at the time sometimes it is educated guesses. I am still thinking we very much are neck and neck at the lea

As I thought after the latest visit, USC would trend up. But they may lose some of that grip after the GA visit. Fortunately the N visit is last as of right now, and hopefully that will remind him of his apparent passion for the program.

19 hours ago, Pedro G said:

I suspect after the USC visit, he would tilt a little toward them, and then the same thing after GA. But hopefully his N visit will tilt it back to the Huskers. I be real worried if either one of those other schools were the last visit. But if he continues to shop around, I don’t know. 

Yup Riley can help him achieve everything he wants to do

Don’t want to be Mr Negative, but I will be Mr Realist… I am surprised we are in the running this deep. Obviously his ties to the program is the primary reason and Rhule has done a fantastic job creating a “last minute” relationship. Outside of his family connections, nothing makes sense about him coming to Nebraska. A very below average program, new coach ( which has become revolving door), cold weather climate….compared to USC, Lincoln Riley just has a habit of pushing out Heisman winners and top 5 draft picks and located in California…. Ummm, pretty easy decision. I will gladly admit that I am wrong, but this is no surprise that USC is getting CB, and they will keep coming…. I would obviously make a horrible recruiting coordinator!!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Sure USC is great but they have jettisoned a lot of QBs lately. It’s a revolving door so who’s to say Riley won’t just move onto the next 5 star or big time transfer? I don’t know any insider stuff but we do legitimately have a family connection others don’t and he will get every opportunity to be the guy here. Not sure at USC or UGA.

42 minutes ago, HANC said:

Don’t want to be Mr Negative, but I will be Mr Realist… I am surprised we are in the running this deep. Obviously his ties to the program is the primary reason and Rhule has done a fantastic job creating a “last minute” relationship. Outside of his family connections, nothing makes sense about him coming to Nebraska. A very below average program, new coach ( which has become revolving door), cold weather climate….compared to USC, Lincoln Riley just has a habit of pushing out Heisman winners and top 5 draft picks and located in California…. Ummm, pretty easy decision. I will gladly admit that I am wrong, but this is no surprise that USC is getting CB, and they will keep coming…. I would obviously make a horrible recruiting coordinator!!

All great points. However, one key difference is that with USC, he becomes just another high caliber QB that would join a program with other great modern QBs in their history. USC also signed the top rated QB last season so there is a decent chance he would be sitting for at least one year.

At Nebraska, beyond being the face of the program, he has the opportunity to achieve the legendary status should he be able to team up with Rhule for some big time wins, a la Joe Burrow at LSU. Obviously I'm biased and want him to join the program, but would be disappointed if he joins a USC team that is going to hit (or more likely get hit by) the Big Ten.

16 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

All great points. However, one key difference is that with USC, he becomes just another high caliber QB that would join a program with other great modern QBs in their history. USC also signed the top rated QB last season so there is a decent chance he would be sitting for at least one year.

At Nebraska, beyond being the face of the program, he has the opportunity to achieve the legendary status should he be able to team up with Rhule for some big time wins, a la Joe Burrow at LSU. Obviously I'm biased and want him to join the program, but would be disappointed if he joins a USC team that is going to hit (or more likely get hit by) the Big Ten.

Fair enough, and I really hope he has your outlook!!!!! All valid points

My last reply I was a bit out of context. What I was trying to say is after the GA visit, I expect Dylan will trend back to Georgia, and after the N visit, he will hopefully be reminded of the whole family’s passion for Nebraska and why he was possibly leaning toward them before. I think Wiltfong’s accuracy ratings are a bit misleading. Does he count in them with his change in the crystal balls in the last minute before a recruit commits? Did he count his accuracy when he had a crystal ball for Coleman to Colorado and then back to Nebraska right before the recruit committed? Wiltfong doesn’t really know until right before the prospect commits — kind of like what direction a snowstorm is coming. We have come up with all kinds of scenarios, but we don’t know truly what’s most important to him. It could be any of them. 

On 3/6/2023 at 7:29 PM, Wistrom Disciple said:

The biggest issue that comes into play is the success rate of Lincoln Riley coached QBs. No one can dispute the guys he has had in his system and the success they have had in college and into the NFL.

What brings him to Nebraska is his family connections and IF he wants to live in that 'shadow' of his dad and what he did for Nebraska during his career. He goes to USC and does well it is to be expected. He comes to Nebraska and the pressure to succeed is way higher in my opinion. If it doesn't go as planned the fan base will be relentless on him....

I really hope he ends up at Nebraska, but I just don't see him being able to not go to play for Riley or even Kirby. Hoping I am wrong and will very happy if does end up playing of the Huskers.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Touchdown Tommie said:
On 3/6/2023 at 7:29 PM, Wistrom Disciple said:

The biggest issue that comes into play is the success rate of Lincoln Riley coached QBs. No one can dispute the guys he has had in his system and the success they have had in college and into the NFL.

