Bill Moos Out As AD at Nebraska

Some people's reactions to this have been absolutely asinine. We know almost nothing about what happened and it just as easily could be something banal and a non-issue as it could be something concerning. The knee-jerk alarmism to everything that happens with the football team is getting so old. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, J-MAGIC said:

Some people's reactions to this have been absolutely asinine. We know almost nothing about what happened and it just as easily could be something banal and a non-issue as it could be something concerning. The knee-jerk alarmism to everything that happens with the football team is getting so old. 

Pretty much everything that happens with the fb team elicits a knee jerk reaction though, sooo

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

That's why it's best to just wait and see what happens. It's fine to be curious. It's not fine to go off on some conspiracy tangent. Granted, I haven't read this entire thread so maybe people are doing that, but for the most part it seems like curiosity to me.

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's why it's best to just wait and see what happens. It's fine to be curious. It's not fine to go off on some conspiracy tangent. Granted, I haven't read this entire thread so maybe people are doing that, but for the most part it seems like curiosity to me.

Exactly!!!

33 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm not mad at "Oh, this is kind of strange and possibly concerning." But I am mad at the "This has to mean we're firing our coach; why is our athletic department always in shambles, 20 years of ineptitude" crybaby stuff.

1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I figured with the sudden nature of his "retirement" they would have somebody to fill the job this week.

Huh? If it was all done suddenly, why would they have already had a replacement ready?

As of 'this week' Garrett Klassy is the interim AD.

3 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

What is disappointing is we haven't seemed to learn from our mistakes. 

Have someone in the WINGS BEFORE you FIRE someone- unless said firee is causing harm to others. Disappointing. 

Have no problem with replacing Moos if he is AWOL- but have someone in the wings, committed and ready to replace him.

I have been screaming this from the rooftops since the day they fired Solich. I'm willing to bet that Alabama has at least five candidates to replace Saban when the day comes. It is honestly Beyond me that the powers-that-be that make the decisions completely fumble every opportunity they are given and what boils me the most is that they are being paid and often rewarded for these decisions. I just don't understand how you don't have a plan in place to replace a coach or an athletic director if something like this happens. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If Moos is "retiring" and we are paying him anyways, what was the harm in having him continue until we had a replacement in the bag? It's not like this is a Michigan, Ohio State. Penn State or Michigan State scenario where people are in danger. If Moos was AWOL and the dept was still running well on autopilot- no harm in letting that continue until we have another guy lined up. 

• Plus1 1

54 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

I have been screaming this from the rooftops since the day they fired Solich. I'm willing to bet that Alabama has at least five candidates to replace Saban when the day comes. It is honestly Beyond me that the powers-that-be that make the decisions completely fumble every opportunity they are given and what boils me the most is that they are being paid and often rewarded for these decisions. I just don't understand how you don't have a plan in place to replace a coach or an athletic director if something like this happens. 

Every athletics department and school has replacement lists lined up for coaches. Nebraska certainly does and if you think it doesn't you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how athletics departments work. We don't have anyone hired yet because gauging interest and negotiating agreements takes a lot longer than A WEEK.

3 hours ago, J-MAGIC said:

Every athletics department and school has replacement lists lined up for coaches. Nebraska certainly does and if you think it doesn't you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how athletics departments work. We don't have anyone hired yet because gauging interest and negotiating agreements takes a lot longer than A WEEK.

Bahahahahhahahahahahahhaahaha!

Calm down little fella its not that serious. 

• Haha 1