QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

This isn’t even close to being true.   The absolute most important position in football is NEVER low on the list.  It’s why the good/great programs are always looking for the next highly ranked WB no matter what they have.   It’s where Frost went wrong after getting AM.  He barely tried to upgrade. 

I never said QB was a low priority on the list. What I said was, pertaining to Nebraska Football, the QB play is not high on the list of problems that need fixing. 

Considering the Offensive Line, QB play at Nebraska has been pretty decent. Our QBs have made plays while spending the majority of their time running for their lives in the pocket. That doesn't mean Raiola isn't an upgrade - he is - but until we can block for our QBs or develop a running game, there's only so much magic a QB can make while running away from 3 defenders.

30 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Nebraska has not been this close to signing the #1 overall QB in 30 years; you have to shoot your shot and give everything you can when you have the opportunity to.  

I don't think that's even close to the program's top issue.  There's a difference between shooting your shot and blowing the wad.  I think a lot of folks are chasing unicorns.

Adrian was the #9 DT QB in 2018.  We also likely could have had Burrow.  I don't know about you, but when I look at those QB rankings no one ever hears from 7 of the top 10.  For every Trevor Lawrence, there's 7 Uncle Rico's.  Furthermore, several of these guys that end up being elite, at least recently, are transfers.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I don't think that's even close to the program's top issue.  There's a difference between shooting your shot and blowing the wad.  I think a lot of folks are chasing unicorns.

Adrian was the #9 DT QB in 2018.  We also likely could have had Burrow.  I don't know about you, but when I look at those QB rankings no one ever hears from 7 of the top 10.  For every Trevor Lawrence, there's 7 Uncle Rico's.  Furthermore, several of these guys that end up being elite, at least recently, are transfers.

Great bet that if Burrow came here, he isn't where he is today.  It's a sad fact, and it isn't hard for other coaches to point to like situations.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Great bet that if Burrow came here, he isn't where he is today.  It's a sad fact, and it isn't hard for other coaches to point to like situations.

Agree.

At the end of the day there's 11 people on the field.  Probably 40 that contribute.  And then there's a leadership (coaching) staff.  It's going to take a little time to thaw from the Frost advisory.  Let's slow our roll and be rational in what we are trying to accomplish.

17 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Again, this is just my opinion, and based off what we've heard 2nd hand, but we've got the ability to compete in the upper tier of NIL, so why not do it? Adrian was the #139th ranked player in his class; Burrow was 280. Dylan is #1, and for all intents and purposes, we were leading with him as close as a month ago. And I would be on the same side of this argument if this was a far-and-away incredible DT, or OT, or WR. We've got to be competitive across the entire spectrum, and pinching pennies when it comes to NIL is fighting with one arm tied behind our backs. 

• Plus1 4
19 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I agree 100% with this. Most Texas fans right now think Ole Arch Manning will be 3rd string at best for UT lol. 

Perhaps the rich get richer - as the buzz is that Ga is in the lead now while Nebraska has faded to 4th 

https://huskercorner.com/2023/04/19/nebraska-football-dylan-raiola-georgia-official/

https://www.dawgnation.com/programs/dawgnation-daily-podcast/georgia-football-podcast-dawgnation-daily-uga-recruiting-dylan-raiola-04182023/VZ5U6NCBRRBINKOICHDLDPZ7BE/

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football-picks/college-football-recruiting-dylan-raiola-prediction-georgia-bulldogs

Who's in the lead right now? That honor belongs to Georgia, which currently has the best odds to earn Raiola's commitment, according to the On3 Sports Recruiting Prediction Machine, which uses machine learning to make recruiting projections.

Who's in the race?

Currently, the Bulldogs have a 56.8 percent chance to sign the quarterback. USC comes in second place at 30.2 percent, and Ohio State is third at 6.1 percent.

Nebraska, considered a favorite so far, has moved down to fourth place on the RPM projections, with the Cornhuskers sitting at 4.9 percent.

The quarterback's father, Dominic, was a Rimington Trophy award winner at Nebraska and his uncle is currently the offensive line coach with the Cornhuskers.

Would love to see a scenario where he strings along and pisses off every current top program recruiting him and winds up at NU with a handful of other recruits, and ultimately make more fanbases despise the Nebraska Cornhusker program *if* they rise to the top once again. 

To be hated once again by everyone would be a nice feeling. 

• Oh Yeah! 2

28 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

God wouldn't it be something if they marched him out to announce his commitment at the spring game??? Imagine the roar of the crowd!

I wondered something along those lines, but more so trying to get back a bunch of the players during the Solich era and both Dylan and Dayton having all the uncles around telling stories. I don't think it happens, but would be pretty memorable if it did.

• Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic