Bill Moos Out As AD at Nebraska

10 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

If they fire Frost after this season, then I am done with this program. You can't have 3 coaches in a span of just 7 years and expect success. Who the hell would want to coach here, knowing they only get 4 years to produce an 8 or 9 win season. No one, I repeat, no one would take us seriously anymore. We have to support Frost.

How about 3 coaches in the span of 14-15 years? 

The expectation of something close to one 8 or 9 win season in 4-5 years is the expectation at every P5 school in America. Name a school/coach in the last 25 years who didn't get fired without something close to that in 4 years?

• Plus1 3

32 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

Also, we gave Frost an extension in 2019. We're tied to him until December 31, 2026. Do we really want another Pelini on our hands, paying another coach to not coach us and just to go away?

https://huskers.com/news/2019/11/16/football-nebraska-to-extend-scott-frost-coaching-contract-to-2026.aspx

They aren’t going to fire him after this year, but we aren’t tied to jim till 2026 either. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

They aren’t going to fire him after this year, but we aren’t tied to jim till 2026 either. 

If Frost doesn't get things turned around these next 2 years then look no further than Michigan for what things will be like.

The rumor I have heard is that a frost doesn't make it to a bowl game this year than he is out after four full years.

If that is the case which I hope it is not because I really like Frost and want him to stay and be successful here along with Chins. There are only about three coaches that I would want to come here outside of Saban and Sweeney.

Matt Campbell who I feel is going to go to Michigan after Jim Harbaugh is fired this year

Luke fickell, who I feel is going to remain at Cincinnati until Ryan day takes an NFL job and then Luke fickell be named Ohio State's head coach.

Bill O'Brien, who is Alabama's current offense coordinator.

None of those guys I feel would be at Nebraska for the Long Haul which is my number one priority when looking for a football coach sustained long-term success. Out of the four coaches Frost is the only one that fits the mold perfectly. So while we are not having the current success in the win-loss column that we would all like to see. Frost is our best and only true real option. So imo we back Frost and put as much wind in his sail for the next 3 years as we can. And if after his seven years are up and we are not improving then I think you make the change. But as people have mentioned no coach is going to look at Nebraska seriously when they are given such a short leash to raise the Titanic

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Street Novelist said:

If they fire Frost after this season, then I am done with this program. You can't have 3 coaches in a span of just 7 years and expect success. Who the hell would want to coach here, knowing they only get 4 years to produce an 8 or 9 win season. No one, I repeat, no one would take us seriously anymore. We have to support Frost.

Bama had 5 coaches in 7 years when Saban was hired.. I think they are doing okay in the respect department. 

24 minutes ago, runningblind said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/alabama/coaches.html

They had 3 in the 10 years prior to Saban, plus an interim for 1 game.  Not sure where you got that.

97-2000 Dubose

01-02 Franchione

03 Price - Didn't coach a game but was hired full-time before getting canned

03-06 Shula

07 Saban first season. 

Start the clock during the 2000 season, end it in the 07 season. That's 5 full-time head coaches. Let's not get caught up in the numbers, my point was it really doesn't matter how many coaches you've had. You're not respected until you're respected. If Frost wins games, we will be respected. If he's fired and the next guy wins games, we will be respected. 

28 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I don't think it's a guarantee Frost makes it past the 2021 season. It's not likely, but what would a 3-9 season look like in late November? With a new AD? 

With what happened with Moos nobody really knows but if they were to be worse this year, like 3-9, I don't see much hope of another year for HCSF. You need to see some signs of improvement in year 4 which we have not seen in his first 3 years. 6 wins & a bowl and I think he is safe IMHO.

• Plus1 2