QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Yall remember Jacob Eason ?  Probably not, of course.

5 star recruit, the #1 ranked HS QB in the nation, and can't miss prospect.  

Signed with Georgia and enrolled early in 2016.  Started his freshmen year, and finished with "meh" results.  Started 12 games and had 16 TDs with 8 INTs.  He got hurt early in his 2nd season, and never won back the starting job at quarterback.  The guy who took over at Georgia (Fromm) lead them to a championship.  Eason, not surprisingly, transferred from Georgia to Washington after that.

Played one season at Washington, did pretty good, nothing special, and got drafted in 4th round in 2020.  Combine measured him at 6'5 231.  Was 3rd string QB for the Colts, played in one game, and put on waivers.  2 other teams put him on practice squad, and he was gone from his NFL dreams in 2022.

Can't miss HS QB recruit, tops in the country.  Started just 26 games in three seasons (13 with Washington).

I am not suggesting that Raiola will go through struggles as Eason did, and I hope he does well.  This is just one of many examples with top HS recruits that can't see the future when they sign on with a College Football Premier contender out of HS (like Georgia, Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, LSU, etc, etc) 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, The_Fan_Man said:

We’ve only ever had one, Jerry Tagge in 1972 was drafted 11th overall.

True. In the NFL, he did start some games, but he wasn’t very successful with the Packers. His lack of arm strength was part of the problem. However, he was a star in the CFL. 

4 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

$3.5 million for someone that hasn’t taken a snap?  I think it’ll get there eventually for NU, but at this point it’s not worth it.  Use other team/program’s money to navigate the NIL s show.

Legacy #1 recruit? Absolutely!

Its not just about him either, but who else he can influence to commit to NU.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You don’t know that.

it’s a value proposition.  Buying a sports car doesn’t make you rich.  It means you have a sports car.

So the way you're "answering" my question is that the money is there, but the allocation strategy doesn't work for Raiola.

Just now, hskrpwr13 said:

So the way you're "answering" my question is that the money is there, but the allocation strategy doesn't work for Raiola.

I’m answering “would suck if Nebraska won’t match”.

I completely disagree.  I think they likely could get in a bidding war, but it’s simply not worth it.  He’s trying to build a culture not win a Barrett Jackson auction.

This program has done so many things wrong by “gambling”.  Why do it again?

Nebraska is a back up plan in 1-3 years for him(my speculation).  I’m fine with that.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

$3.5 million for someone that hasn’t taken a snap?  I think it’ll get there eventually for NU, but at this point it’s not worth it.  Use other team/program’s money to navigate the NIL s show.

If only we had an extra $7.5M laying around that could be used here instead of where it was used...

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
8 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I’m answering “would suck if Nebraska won’t match”.

I completely disagree.  I think they likely could get in a bidding war, but it’s simply not worth it.  He’s trying to build a culture not win a Barrett Jackson auction.

This program has done so many things wrong by “gambling”.  Why do it again?

Nebraska is a back up plan in 1-3 years for him(my speculation).  I’m fine with that.

I can agree to disagree. Admittedly, I don't know what percentage is 3.5M against the NIL budget. That number doesn't seem outrageous compared to other numbers been rumored for top QB recruits. 

• Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic