Who Will Be the Next AD?

Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll look through local sportswriters twitter for clues in their follows. This dude is a former Nebraska athlete, is USC's Associate AD and his most recent followers are: Mike Schaefer, Parker Gabriel, Robin Washut, Nick Bahe, Nebraska Athletics Admin Graduate Program, The GM for "Nebraska Athletics Partners, and Sean Callahan.....safe to say he's maybe a candidate???

https://usctrojans.com/staff-directory/scott-wandzilak/18

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll look through local sportswriters twitter for clues in their follows. This dude is a former Nebraska athlete, is USC's Associate AD and his most recent followers are: Mike Schaefer, Parker Gabriel, Robin Washut, Nick Bahe, Nebraska Athletics Admin Graduate Program, The GM for "Nebraska Athletics Partners, and Sean Callahan.....safe to say he's maybe a candidate???

impressive detective work

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Amazing digging. 

He would be perfect for the job in 15 years

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, gorp512 said:

Amazing digging. 

He would be perfect for the job in 15 years

Was going to state similar- pretty young guy.  However, young and forward thinking may not be bad if he has the skillset for the job.  

On 7/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, VectorVictor said:

Sorry, UNL Administration has been systematically going through and contacting all Husker Message Board posters to solicit their professional input on the matter. 

Right now, we're attempting to contact a Mr. "DeEEEEz NUtZZ".  After him, we have a Mr. "Ric Flair", Ms. "RockyMTNHI",  and then Mr. "EnolaStraight". I think we'll be reaching out to you later tomorrow, right after we contact Mrs. "Hugh Jass" and a Mr. "Skid Marx".

Sincerely,

CertainlyNotUNLAdmin

Ric Flair got banned years ago; we can skip him. 

7 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Was going to state similar- pretty young guy.  However, young and forward thinking may not be bad if he has the skillset for the job.  

He also looks younger than he is. Was going to say would love someone like Danny White, but they are pretty much the same age. So, maybe the guy is it. 

• Plus1 1

Sipple and Parker Gabriel had some real interesting stuff to say about the AD search on the second half of their Husker Extra podcast yesterday. 

- Sipple suggested that Cook is "definitely" involved in this search. Involved from a candidate standpoint, is how I took it.

-  Albert's is a definite potential option, (so is Klassy).

- Sipple is intrigued by, and suggested not to rule out Davison. He cited his fundraising ability, and obvious commitment to all things Nebraska.

- Parker mentioned it has become a national search at this point. Sipple added that multiple interviews had took place.

There were a few more tidbits, I'm sure. Interesting stuff.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Sipple and Parker Gabriel had some real interesting stuff to say about the AD search on the second half of their Husker Extra podcast yesterday. 

- Sipple suggested that Cook is "definitely" involved in this search. Involved from a candidate standpoint, is how I took it.

-  Albert's is a definite potential option, (so is Klassy).

- Sipple is intrigued by, and suggested not to rule out Davison. He cited his fundraising ability, and obvious commitment to all things Nebraska.

- Parker mentioned it has become a national search at this point. Sipple added that multiple interviews had took place.

There were a few more tidbits, I'm sure. Interesting stuff.

My goodness Sipple.  Looks like he started drinking early that day.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
On 7/7/2021 at 4:32 PM, FrantzHardySwag said:

That's some solid digging!  That being said, as dysfunctional as things are at Nebraska, it was probably 10x worse at USC.  I'll be interested to see if Mike Bohn can turn things around because it was an absolute dumpster fire under Pat Haden and Mike Garrett.  

7 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

My goodness Sipple.  Looks like he started drinking early that day.  

That day? As in “a day ending in ‘y’” “that day”? 

Cause there’s been more than one time on his AM radio show where he just sounds b*****t crazy and like he poured too much vodka into his cereal bowl that morning. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

That day? As in “a day ending in ‘y’” “that day”? 

Cause there’s been more than one time on his AM radio show where he just sounds b*****t crazy and like he poured too much vodka into his cereal bowl that morning. 

I mean...at this stage of the game, I'm assuming that Sipple is that guy that hits a strip club at 11am because he likes the buffet.

11 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I think age would be working against Cook. In few years we would be doing this all over again. I'd really like to see somebody come in and be successful in the long haul. Plus, from what I've heard the VB recruiting class this year is like #1 in nation and destined for great things. I'd hate to see the most successful sport at the University upset by losing their coach.

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I think age would be working against Cook. In few years we would be doing this all over again. I'd really like to see somebody come in and be successful in the long haul. Plus, from what I've heard the VB recruiting class this year is like #1 in nation and destined for great things. I'd hate to see the most successful sport at the University upset by losing their coach.

Seriously.  That would be a stupid decision to remove the best coach we have and make him hire his own replacement.

• Plus1 1