QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Can't blame the guy. Would you want to spend four years behind our O Line, or a line of proven blockers?

Exactly.

Our O-Line isn't just bad, it's dangerous. Every QB who's played behind it has ended up injured, 3 of which required off season surgery including a guy who ate through a tube for half a year. 

Why would Dylan want to play behind that if they want to go to the NFL?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

The focus of the DONU build, both recruiting and development, should be around and in front of the QB on offense. Georgia is great. And the QB being great is part of that. But they won with Stetson Bennett. And he's not at the level of DR. 

Tennessee didn't win the title with Peyton Manning. They won it with the much less talented Tee Martin. 

If you have the guys to make plays and the system that allows guys to shine, then the QB looks great.

If you don't have much around a great QB, then the QB looks bad.

I say all of this while feeling disappointed too. And it's mainly due to missing out on the boost of energy from getting a legit player and the boost in recruiting from peer-to-peer recruiting. We won't have that, so it's going to be a longer build. That's my feeling at this point, but I am feeling pretty negative so.... on we go.

• Plus1 1

This makes me sad, but, if being honest. We don't need QB like him to get us to our goals. For sure he'd have made it easier, but its not like we are trying to get over the hump in the upper echelons of the sport.  We can get to where we need to get for now, IE, beating Iowa and Purdue, with a Tanner Morgan.  As others have said, need to fix soooo many thing before getting a guy like Dylan can have the kind of impact getting a guy like him should have. 

43 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Exactly.

Our O-Line isn't just bad, it's dangerous. Every QB who's played behind it has ended up injured, 3 of which required off season surgery including a guy who ate through a tube for half a year. 

Why would Dylan want to play behind that if they want to go to the NFL?

Your absolutely correct.  Nebraska wants the 5 star kids but we haven't had great position coaches to show them that we can develop them.  Nebraska will always be behind the 8 ball for those highly ranked kids bc other programs can show them their recent success, we can't and haven't.  Until we do and get back to the fundamentals of being a winning program don't expect high prospects to pick us over the marquee universities.   Good luck to him and his college career.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 2

56 minutes ago, GSG said:

Guess we can fire his uncle now lol

While I was perplexed he of all the staff was brought back I solely doubt he was retained because of Dylan. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Got people whipped up in a tizzy that Dylan was going to visit in June.

The Nebraska 247 staff has as whole not been as good with recruiting this cycle me thinks 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic