Bill Moos Out As AD at Nebraska

On 7/1/2021 at 7:46 PM, Dr. Strangelove said:

Nebraska is such a joke at this point. Whatever is going on in North Stadium needs a revamp.

Nobody is fooled by this. Have some balls and publicly fire the guy. Why go through the dog and pony show?

"Dog and pony show" pretty much sums up the last 20 years, IMO.  

• 1 month later...

Pretty interesting revisiting this thread after yesterday's news.  A couple thoughts rolling through my head:

1.  Was Moos given the golden parachute as a way to move on from the irreparably broken relationship between Frost and Moos, after the end around concerning the Oklahoma schedule change?  I could easily see a scenario where it became a "one of us has to go" mandate to Ted Carter/Ronnie Green, and ultimately, the decision was made to have Moos "retire", while collecting full payment.

2.  Was the NCAA investigation the final straw and/or cause to allow NU to push Moos into "retirement"?  The NCAA investigation was not public knowledge when Moos left in June, but I'm convinced NU knew about this before his departure.  I know the media pushed the "he was always gone at his ranch" narrative, but you wonder if Carter/Green tried to get ahead of the situation by having Moos "retire" and give him full payment (as long as he signed NDA), knowing that the investigation would become public down the road.  Also curious why the announcement of Lambrecht's departure just happened to occur days before the news broke of the NCAA investigation.

HMMMMMMM

• Plus1 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 1/25/2022 at 1:43 PM, Cdog923 said:

For folks that didn't follow through to the column, Cook essentially said (in so many words) that Moos was a good guy, but asleep at the wheel and AD support wasn't there for most of the programs. 

If Trev steps down, moves on, or he and Mark May finally have the battle to end all battles, then I think Cook should get a serious shot. 

• Fire 1
15 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

For folks that didn't follow through to the column, Cook essentially said (in so many words) that Moos was a good guy, but asleep at the wheel and AD support wasn't there for most of the programs. 

If Trev steps down, moves on, or he and Mark May finally have the battle to end all battles, then I think Cook should get a serious shot. 

I'd trust Cook to be able to help develop coaches and provide them with the proper resources to excel in their craft as well as the ability to identify amazing coaches. 

33 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'd trust Cook to be able to help develop coaches and provide them with the proper resources to excel in their craft as well as the ability to identify amazing coaches. 

I agree with that. However, now days being an AD is much more than that.  It's fundraising, marketing, construction planning and management....etc.  I'm sure there's more.  The job is much more than when Devany took over and being a good coach was enough.