Bill Moos Out As AD at Nebraska

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That is my big fear here.

Time for Trev Alberts?

To be fair, at the age he was when hired, I never thought this would be a long term thing anyway.

I didnt think it would be long term either, but I also didnt expect it to be this abrupt..almost overnight. Trev Alberts???  Dont know about that one.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

He's made a TON of hires in the short time he's been here, something near half the coaches on staff, but I get the impression we'll barely remember the Bill Moos era in a few years. 

Most people around these parts usually prefer to bring up the trainwrecks more than the so/so.

The fact he is somewhat forgettable isnt the worst thing in the world. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Most people around these parts usually prefer to bring up the trainwrecks more than the so/so.

The fact he is somewhat forgettable isnt the worst thing in the world. 

Here is how I would remember the past AD's for NU

Devaney - last of the good old boy, football coach turned AD

Byrne - great business-man as AD, helped the athletic department become good at numerous other sports, but lost focus on football; the big what-if is what would have happened if he had been allowed to name Osborne's successor (I know the names out there, but would Bob Stoops or Mack Brown have been welcome in Lincoln)

Pedeyshine - supposed to be the "insider" who was going to unify NU and the state, unfortunately he was a complete a-hole who scared everyone at the athletic department

Osborne - stop-gap after the Pederson debacle; good at times, but didn't seem to be very progressive on the future of college athletics and society overall

Eichorst - another complete a-hole who had no idea what he was doing as AD

Moos - seemed like a good guy who handled the fans and media well; hired the coaches that fans wanted; probably was just too old and distant to make it work long-term

• Plus1 2

Sometimes changes take place earlier then planned for several reasons. Namely the successor may be available now. With fall sports around the corner they probably feel it's a good time to get someone in the position now or maybe Moos reconsidered his decision about staying through his contract. It's not like he has to go find a job on Thursday.  

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's abrupt but the timing isn't odd: baseball just finished and football hasn't started.

It's no big deal.

And that's what Moos WANTS you to think, as he and his hookers catch a night plane to Kiev. 

I thought it was a night train to Georgia?

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Let's have some fun

Husker players explain decision to kneel at national anthem; Gov. Pete  Ricketts calls protest 'disgraceful' | Football | omaha.com

Only if you want the program to go the way of Pacific’s football program. 

And I’m thinking we back the Brinks(TM) money truck up to Hank Bounds’ house and make him say no.

As for Moos and drinking, there were early reports about how  Moos had already raised the ire of some of the more teetotaling donors by just drinking in public as soon as he got here. I wonder if the reports of Moos’ drinking are coming from and exacerbated through the lens of said teetotaler donors. 

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

He's made a TON of hires in the short time he's been here, something near half the coaches on staff, but I get the impression we'll barely remember the Bill Moos era in a few years. 

I don't agree with that.  If Fred, Bolt and Williams continue on their path (with Fred getting the wins most see coming) and Frost catches up and starts having good seasons, Moos will be remembered as one of the best ADs for coaching hires in Nebraska history.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2