Who Will Be the Next AD?

Always a possibility but I think he is getting his trial run right at this moment. He was thrown right into the fire July 1st. He has a lot on his plate right now that is for sure. He was already doing a lot of the heavy lifting even when Moos was here. 

You keep hearing from people that our athletic department as a whole was running pretty darn smoothly even when Moos was not here (back at his ranch). Always makes me think that Green and the regents felt this was the right time to move on from Moos when things were running smoothly department wide. Klassy was probably a big reason for that. 

By the way I’m in the camp that is not that big on Pollard overall. I think he was made a lot better looking due to Campbell but he has had some very sketchy hires otherwise. Not to mention he doesn’t have much pressure on him at Iowa State.

10 minutes ago, Comish said:

I wonder if they would consider giving him a one-year interim contract to prove his metal at this level. That would benefit both parties as he could sell himself "on the job" and we would have a full year without being rushed, to take a look at some possible replacements if he isn't up to the job....

Why would you need to go that?  If you want the guy, hire him right. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
43 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why would you need to go that?  If you want the guy, hire him right. 

Agreed. Don't screw with people, that's poor management and it's how you get a bad reputation for attracting future talent. Make a hire and trust them to do the job.

• Plus1 1
On 6/30/2021 at 10:32 AM, RedSavage said:

Option A was Pollard and he told us no from what I've heard.  What a world where you'd rather be at ISU than NU :bang

A world where their biggest money maker is much, much, much better than our biggest money maker? 

3 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

so far it seems we have just sent Moos into retirement with 3 mil and with no plan?

Always a possibility. Maybe Moos forced them to move when they had no desire or faster than they wanted to.

On another note, is it possible that perspective AD's are asking if options regarding Frost and Co are in the table.  IMHO, the success or failure of AD's is more often than not linked to the football program.  Perhaps some perspective AD's see Frost as a liability to the program and to their own job security.....He gets a pass from most (me included because he is a native son).  Were he any other person, I think he would be gone going 12-20.....Maybe the AD would like Frost to make changes to staff.  Who knows.  Just throwing some crap out there.....

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, Goal-line said:

I believe Ed Stewart has the right combination of administration experience and Husker culture knowledge to be a good fit for the new AD. 

I tend to agree with this - but no one U of N has called me yet for my professional advise on the matter :dunno

22 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I tend to agree with this - but no one U of N has called me yet for my professional advise on the matter :dunno

Sorry, UNL Administration has been systematically going through and contacting all Husker Message Board posters to solicit their professional input on the matter. 

Right now, we're attempting to contact a Mr. "DeEEEEz NUtZZ".  After him, we have a Mr. "Ric Flair", Ms. "RockyMTNHI",  and then Mr. "EnolaStraight". I think we'll be reaching out to you later tomorrow, right after we contact Mrs. "Hugh Jass" and a Mr. "Skid Marx".

Sincerely,

CertainlyNotUNLAdmin

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Sorry, UNL Administration has been systematically going through and contacting all Husker Message Board posters to solicit their professional input on the matter. 

Right now, we're attempting to contact a Mr. "DeEEEEz NUtZZ".  After him, we have a Mr. "Ric Flair", Ms. "RockyMTNHI",  and then Mr. "EnolaStraight". I think we'll be reaching out to you later tomorrow, right after we contact Mrs. "Hugh Jass" and a Mr. "Skid Marx".

Sincerely,

CertainlyNotUNLAdmin

I just knew NU valued Ric Flair more than me :steam   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
35 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I just knew NU valued Ric Flair more than me :steam   

Frankly they probably just called when they knew he wouldn't be home and left a voice mail with a number that goes to a Blimpie's. 

Wooo indeed. 

On 6/30/2021 at 5:51 PM, Lorewarn said:

Basketball and football are the flagship programs of any school that is good at them.

ISU football is significantly better than NU over the last few years, and ISU basketball is significantly better than NU over the last few years. That's ok, they've had a great run and we've had a bad one. It happens.

How is their bowling team?  

• Plus1 1