Bill Moos Out As AD at Nebraska

17 hours ago, BartonHusker said:

J-Magic I must say you do bring up a really really good point. Living in Kansas, I have witnessed what KU has gone through and it’s not pretty at all. Sure some of it has been bad hiring but also very short leashes that just set things back even further on rebuilds. 

With this day and age of the transfer portal, making a rash decision on a coaching change is just asking for even more trouble than you perceived you were in at that moment.  

At what point do you cut your losses and move on?  Frost had three years (and now a 4th try) to spark a resurgence and rally this football program back into the national fray, but instead we have received one loss after another and one embarrassment after another.  Watch Frost after the games and tell me that is not a man who has given up.  I see no spark.  I see no drive.  I see endless excesses.  I see him constantly throw his own players under the bus.  I see a man counting his days until his return to Florida where every day is sunny and warm and work is easy and fun with a butt-kissing local media to boot.   Plenty of schools in FL that would like to have Frost in charge.  Frost even said he likes to recruit in the day and be back home by dinner.  I bet his wife would love to see the NE winters in her rear-view mirror.  Frost can walk around FL all day long and not be harassed or recognized by the locals.  Was it not Frost who put out warnings to the media and locals that his "child and wife were off limits" before even moving here?  Why the defensive stance against those he (supposedly) wants to spend the rest of his life and career around?  Would he not feel more safe for his family in FL where very few people know who he is?

There are too many positives for Frost to go back to FL and too many negatives for him to stay here.  

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Other than the contract itself, Moos had very little to do with Frost coming.

It was Davison, Osborne and Green.

So back to my original point, that Moos was brought into the program knowing he was after one guy. Meaning that SF wasn’t completely “his” guy as much as he was the University’s guy.

54 minutes ago, Bledred said:

At what point do you cut your losses and move on?  Frost had three years (and now a 4th try) to spark a resurgence and rally this football program back into the national fray, but instead we have received one loss after another and one embarrassment after another.  Watch Frost after the games and tell me that is not a man who has given up.  I see no spark.  I see no drive.  I see endless excesses.  I see him constantly throw his own players under the bus.  I see a man counting his days until his return to Florida where every day is sunny and warm and work is easy and fun with a butt-kissing local media to boot.   Plenty of schools in FL that would like to have Frost in charge.  Frost even said he likes to recruit in the day and be back home by dinner.  I bet his wife would love to see the NE winters in her rear-view mirror.  Frost can walk around FL all day long and not be harassed or recognized by the locals.  Was it not Frost who put out warnings to the media and locals that his "child and wife were off limits" before even moving here?  Why the defensive stance against those he (supposedly) wants to spend the rest of his life and career around?  Would he not feel more safe for his family in FL where very few people know who he is?

There are too many positives for Frost to go back to FL and too many negatives for him to stay here.  

And we are now all dumber for having read it…. Wow… 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, Bledred said:

Florida touched someone’s no-no zone 

• Haha 2
34 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

it sure looks bad the way they cut Moos loose so suddenly. I suspect Ronnie Green is driving the bus and Frost could be getting off at the next planned/unplanned stop.?

doesn't appear to be much stability left here now. This is obviously not good.

It doesn’t look good from timing, plus stories don’t match up. Interesting. 

Question, not argument. Do you really think Green will get rid of SF? My thoughts are just the opposite. I believe that Green is SF  biggest fan and will assure he gets two more years. Interested in your take.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, hunter49 said:

it sure looks bad the way they cut Moos loose so suddenly. I suspect Ronnie Green is driving the bus and Frost could be getting off at the next planned/unplanned stop.?

If Green and Frost were as big of fans of one another as they are, then maybe. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, hunter49 said:

Rumors on foreign boards say you cannot fire Frost until he wins 9 games. 

• Haha 5
7 hours ago, Bad2theBONES said:

Not to mention all of the transfer kids.  Something is missing, here!  As far as Moos goes, there are lots of rumors, some very ugly and most likely untrue.  Personally, I don't think Frost and Moos saw eye to eye on the big picture.   Moos left his last jobs with some uncomfortable circumstances.   This move seems to fall in line with the rest.  

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Bad2theBONES said:

Being able to watch events unfold, listen to inside sources and have an opinion is scary for some.

Add Moos being fired and Frost losing his top recruits to the transfer portal every year to that list I just provided.  Don't blink, you just might miss something. 

• Haha 5

my take is Frost gets this year to show improvement. He gets to a bowl game he is safe for a couple more barring the following year he makes a bowl etc. If he misses a bowl this year he probably starts next season as one of the coaches with the hottest seats in the country. Either massive improvement or he is gone. What is actually nice about all of this is we will have actually fired a coach for sucking instead of not winning titles. This actually opens our options on coaches who would want to come here honestly. We just have to say hey look you get time you just have to show us improvement. Not you have to win more than 9 games or you are gone type of scenario.