QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

FYI all the crystal balls even the 247 husker guys switched to UGA. This was coming from the insiders on the UGA board. That is the source of the crystal balls. Schaefer basically said it’s over. A rumored commitment could be coming today, tomorrow, & or very soon. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

We have a new coach and haven't made a bowl game since 2016 and Husker fans are gonna melt over not getting the #1 QB...I get he is a legacy but we have other things to worry about. 

And yes, I would obviously want him to commit here I just don't hang onto commits anymore with how the past staff was. Can't bandaid a bad program. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
On 4/17/2023 at 9:27 AM, Mavric said:

Guessing because had not committed yet, so perhaps that's why (slightly sliding down).  He was the #1 overall HS commit for 2 years running it seems like.  Oh well.  Best of luck to him at Georgia, USC, Nebraska or wherever.  I will say that I am not a believer of him staying at the place he signs his next LOI.  Just going by the number of HS stops he has had, the decommit from Ohio State, and how things can change fast during your first year on campus if you sit out.  So again, who knows what will happen in the near future.

• Thanks 2

Is anyone else imagining him making a surprise appearance at the spring game this weekend and announcing his commitment live on the Huskervision screen during halftime? Then a few of the other visitors join him?

Yeah, me neither, but just asking. Think of the crowd reaction, though.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

The thing I find interesting about the GA recruitment is him going to a school that lacks top NFL. Caliber QB development since the Kirby Smart era.  Kids usually choose schools for four reasons

1) favorite school growing up

2) win

3) next level development 

4) play right away, or quickly.  

I would figure the lack of 1st round draft development would be a knock against going to GA 

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The thing I find interesting about the GA recruitment is him going to a school that lacks top NFL. Caliber QB development since the Kirby Smart era.  Kids usually choose schools for four reasons

2) win

I would figure the lack of 1st round draft development would be a knock against going to GA 

It'll be interesting to see what UGA looks like with Mike Bobo calling plays with Monken moving on to the NFL. Bobo did coach some pretty good QBs early in his career in Stafford, Aaron Murray and David Greene all of whom have at least had a cup of coffee in the NFL and were drafted (Stafford has obviously had a tremendous career). That being said, his last couple stops at South Carolina and Auburn left a lot to be desired.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

2) win

When is the last time Nebraska developed a first round QB? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic