Who Will Be the Next AD?

Ed Stewart really intrigues me. He’s the combination of former great athlete at NU with a super smart dude with great experience. He should be willing to let Frost, Hoiberg, and other coaches to have a couple years to prove themselves, but will also have enough power to make a move, if necessary. Plus, he’s in his late 40s and a NU alum, so if it works out for him, he should stick around for a while and provide a lot of stability for the Athletic Department and University. 

• Plus1 3

What makes Ed Stewart a good candidate besides having played here?

I see he's some associate director of something for the Big XII... is he good at his job? The Big XII hasn't done anything impressive since there stopped being 12 members as far as I understand, but I'm sure there's plenty I don' tknow.

6 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

What makes Ed Stewart a good candidate besides having played here?

I see he's some associate director of something for the Big XII... is he good at his job? The Big XII hasn't done anything impressive since there stopped being 12 members as far as I understand, but I'm sure there's plenty I don' tknow.

Read his bio and judge for yourself. 

https://big12sports.com/sports/2017/9/8/211669084.aspx

32 minutes ago, Bledred said:

Yep, Ed Stewart is the next AD at NU.  Ed is currently the Executive Associate Commissioner of Football for the Big XII.  He will be perfect for negotiating our way back into the Big XII and securing us a Big XII coach who will do well in the conference.  The Big 10 Experiment has failed.  No amount of money can sweep away 100 years of tradition and the NU brass would much rather live in the shadow of OU than OSU.

We are going back to the Big XII (Missouri and Colorado are also potentially returning). New member rules and a potential move of the Big 12 HQ to a more central (neutral) location on the negotiating table.  Big 12 Network channel in the works, will eventually be making the money we currently make with the Big 10.  North and South divisions for the Big XII are happening.  Playing Texas will be rare for us. 

Matt Campbell will be replacing Frost after this season.

tenor.gif?itemid=7234486

23 hours ago, Mavric said:

Some ideas from the OWH.  More information in the link.

Trev Alberts, UNO athletic director

Hank Bounds, former NU president

Tim Clare, University of Nebraska regent

John Cook, Nebraska volleyball coach
John Cunningham, Cincinnati athletic director

Matt Davison, Nebraska associate athletic director for football

Turner Gill, executive vice president of diversity, development and inclusion at Liberty University

Garth Glissman, vice president of basketball operations for the NBA

Beth Goetz, Ball State athletic director

John Johnson, Nebraska senior deputy athletic director

Garrett Klassy, Nebraska senior deputy athletic director

Jamie Pollard, Iowa State athletic director

Ed Stewart, Big 12 executive associate commissioner

If Matt Davison becomes our next AD, you might as well douse the whole thing in gasoline and light a match. 

download-2.gif

1 hour ago, Bledred said:

Yep, Ed Stewart is the next AD at NU.  Ed is currently the Executive Associate Commissioner of Football for the Big XII.  He will be perfect for negotiating our way back into the Big XII and securing us a Big XII coach who will do well in the conference.  The Big 10 Experiment has failed.  No amount of money can sweep away 100 years of tradition and the NU brass would much rather live in the shadow of OU than OSU.

We are going back to the Big XII (Missouri and Colorado are also potentially returning). New member rules and a potential move of the Big 12 HQ to a more central (neutral) location on the negotiating table.  Big 12 Network channel in the works, will eventually be making the money we currently make with the Big 10.  North and South divisions for the Big XII are happening.  Playing Texas will be rare for us. 

Matt Campbell will be replacing Frost after this season.

9YWs5UA.png

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 5