QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

18 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Factionally maybe USC, but emotionally maybe N. Derrick Pearson on his show has heard that DR has been talking to the recruits while in Lincoln about coming here. Does that mean he will commit to N? Unknown. But those saying USC is way ahead, I tend to disagree. N is right in the thick of it. And he is coming for the spring game.   

I can't disagree with most of what you said, except I truly believe that USC is out in front. An article postted not too long ago stated that DR "talks" to Lincoln Riley "daily".  I believe that this IS a big deal, as he hasn't said this about MR (at least I have not read or heard it).  I think he is emotionally invested in Nebraska.  I also am not surprised by him coming to the Spring game.  I have taught and coached for over 30 years and have not met a HS kid yet whom doesn't appreciate being treated like a rock star !!  Why wouldn't he come back in that environment ???  But career decisions can't be made based on how fans treat you, and this is why I think he is USC's to lose.  Now, as I mentioned in the first post, I DO believe that there is a connection or he wouldn't be back as much as he is.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, HANC said:

I can't disagree with most of what you said, except I truly believe that USC is out in front. An article postted not too long ago stated that DR "talks" to Lincoln Riley "daily".  I believe that this IS a big deal, as he hasn't said this about MR (at least I have not read or heard it).  I think he is emotionally invested in Nebraska.  I also am not surprised by him coming to the Spring game.  I have taught and coached for over 30 years and have not met a HS kid yet whom doesn't appreciate being treated like a rock star !!  Why wouldn't he come back in that environment ???  But career decisions can't be made based on how fans treat you, and this is why I think he is USC's to lose.  Now, as I mentioned in the first post, I DO believe that there is a connection or he wouldn't be back as much as he is.

Well, there would have to be fans in the stands for USC fans to treat him like a rock star.  :laughpound

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
5 hours ago, Husker816 said:

UGA/USC race him and dad doing a solid for DONU

I do think at the end of the day, it probably ends up one of those two, but I dont think he is playing Nebraska.

I assume he grew up a Nebraska fan, and always wanted to play here. He now has to make a tough decision on what will set him up for the best future success.

If Nebraska suddenly starts winning games or if they feel like Rhule is the guy, he might take the risk.

But I would bet he is still strongly considering Nebraska.

• Plus1 1

Just for fun, we are on page 51.  Kinda think it will blow up to 100+ (but you never know, it might not - depending on announcement).  If he do commit to Huskers, I imagine this will be near record levels, or even catastrophic.  :)

Here is the HB recruiting leaderboard per season (# of HB pages)

2024 - Dylan Raiola - 51 pages and counting
2023 - Malachi Coleman - 40 pages
2022 - Richard Torres QB - 11 pages
2021 - Thomas Fidone - 45 pages
2020 - Nash Hutmacher - 35 pages
2019 - Wan'Dale Robinson - 87 pages
2018 - Maurice Washington - 58 pages
("Bookie" Radley-Hiles - 107 pages then to OU)
2017 - Keyshawn Johnson - 76 pages
2016 - Patrick O'Brien QB - 38 pages
2015 - Daishon Neal - 45 pages (Stanley Morgan 44 pages)
2014 - Zack Darlington QB - 36 pages
2013 - Terrell Newby - 74 pages - Johnny Stanton - 67 pages
2012 - Jordan Westerkamp - 39 pages 
2011 - Aaron Green - 131 pages
2010 - Brion Carnes QB - 57 pages 
(Owa Odighizuwa - 182 pages then to UCLA)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HANC said:

It wouldn’t surprise me he is talking to his uncle everyday if not Rhule. It appears this coaching staff as a whole is very aggressive. Yes he has a close relationship with Riley and may go there. But his uncle is blood. It wouldn’t surprise me he has an even closer relationship with his uncle. 

• Haha 5
51 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

It wouldn’t surprise me he is talking to his uncle everyday if not Rhule. It appears this coaching staff as a whole is very aggressive. Yes he has a close relationship with Riley and may go there. But his uncle is blood. It wouldn’t surprise me he has an even closer relationship with his uncle. 

Whoever sent the laugh smiley, what do you strongly disagree with? Share with me. 

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Pedro G said:

Whoever sent the laugh smiley, what do you strongly disagree with? Share with me. 

I agree blood is thicker… but as I said, I have not read or heard that he speaks to MR or anyone on a daily basis. You would have thought if he mentioned LR, he may have also said something similar. Again, just my thoughts and point of view. I am not claiming to be right, just stating the reasons why I believe that USC is leading.

* btw, I didn’t leave smiley. Ha. Someone left one on a post of mine earlier too. Maybe DR is finding this humorous, and it is him. Lol…. Probably bc he is going to GA and we are both wrong

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic