QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

What happens to Donovan if Dylan goes to Georgia and the OLine struggles early

I think both of those are going to happen more than likely. New offense + Dylan is Georgia bound. But this program is committed to long term success. I guess we will see. 

• Plus1 2
On 4/8/2023 at 8:34 AM, Huskers93-97 said:

So it’s down to a 2 team race. Few weeks ago most thought he was a lock for USC. Anything can happen with this. I think it was telling Rhule was the first coach out of his mouth when he talked about connection with a staff. 

I hope we are still in the running.  Facilities we will be on par wt Georgia.  NIL is would think we would be close to Georgia.  Here is where I think we have an advantage:

Georgia is now the Nebraska of 1998 - a big fish bowl.  DR would just be one in a string of good to great QB.  He would be a maintainer of the current story line.  He can't make a huge impact on a program that is already on top.  At Nebraska, he would change the trajectory of the whole program.  He would (if his talent plays out as expected) be this decade's Tom Frazier.  There are very few opportunities to have that kind of impact on a program.  Nebraska has everything he needs to become that 'generational' player.  We have the facilities, the money, the coaching staff, and as always the fan base to make it happen.  IF he signs wt Neb, he will bring along with him a glut of talent that will transform the program at several positions.  One has to think there is also the emotional pull of Nebraska with his all American Dad and his uncle being a coach here.  Money and the path to the NFL won't be an issue wherever he decides to go - GA, USC, Neb.  But only at Nebraska can he become a generational player.  Only at Nebraska can he restore a traditional blueblood back to its place back on top :restore.    These are the intangible things that I think will cause him to pick Nebraska over Ga and USC.

So drink the :koolaid2: and GBR. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 2
  • Oh Yeah! 4

If healthy the OL doesn't have any excuses this year imo besides a new playbook. We have a good enough QB and decent backs, WRs to get the job done. I have actually been more impressed with the drills in practice that Raiola runs than the DL. 

I also wouldn't doubt that if we miss on Dylan we could be in a good spot for the younger son Dayton if he keeps improving. 

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I hope we are still in the running.  Facilities we will be on par wt Georgia.  NIL is would think we would be close to Georgia.  Here is where I think we have an advantage:

Georgia is now the Nebraska of 1998 - a big fish bowl.  DR would just be one in a string of good to great QB.  He would be a maintainer of the current story line.  He can't make a huge impact on a program that is already on top.  At Nebraska, he would change the trajectory of the whole program.  He would (if his talent plays out as expected) be this decade's Tom Frazier.  There are very few opportunities to have that kind of impact on a program.  Nebraska has everything he needs to become that 'generational' player.  We have the facilities, the money, the coaching staff, and as always the fan base to make it happen.  IF he signs wt Neb, he will bring along with him a glut of talent that will transform the program at several positions.  One has to think there is also the emotional pull of Nebraska with his all American Dad and his uncle being a coach here.  Money and the path to the NFL won't be an issue wherever he decides to go - GA, USC, Neb.  But only at Nebraska can he become a generational player.  Only at Nebraska can he restore a traditional blueblood back to its place back on top :restore.    These are the intangible things that I think will cause him to pick Nebraska over Ga and USC.

Another thing I don’t think being the QB on a top 5 team increases your chances of going pro and having success. If you have the talent to play in the NFL they find you. Look at the top QBs in the game right now. They did not play for the top teams at the time. Mahomes- Texas tech. Allen- Wyoming- Prescott- mississippi state. Rodgers- cal. Jackson- Louisville. 

I hope we point that out because many times the best QBs don’t go to the top schools so I don’t think elite QBs need to go to a top 5 school to make it 

tbh many QBs from top schools are a disappointment in the nfl and it’s probably because life is so easy on them in college being on a superior team to their competition it actually stunts their development making reads etc 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Another thing I don’t think being the QB on a top 5 team increases your chances of going pro and having success. If you have the talent to play in the NFL they find you. Look at the top QBs in the game right now. They did not play for the top teams at the time. Mahomes- Texas tech. Allen- Wyoming- Prescott- mississippi state. Rodgers- cal. Jackson- Louisville. 

I hope we point that out because many times the best QBs don’t go to the top schools so I don’t think elite QBs need to go to a top 5 school to make it 

tbh many QBs from top schools are a disappointment in the nfl and it’s probably because life is so easy on them in college being on a superior team to their competition it actually stunts their development making reads etc 

That last paragraph is very important. True development doesn’t come easily. Not that we want the team to be lousy around him but even I could make a pas or two if I was surrounded by 5 stars.  If he comes, he’ll pull some 4 & 5 stars to come with him. We won’t be devoid of talent and we haven’t been. Just devoid of good coaching who can develop players. 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, TGHusker said:

This is the next hype video! GBR

17 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

There are a couple QB's in this upcoming draft that make your case perfectly 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic