Bill Moos Out As AD at Nebraska

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And their practice facilities?  I've never heard of them being top.  But, I also don't pay that much attention to them.  Have they had a major upgrade recently?

Cook Hall is crazy awesome. Villanova, Kentucky, and Duke I would put up there as well. There is NO DOUBT that Nebraska has some of the best facilities in the country. A case could be made for second at DONU. 

2 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Cook Hall is crazy awesome. Villanova, Kentucky, and Duke I would put up there as well. There is NO DOUBT that Nebraska has some of the best facilities in the country. A case could be made for second at DONU. 

I'm just going off of the fact that around 5-6 years ago, we were well known for having the best basketball facilities in the country.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Nebraska has the best facilities for a team that has been awful.  The same can be said for Football.  Obviously fundrasing and facilities have not been the issue.  Sounds like the money is there for the new FB facility.  That should tell you what they are looking for in the next AD.  Just win, baby!!

• Plus1 1

Pay him 3 million to leave,  and still have to hire a search firm for a national search? I'd have thought they would have someone lined up already if they're booting him out.  But if I've ever learned anything about these things it's that they don't make sense most times. Especially at Nebraska.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Pay him 3 million to leave,  and still have to hire a search firm for a national search? I'd have thought they would have someone lined up already if they're booting him out.  But if I've ever learned anything about these things it's that they don't make sense most times. Especially at Nebraska.

Nebraska: Plan is to buy out Moos and go get option #1 for AD.

......Gives Moos hefty buy-out, option #1 declines AD job.......

Nebraska: Well, f#&%.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
14 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

I bet we don’t even lead the league in buyouts. 

Nebraska’s run of buyouts continues. A 2020 study by Athletic Director U revealed no school in the country spent more money paying off football and men’s basketball coaches since 2005 than the Huskers, who doled out nearly $28 million overall. The school also paid off fired A.D.s Steve Pederson ($2.2 million) and Shawn Eichorst ($1.7 million) during that span.

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/former-nebraska-a-d-bill-moos-to-receive-nearly-3-million-in-exit-agreement/article_d0a77bea-dab8-11eb-a9b4-7f9eeed63393.amp.html

...at least we're winning something?

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
12 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Nebraska is such a joke at this point. Whatever is going on in North Stadium needs a revamp.

Nobody is fooled by this. Have some balls and publicly fire the guy. Why go through the dog and pony show?

This is not uncommon in college athletics.  We aren't different than other schools.

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is not uncommon in college athletics.  We aren't different than other schools.

Just curious who else has had an athletic director retire with 18 months left on their contract, but still paid them out for not only the entire sum of the remaining contract but also bonuses based on future metrics the teams have not even yet achieved?

• Fire 1
20 minutes ago, kchusker_chris said:

Just curious who else has had an athletic director retire with 18 months left on their contract, but still paid them out for not only the entire sum of the remaining contract but also bonuses based on future metrics the teams have not even yet achieved?

I'm not going to research it.  But, contracts like this are common and this stuff is typically spelled out in the contract when the person is hired.

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not going to research it.  But, contracts like this are common and this stuff is typically spelled out in the contract when the person is hired.

...based on when the person is fired.  this person retired.  that's completely different.  which is what he was referring to, have some balls and make it public the guy was fired.  only reason not to do that is to protect Moos and/or cover something up.  For a school trying to scrap together $$ to keep the build going throwing $3million to someone who voluntarily exited 18 months short of his comittement isn't exactly an intelligent decision unless you had damn good reason to.  Pretty expensive retirement party....

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, kchusker_chris said:

...based on when the person is fired.  this person retired.  that's completely different.  which is what he was referring to, have some balls and make it public the guy was fired.  only reason not to do that is to protect Moos and/or cover something up.  For a school trying to scrap together $$ to keep the build going throwing $3million to someone voluntarily exited 18 months short of his comittement isn't exactly an intelligent decision unless you had damn good reason to.  Pretty expensive retirement party....

People are trying really hard to make this into some form of scandal.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1