Bill Moos Out As AD at Nebraska

1 minute ago, HANC said:

Maybe? I don’t think Moos was going to fire SF. Typically at major football schools, the AD’s legacy is tied directly to the football coach, especially the ones they hire.  If their major hire doesn’t pan out, they are out the door with the coach. Which, in turn may make your SF thought more accurate.

I didn't think so either, but I don't think he viewed his legacy being in question because of Scott, and if its true that they didn't get along for years, then I can see him firing him, and hiring the next "can't miss coach" and then sealing his legacy that way. He had a lot of time left. 

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

For many, myself included, I don't think it was that well known. And I am assuming it wasn't like that in the first few years, so then it begs the question of what happened before the OU fiasco?

Yea, I had never once heard this until today. I thought they were on the same page so I’d be curious to hear more about this. 

• Plus1 2
48 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I didn't think so either, but I don't think he viewed his legacy being in question because of Scott, and if its true that they didn't get along for years, then I can see him firing him, and hiring the next "can't miss coach" and then sealing his legacy that way. He had a lot of time left. 

You may be on to something. Knowing that SF wasn’t truly “his” hire. He was brought here to hire him.

7 minutes ago, HANC said:

You may be on to something. Knowing that SF wasn’t truly “his” hire. He was brought here to hire him.

And I don't forget about Moos throwing down the 8-9 win statement. Did he set an expectation that he knew Scott would struggle to reach? Man, there are a lot of questions. 

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

I am going to assume the notion that this was a power move by Scott. If the relationship was sour, then Moos might have fired Scott next year if they didn't make a bowl or win enough, which I think was way more possible than many believe. I think Scott, Matt, and other higher ups are ensuring Scott's time here, and have already been contacting an AD to come and take this role. He will get paid a lot of money, and be loyal to Scott. It's genius. 

Lol.  That’s not how it will work.  If Scott doesn’t win, it doesn’t matter who the AD is. The fans will fire him. If there isn’t significant improvement this year, Frost is absolutely on the hot seat in 2022. If they don’t have a winning season this year, his grace period has ended. You don’t get to come to Nebraska and put up 4 straight losing seasons without having to atone for that record. It’s just the truth, and I was the biggest fan of this hire and want nothing more than Frost to succeed. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, J-MAGIC said:

Some reasonable inference would say Moos was ready to retire and had been considering it for a while, but NU was slightly unhappy with some stuff and preferred to do it sooner than Moos envisioned. If that's the truth I'm not super upset or concerned.  

Reasonable inference??

8360E1F7-1B77-4B4B-80A4-11FA806772AA.jpeg

1 minute ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Lol.  That’s not how it will work.  If Scott doesn’t win, it doesn’t matter who the AD is. The fans will fire him. If there isn’t significant improvement this year, Frost is absolutely on the hot seat in 2022. If they don’t have a winning season this year, his grace period has ended. You don’t get to come to Nebraska and put up 4 straight losing seasons without having to atone for that record. It’s just the truth, and I was the biggest fan of this hire and want nothing more than Frost to succeed. 

I agree with you, but there is too much smoke to ignore the power play stuff. I have been saying for two years that he will not get 7 years or even 5 if he can't have a decent season or two amidst it. But I have to imagine that with the timing, the not getting along, the OU debacle, etc, that there is something going on. It's too abrupt, and no sign points to a NCAA investigation or anything like that, which is typically the go to reason for guys leaving like that. Idk. 

1 hour ago, HANC said:

Frost was only like four games into the 2017 season when Moos was hired. Frost was a contender for the job at that point, but hardly the slam dunk hire who just had an undefeated season that he would be by the time we hired him.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Toe said:

Frost was only like four games into the 2017 season when Moos was hired. Frost was a contender for the job at that point, but hardly the slam dunk hire who just had an undefeated season that he would be by the time we hired him.

Absolutely. But, Moos was hired under the presumption he would go after SF. If he didn’t get him, move on, but SF was who the brass wanted.