Who Will Be the Next AD?

4 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Pollard is a joke. One lucky hire doesnt define ones tenure. 

I already disagree with you two sentences in... you sure about that? Tell that to Pedersen and Eichorst and pretty much any AD who's job remains safe because they got lucky with the right guy for football or basketball.

4 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

THis douche is puffing out his chest about this? That is an average of  5 wins and 7 losses EVERY YEAR 

Nebraska during the same time span was 119-83 an average of 7-5. NU had ALMOST 50% MORE WINS 119 vs 80. 

I don't think he's puffing out his chest. What do you expect the Iowa State Athletic Director to say? It's his job to create a positive narrative for his school - you think he should have said something more like, "Even though they're way better than us and way bigger than us and we're just lucky to be in the same breadth and wow I'm so lucky because we suck and Nebraska is a blue blood and please may I have some more porridge sir?"

Nice that you keep changing the amount of years in your argument to 'move the goalposts'. Keep trying really hard, definitely is a sign of a top program who has and demands respect.

9 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I already disagree with you two sentences in... you sure about that? Tell that to Pedersen and Eichorst and pretty much any AD who's job remains safe because they got lucky with the right guy for football or basketball.

I don't think he's puffing out his chest. What do you expect the Iowa State Athletic Director to say? It's his job to create a positive narrative for his school - you think he should have said something more like, "Even though they're way better than us and way bigger than us and we're just lucky to be in the same breadth and wow I'm so lucky because we suck and Nebraska is a blue blood and please may I have some more porridge sir?"

Nice that you keep changing the amount of years in your argument to 'move the goalposts'. Keep trying really hard, definitely is a sign of a top program who has and demands respect.

Pollards been on the job for 16 years

Examine his body of work- I did just that. It stinks. 

He obviously isnt very self aware. Even a broken clock is occasionally correct but still broken and almost always wrong- that is Pollard.  '

AND his little safety net will be LONG GONE after this season. 

• Fire 1
9 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Pollards been on the job for 16 years

Examine his body of work- I did just that. It stinks. 

He obviously isnt very self aware. Even a broken clock is occasionally correct but still broken and almost always wrong- that is Pollard.  '

AND his little safety net will be LONG GONE after this season. 

Relax man. He’s just pumping up his own program. They have a lot to be proud of. They’ve reached a sweet 16 in the past 5 years and they won a NY6 football game last year. We haven’t seen success like that in the big 2 sports, in 20+ years. If we make a sweet 16 or are in the hunt for a CFB playoff spot, there is gonna be a hell of a lot of chest beating going on, but we’re mad Iowa St is doing it. Get a grip. 

49 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Well Mr Pollard was responsible for hiring two of the worst college football coaches ISU has ever had

33 Head Coaches

He hired the guy with the 33rd lowest winning percentage

AND the guy with the 27th lowest winning percentage

Mind you thats really stiff competition- since there are so many guys with career marks in the 30 percent range. Would seem you would have to work really hard to find someone worse than what theyve had before. But he did- bless his underachieving unself aware heart. 

• Plus1 3
12 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Well Mr Pollard was responsible for hiring two of the worst college football coaches ISU has ever had

33 Head Coaches

He hired the guy with the 33rd lowest winning percentage

AND the guy with the 27th lowest winning percentage

Mind you thats really stiff competition- since there are so many guys with career marks in the 30 percent range. Would seem you would have to work really hard to find someone worse than what theyve had before. But he did- bless his underachieving unself aware heart. 

One of those coaches took ISU to three bowl games, beat Nebraska in Lincoln for the first time since the Carter Administration and pretty much ushered in the college football playoffs by upsetting the #2 team in the nation...then he sucked. The other guy just sucked...

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

One of those coaches took ISU to three bowl games, beat Nebraska in Lincoln for the first time since the Carter Administration and pretty much ushered in the college football playoffs by upsetting the #2 team in the nation...then he sucked. The other guy just sucked...

Really> thats what youre hanging your hat on?

Nebraska was 5-1 during the Pollard era vs ISU and the only loss is a game NU lost 9 fumbles including one where an NU player was waltzing into the endzone untouched and miraculously gave the ball away the ultimate fluke. 

36-11 vs ISU- hardly worth comparing. Youre championing coaches who were at the very bottom of your programs history- that is 1984 Newspeak Worthy- you should write another book:D Mr Orwell

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

a game NU lost 9 fumbles including one where an NU player was waltzing into the endzone untouched and miraculously gave the ball away the ultimate fluke. 

That play will be forever etched in my memory. Niles Paul catches a beautiful pass in stride from Lee and proceeds to drop the ball as he avoids going out of bounds on the left sideline. Then he manages to scoop it up about at about the 6 yard line then fumbles it again as he hits ground at the 1 and ISU recovers it in the endzone. That whole game was a Keystone Cops display of ineptitude. 

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Maybe we should stick with Garrett Klassy. There's something about him that I really like.... And it's not just the red jacket he wore during his interview.

He could be a rising star in the business.  I'd hate for us to find that out with him elsewhere.

And at this point I suspect that will be the case. It's the AD equivalent of promoting a coordinator to head coach. If the whole athletic department administration needed to be burned down and rebuilt, I'd be very concerned, but I don't think that's the case here. It's not like we're promoting Pederson or Eichorst's hand-picked successor...

For what Klassy does for us here at Nebraska administrative wise, it does make sense to promote him to the permanent position.  Much of what he does for us already are things that are future based moves. Big with the NIL, media rights, fund raising, etc. He has technically been a athletic director before at Illinois Chicago, so he does have some experience in that role. Even at 44, he has been around at some pretty good schools (Wisconsin, Oregon and Florida State) outside of Nebraska. 

7 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

For what Klassy does for us here at Nebraska administrative wise, it does make sense to promote him to the permanent position.  Much of what he does for us already are things that are future based moves. Big with the NIL, media rights, fund raising, etc. He has technically been a athletic director before at Illinois Chicago, so he does have some experience in that role. Even at 44, he has been around at some pretty good schools (Wisconsin, Oregon and Florida State) outside of Nebraska. 

I wonder if they would consider giving him a one-year interim contract to prove his metal at this level. That would benefit both parties as he could sell himself "on the job" and we would have a full year without being rushed, to take a look at some possible replacements if he isn't up to the job....