One thing about Lincoln Riley is the talent he has had to work with in making him the “QB whisper” all these media types say.   Baker is probably his biggest success as he was a high three star recruit that transferred in to OK.

However, Kyler was the number 3 dual threat and overall top 40 recruit,

Jalen was a 2 year starter at Alabama and his true freshman year starts were very comparable to his senior year OK stats.  The one difference is OK had a more downfield passing attack and Alabama relied on a short passing and running game attack.  

Spencer Rattler was #1 QB recruit and a top 10 overall his year but didn’t amount to much at OU

Caleb Williams was the overall number 1 recruit in some ratings.   He has played to his ranking.  

I guess one could say if you are a top 5 QB, Riley isn’t going to mess you up and you have a high likelihood of success.  The question is what would other coaches have done with the same talent.  Ryan Day’s QB’s aren’t too shabby.  GA took a composite 2 star and won 2 national titles and he was a Heisman finalist.  

Rhule put a Temple QB into the NFL

Rhule took the 39th ranked QB and turned him into a 9,000 yr plus passer for his college career at Baylor. 

What would Rhule do with a top ranked QB in his system.  And what would Riley have done with the talent Rhule had to work with at QB?  We will probably never know the later, but hopefully we will find out the former. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

What brings him to Nebraska is his family connections and IF he wants to live in that 'shadow' of his dad and what he did for Nebraska during his career. He goes to USC and does well it is to be expected. He comes to Nebraska and the pressure to succeed is way higher in my opinion. If it doesn't go as planned the fan base will be relentless on him....

I really hope he ends up at Nebraska, but I just don't see him being able to not go to play for Riley or even Kirby. Hoping I am wrong and will very happy if does end up playing of the Huskers.

He has a visit scheduled to Lincoln soon after GA. Perhaps that will remind him why he was possibly leaning to Nebraska before the USC visit. With his passion for Nebraska and if he believes the N coaches can develop him as good, hopefully USC won’t make a difference. Yes, USC makes a lot of since, but he may have different priorities, different needs and wants that only he understands. So what seems logical doesn’t always play out. I truly believe N is still in the running, but if he goes to USC it won’t surprise me. 

12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

One thing about Lincoln Riley is the talent he has had to work with in making him the “QB whisper” all these media types say.   Baker is probably his biggest success as he was a high three star recruit that transferred in to OK.

However, Kyler was the number 3 dual threat and overall top 40 recruit,

Jalen was a 2 year starter at Alabama and his true freshman year starts were very comparable to his senior year OK stats.  The one difference is OK had a more downfield passing attack and Alabama relied on a short passing and running game attack.  

Spencer Rattler was #1 QB recruit and a top 10 overall his year but didn’t amount to much at OU

Caleb Williams was the overall number 1 recruit in some ratings.   He has played to his ranking.  

I guess one could say if you are a top 5 QB, Riley isn’t going to mess you up and you have a high likelihood of success.  The question is what would other coaches have done with the same talent.  Ryan Day’s QB’s aren’t too shabby.  GA took a composite 2 star and won 2 national titles and he was a Heisman finalist.  

Rhule put a Temple QB into the NFL

Rhule took the 39th ranked QB and turned him into a 9,000 yr plus passer for his college career at Baylor. 

What would Rhule do with a top ranked QB in his system.  And what would Riley have done with the talent Rhule had to work with at QB?  We will probably never know the later, but hopefully we will find out the former. 

Adrian Martinez was the #7 dual threat QB in the class.  So, not far out of this group.  

All of these QBs are very talented.  A big part of the other QB's success is the players around them.  Huler, Jalen, Rattler, Williams....all had O lines that protected them and gave them time and also opened up holes for the running game.  It also allowed them to stay healthier than 2AM.

HOPEFULLY, that changes at Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Pedro G said:

He has a visit scheduled to Lincoln soon after GA. Perhaps that will remind him why he was possibly leaning to Nebraska before the USC visit. With his passion for Nebraska and if he believes the N coaches can develop him as good, hopefully USC won’t make a difference. Yes, USC makes a lot of since, but he may have different priorities, different needs and wants that only he understands. So what seems logical doesn’t always play out. I truly believe N is still in the running, but if he goes to USC it won’t surprise me. 

42 minutes ago, freelodr1 said:

Hearing that USC is pressuring Dylan to cancel his GA and Nebr visits.

I don't know this to be fact.

Just hearing it from a fairly reliable source. 

If true, does that imply Dylan has given an undisclosed, verbal commit?

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, freelodr1 said:

Hearing that USC is pressuring Dylan to cancel his GA and Nebr visits.

I don't know this to be fact.

Just hearing it from a fairly reliable source. 

Either that makes him commit there now, or that makes Dylan and the family angry. And he then decides between GA and N, if true of course. I tend to think they don’t want to be rushed. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic