QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Okay good, so really you just led yourself and me and probably some others down several posts that had no need to exist and didn't actually say anything that hadn't already been said.

If that’s what you want your take away to be, have at it.   NU having money and others having money has no bearing on anything that had been said.   NU wasting $7.5 million in the fall that could have been used for NIL to outbid others (if it’s an NIL issue which is what precipitated the conversation in case you weren’t aware) is the conversation.  

• Plus1 1

The longer this drags on without a commitment could be an indication Georgia is not a guarantee. At this point I would be surprised if he commits to Nebraska, but going to USC wouldn’t be. Perhaps USC is closer than some think? I just wish it was N. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Hot take:

I think the coaches probably know we aren't getting him as part of the 2024 class, but we are keeping the relationship alive for 2025 or 2026 when he hits the portal.

Kid is on his 3rd high school in 3 years and will be on his 2nd college commitment.  The chances of him sticking at one school for 3 or 4 years seems pretty slim.

He will probably be a stud but I’d love to see a graph/research on how 4* or higher recruits who commit to multiple colleges pan out versus those who are solid to 1. 

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If that’s what you want your take away to be, have at it.   NU having money and others having money has no bearing on anything that had been said.   NU wasting $7.5 million in the fall that could have been used for NIL to outbid others (if it’s an NIL issue which is what precipitated the conversation in case you weren’t aware) is the conversation.  

NU spending that money has absolutely no bearing on if they can beat out other programs for NIL. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3
9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The athletic dept has no control over money for NIL. They are two separate entities. The athletic dept also cannot give to NIL foundations. Anything the AD does has no bearing on the money the NIL foundations have to spend.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2
4 hours ago, desertshox said:

The athletic dept has no control over money for NIL. They are two separate entities. The athletic dept also cannot give to NIL foundations. Anything the AD does has no bearing on the money the NIL foundations have to spend.

Sort of. While the Athletic Department can't really coordinate with NIL cooperatives, they can certainly advise donors that the money they plan on donating to the Athletic Department is better spent elsewhere. And maybe that elsewhere just so happens to be an NIL cooperative.

Last fall, for example, Nebraska signed a $300 million dollar media rights deal with Playfly Sports that just so happened to include a $7.5 million dollar signing bonus - presumably where the money came from to fire Frost - and it also had $2.5 million in NIL donations. @Archy1221 has a point that is true: Nebraska would've been much better served to fire Frost two weeks later and put that $7.5m signing bonus into the NIL pool to make it $10 million. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, desertshox said:

Yes I think everyone understands that.   I also think everyone understands that if certain NIL money is needed it gets conveyed to those that can make it happen and those people can then decide if they want to get involved.   

• Plus1 1

55 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I read some of these comments and I'm reminded of that guy who empties his bank account to pay the stripper because she's "in love with me".

Except in your analogy, the stripper would willingly enter the relationship if stripper wants to actually get paid / keep the money. 

• Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic