Basketball shoes for wide feet + recommendations appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Adidas does usually run wider on some models, but New Balance is the only one I know who makes wide shoes. I used to work at a New Balance store when I was in college. Before I got wider, better fitting shoes, I always but longer shoes. The longer or bigger the size the wider the shoe. But my right size wasn’t 13. It was 11.5 with a 4E width. I have to buy all of my shoes from them because I wear a 4E. I tell people I have Hobbit feet minus the hair! :)

I’m not sure if you live near a New Balance store. That’s really the only place where they sell NB in different widths. If not, you can find them online at newbalance.com

They can be more expensive. It looks like $139 online. I found 7 shoes online that are 2E width, which is wide. These mighty work for you. Hope this helps. 

https://www.newbalance.com/men/?prefn1=activity&prefv1=Basketball&prefn2=width&prefv2=Wide (2E)&srule=null

• 8 months later...

@seaofred92 I have the same wide feet myself! When trying on basketball shoes, it's a good idea to try them on with socks similar to the ones you're going to play in. If a player constantly uses an elastic bandage or ankle calipers, they should be tried on shoes in them. It is important to determine if the foot is stable enough in the shoe. It should not be pinched but not slipped and hung out. I often wear my new yeezys to the court. They are not very suitable for basketball, but they are comfortable for me! Also, contrary to popular belief, an all-leather upper is not the best option. The combination of leather and high-tech synthetic materials is much better. Take the time and money to buy yourself good shoes!

• Plus1 1