Who Will Be the Next AD?

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not totally sold on Davison simply because I don't know if he has the experience enough yet to do the full job.  

Davison seems like a nice guy and is probably great in his current role, but I wouldn't want him to be AD.  The Athletic Department doesn't need a Frost puppet to be in charge.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Davison seems like a nice guy and is probably great in his current role, but I wouldn't want him to be AD.  The Athletic Department doesn't need a Frost puppet to be in charge.

Yes.  He would have to understand that there is a possibility he would need to fire his friend.  However, my biggest fear right now is that someone is going to come in already believing the HAVE to fire Frost.

Both situations would be bad for the program.

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes.  He would have to understand that there is a possibility he would need to fire his friend.  However, my biggest fear right now is that someone is going to come in already believing the HAVE to fire Frost.

We had that when Eichorst was hired by Perlman, and it sucked.  NU needs stability across the Athletic Department, so the next hire is very important.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

Genuinely curious, why is John Cook so high on everyone's list- I may be missing something but what's the basis of confidence in a person going from coach to AD at a big time university having a high likelihood of success?  Wouldn't we prefer the man stay at the helm of a perennial title contender and not risk that progrum slipping into mediocrity at the hands of someone else?

Sounds kind of familiar - like 1998 familiar.  Just took us a while to notice it.

Honestly I think Klassy would make a very good all-around Permanent AD. Probably would not rock the boat on the coaching front but namely he has a lot of experience.

Through the years he has dealt with a lot of fundraising and has had many different roles throughout his athletic department career (namely at Oregon and Nebraska). He has been very involved with the NIL development at Nebraska. 

Say what you will about Moos and his availability as of late but the Nebraska athletic department as a whole has been running pretty smoothly due to the quality experience inside. 

Coach Cook is someone to keep an eye on as well. 

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree on Davison. As far as a new AD thinking he HAS to fire Frost will not happen as long as Green is in charge. In fact, Green may make stipulation that the new AD will NOT fire Frost. Green may be Frost’s biggest fan

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1