Bill Moos Out As AD at Nebraska

5 hours ago, J-MAGIC said:

When I left work on Friday the board was at "Moos probably wanted to retire and Nebraska asked him to politely leave sooner" and now we're at full-blown "Palace intrigue, power struggle, let's fire our coach, lowest point in program history." I'm having whiplash here; we've gotta slow down.

So, pretty much a typical weekend during the off season...

8 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Agree. I’m kind of use to losing, but what I  cannot stomach is more coaching carousel. With all the hype and let down. Let’s just play our cards for once. 

still think Moos’ leave was preplanned when he was hired. He’s 70 after all. 

Moos intended to stay through his '22 contract. Green jerked his knee and pulled the trigger over night.

must have had a bad dream. June 30 was apparently the plan when he woke up and the bed sheets were wet.

Scott is on borrowed time, new AD's don't champion losers.

• Haha 1

I haven't read all 17 pages of this discussion (sorry) but I think that Nebraska's moving on from Moos is in order to attempt to "make amends/clean start" with the Big Ten/NCAA because of their "renegade" position with regard to being vocal about wanting to playing football last year (and schedule their own opponents to come to Lincoln). People seem to have forgotten how Nebraska "stood alone" back then and I think it should be obvious to anyone (especially after the ridiculous punitive regional that [Big Ten conference champ] got in being placed in the #1 Arkansas Regional) that Nebraska is in the doghouse in ways that HURT.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/volleyball/cook-stivrins-grateful-to-play-but-still-a-pretty-rough-setup-at-ncaa-tournament-in/article_bbfcff11-c3da-5167-a473-79f213b0c7b5.html

Overall I liked Bill Moos and believe he hired 2 coaches (Frost and Hoiberg) that most fans felt would be successful. He also was here for the start of the new sports complex which is a plus.

The biggest negative was giving Frost a 2 year extension at the end of his 2nd year when he had not shown any signs of success. At the time Frost still had 5 years on the original contract and there was no need for an extension at that point in time.

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Overall I liked Bill Moos and believe he hired 2 coaches (Frost and Hoiberg) that most fans felt would be successful. He also was here for the start of the new sports complex which is a plus.

The biggest negative was giving Frost a 2 year extension at the end of his 2nd year when he had not shown any signs of success. At the time Frost still had 5 years on the original contract and there was no need for an extension at that point in time.

and honestly who are we more confident in at this point? Hoiberg or Frost? The answer is far too easy for me. 

Well, Hoiberg farther ahead for sure, but much easier turning a ship of 12 players around as opposed to one of 145. Also, much easier for younger players to contribute in basketball.

This entire thread will be moot 5 months. We are going to win a lot more than people think this season. Adrian is the horse we thought he was, he just needs to quit having to run in sand.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 4

Funny how a minute ago some were talking about wins & losses being the one true measure of a coach, and now people are apparently more confident in a .237 coach than a .375 coach...

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

and honestly who are we more confident in at this point? Hoiberg or Frost? The answer is far too easy for me. 

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Funny how a minute ago some were talking about wins & losses being the one true measure of a coach, and now people are apparently more confident in a .237 coach than a .375 coach...

Very true but the bar is also quite different.  One NCAA tourney win and Fred is the best coach in NU history and could get a statue someday.  Frosty needs 4 Natties to be the GOAT as a FB coach and we are sitting here debating if we can make a bowl ever again.

5 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

I haven't read all 17 pages of this discussion (sorry) but I think that Nebraska's moving on from Moos is in order to attempt to "make amends/clean start" with the Big Ten/NCAA because of their "renegade" position with regard to being vocal about wanting to playing football last year (and schedule their own opponents to come to Lincoln). People seem to have forgotten how Nebraska "stood alone" back then and I think it should be obvious to anyone (especially after the ridiculous punitive regional that [Big Ten conference champ] got in being placed in the #1 Arkansas Regional) that Nebraska is in the doghouse in ways that HURT.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/volleyball/cook-stivrins-grateful-to-play-but-still-a-pretty-rough-setup-at-ncaa-tournament-in/article_bbfcff11-c3da-5167-a473-79f213b0c7b5.html

I want to be a renegade, we need an identity. Let's have that one