QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Meh....if the numbers being thrown around are anywhere close to being true, at this point, I would rather the "powers that be" spend that money on O line, D line and better skill players.  Now, if we had all those in really good shape, then, yes....go spend that money on one super duper QB that can put you over the top.

I'm not saying, don't offer him good money.  But, if it's getting into a bidding war with Georgia and the vast majority of your nest egg is going to go to him......then, it's probably time to look at a group of other players that can actually play a big part in lifting several position groups.

I disagree and it’s not an either or situation.  When the program is this close to bringing the #1 recruit that happens to play the most important position in sports at a position of great need, you’ve got to figure out a way to close the deal.   His commitment alone will be a boon for recruiting the players you mentioned.  Who do you think the top receivers want to play with?  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2
8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I disagree and it’s not an either or situation.  When the program is this close to bringing the #1 recruit that happens to play the most important position in sports at a position of great need, you’ve got to figure out a way to close the deal.   His commitment alone will be a boon for recruiting the players you mentioned.  Who do you think the top receivers want to play with?  

Throw in the fact he is a legacy so might be our only chance to ever land the #1 recruit. 

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Could it be that Dylan doesn’t want to be a runner in Nebraska’s offense and just wants to just throw the ball? He didn’t run much unless he had to in HC. Could this be a possible deal breaker since Rhule wants duel threats running the offense? 

Thought Rhule has stated that he has always run the team based off what they can do.  Not trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  So if he committed and wasn't a runner but can sling it, sling it they shall 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
On 4/28/2023 at 11:55 AM, Husker816 said:

Weird I kept hearing how great our NIL was.

Nebraska has great NIL money. It's not at the level of top programs like Tennessee, but Nebraska is in that second tier of teams in the NIL world. What they have thing for them is that our NIL organization is run in a professional manner - in contrast to the amateur NIL dealings of teams like Florida or Auburn.

Secondly, Dylan isn't coming to Nebraska because his aspirations are to get to the NFL. It has nothing to do with NIL. He's simply asking himself, if he comes to Nebraska, can we surround him with the talent necessary to get him there? Will the line protect him - unlike the last FOUR Nebraska quarterbacks who've had the misfortune to take snaps behind them? 

Instead of blaming NIL, just ask yourself: what does Nebraska offer a player of his caliber compared to the competition? What does Georgia offer that Nebraska doesn't?  (Hint: a lot)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Nebraska has great NIL money. It's not at the level of top programs like Tennessee, but Nebraska is in that second tier of teams in the NIL world. What they have thing for them is that our NIL organization is run in a professional manner - in contrast to the amateur NIL dealings of teams like Florida or Auburn.

Secondly, Dylan isn't coming to Nebraska because his aspirations are to get to the NFL. It has nothing to do with NIL. He's simply asking himself, if he comes to Nebraska, can we surround him with the talent necessary to get him there? Will the line protect him - unlike the last FOUR Nebraska quarterbacks who've had the misfortune to take snaps behind them? 

Instead of blaming NIL, just ask yourself: what does Nebraska offer a player of his caliber compared to the competition? What does Georgia offer that Nebraska doesn't?  (Hint: a lot)

The only thing even close that we have is his dad played here/uncle is coach here. Can’t think of one single advantage we would have otherwise. Truth hurts. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2

15 minutes ago, Decked said:

The only thing even close that we have is his dad played here/uncle is coach here. Can’t think of one single advantage we would have otherwise. Truth hurts. 

Correct.  So, you dream about him picking us (for reasons we don't fully understand). But, nobody should get upset when he doesn't.  Nor, can you get upset with the staff if they can't draw him in.  They need to start winning more with the level of athletes we can get.  Which, I believe is higher than our record would indicate.  Then, once that happens, we have more of a chance to get someone like this player.

• Plus1 1

Yeah, it’s hard to win the recruiting battle for the #1 player in the nation. When it was being reported that Oregon was gaining ground in his recruitment, there were a ton of comments online about “why would Raiola go there?!” A team that won 10 games last year under their new coach, a team that regularly recruits top 15 to top 10 classes, in a pass friendly conference, with a great NIL setup. But the perception is that only the back to back champs or Lincoln Riley make sense. 

I’m still believing we are in it until it’s over but it was always a tough hill to climb, especially without the on field results to point to yet.

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, Decked said:

Exactly. 

Blaming NIL opportunities is a new scapegoat for fans to reconcile why a recruit didn't pick their preferred school.

The reality in this particular case is that Nebaska is just not good enough in multiple facets of Football to lure top recruits like him. We're simply not in the same stratosphere as other programs.

• Plus1 1

I haven't heard him announce yet, and until I do, I truly think NU is in it. We were told he was going to announce by the people that know everything 2 weeks ago, and, yet here we are. 

The reason, in my opinion, he is not announcing is because he wants to choose NU but he doesn't want to be stupid. So, he's waiting for NU to not look like a stupid option. Now, time could certainly be running out, but there is a reason he hasn't give his commitment yet. 

The ONLY reason NU is even in the conversation is that it offers things the other places do not. The chance to be a state and college football legend. I think he loves that idea, but he obviously knows it is not a guarantee. Needs to be convinced Rhule is getting things in place to increase the odds that is going to happen and is using the biggest inside asset he has, his uncle, to monitor it all. 

In the end, after the spring game, I think what is really happening is he is coming to terms with the long shot hero-dom is at the current level of the program. His smart move is to go to Georgia, and, worst case scenario, it doesn't end up being what he hoped there and he transfers her in 2 years where he can still do all of what he wants to do but behind a line that is two years further into functional. Best case scenario, he nails it at Georgia and is in the pro's in 2-3 years. 

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic