Who Will Be the Next AD?

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He's owned that long before we hired him.

And now he wants to be there when he wants to be there. He did his job and earned his coin. Four/five years is starting to be on the long side for a. AD. It’s going to take a ton of effort, focus, motivation for the next landscape transition. It’s not that he can’t- he don’t want. 

13 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

what's the chances that they already have someone either committed or in mind, and now they are doing the  "national search", using a firm, act for appearances sake?

I'd say not likely. I'm sure they have people in mind on a short list - but how would Green justify paying a search firm when he already had the hire in place? Especially with the budget cuts due to COVID.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, bugeater17 said:

I'd say not likely. I'm sure they have people in mind on a short list - but how would Green justify paying a search firm when he already had the hire in place? Especially with the budget cuts due to COVID.

You are probably right, but it did seem like a, "hey, we can get our guy right now" retirement of Moos.  I have been through two of those in our HS with new coaching hires this year.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

You are probably right, but it did seem like a, "hey, we can get our guy right now" retirement of Moos.  I have been through two of those in our HS with new coaching hires this year.

FWIW there was an interesting call to Damon and Mikel on 1620 this morning. Guy self identified as a donor (we all know that could mean anything), but had interesting well put together thoughts. Said we struck out on option A and option B was still mulling it over. Makes me wonder, if the fact we haven’t signed the search firm contract, we’re waiting for option B to tell us no, then turning it over to a firm. 

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

FWIW there was an interesting call to Damon and Mikel on 1620 this morning. Guy self identified as a donor (we all know that could mean anything), but had interesting well put together thoughts. Said we struck out on option A and option B was still mulling it over. Makes me wonder, if the fact we haven’t signed the search firm contract, we’re waiting for option B to tell us no, then turning it over to a firm. 

Option A was Pollard and he told us no from what I've heard.  What a world where you'd rather be at ISU than NU :bang

1 hour ago, RedSavage said:

Option A was Pollard and he told us no from what I've heard.  What a world where you'd rather be at ISU than NU :bang

Yep, rumor floating around is that Pollard turned us down. He's bringing in around $750k/yr at Iowa State, hard to blame him if the ISU job is 'safer' than Nebraska.

2 minutes ago, Toe said:

Yep, rumor floating around is that Pollard turned us down. He's bringing in around $750k/yr at Iowa State, hard to blame him if the ISU job is 'safer' than Nebraska.

ISU is on the doorstep of the CFB Playoff. Would really be a weird time to come to school where the department bellwether hasn't made a bowl in 4 years and, oh yeah, the possibility of firing the native son increases with each losing season. Like you said, hard to blame him. Nebraska AD job is a good job, to the right person. It also comes with it's drawbacks. This job screams, up and comer, young, energetic, wanting to make a splash - not, proven, established, in a cushy place.