Who Will Be the Next AD?

1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Can you name one advantage of going back? There is just as many teams to beat us perennially OK, OK ST, Texas, Baylor, TCU, we'll still have an Iowa team to lose to Kansas State is basically Northwestern. We'll have a mind numbing loss to Kansas just like Illinois. We'll have less money, worse TV rights and be in a less respected conference. We'll have to deal with Texas's BS. I just don't get people's desire to go back. We left for good reasons that still exist. 

agree. money is still the driver.

I was just in Oklahoma City and from coaches (hs) and everyday fan, there is still a handful that think the Big 12 is still on their way out…not in next few years but things may be lining up. Same talks of a fee years back. I am NOT in this camp because I believe that the Big 12 is here to stay but found it interesting that deep in the heart of Big 12 country, the thought is breaking up Big 12 for creating power conferences.

not to derail thread of next AD, but to put spin on Stewart taking us back to Big 12, which I don’t believe is the motive at all and Stewart is my #1 pick, slightly ahead of Bounds

• Haha 1

More on Ed Stewarts wife and her attempts to help take down the Mizzou athletic department. Seems like she feels she is somehow employed by same employer as her husband. Do we really need a loose cannon in these volatile times? She calls white people crackers- what if the wife of a white AD candidate got caught on tape using the N word- and trying to take down her husbands employer? Probably no longer a candidate. 

ALL ON TAPE- no conjecture etc

"We’re celebrating," Amy Stewart told Clemons. "Celebrating your little a$$ because it’s all out."

In another phone conversation, she was even more forceful.

"You’re going to take them down. You know that, right?" Amy Stewart told Clemons. "You’re taking them down."

Clemons laughed.

"I’m taking great pleasure," Amy Stewart said. "You’re taking them down."

Clemons’ taped phone conversations from jail, obtained by the Tribune through an open-records request, portray an athletic department and university bitterly divided over the former MU point guard.

In the recordings, Amy Stewart related a story, which she attributed to her husband, about the atmosphere at the Hearnes Center at the time.

"Ed come home, every time he come home, he be like, ‘Them crackers shaking. They going crazy. They don’t know what to do. They shaking. They can’t talk to Ricky. They’re like some crackheads running around there,’ " Amy Stewart said.

Them. Crackers. Shaking.

https://www.rockmnation.com/2011/6/21/2232984/m-i-z-e-r-y-them-crackers-shaking-vs-oklahoma-state-2008

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

More on Ed Stewarts wife and her attempts to help take down the Mizzou athletic department. Seems like she feels she is somehow employed by same employer as her husband. Do we really need a loose cannon in these volatile times? She calls white people crackers- what if the wife of a white AD candidate got caught on tape using the N word- and trying to take down her husbands employer? Probably no longer a candidate. 

ALL ON TAPE- no conjecture etc

"We’re celebrating," Amy Stewart told Clemons. "Celebrating your little a$$ because it’s all out."

In another phone conversation, she was even more forceful.

"You’re going to take them down. You know that, right?" Amy Stewart told Clemons. "You’re taking them down."

Clemons laughed.

"I’m taking great pleasure," Amy Stewart said. "You’re taking them down."

Clemons’ taped phone conversations from jail, obtained by the Tribune through an open-records request, portray an athletic department and university bitterly divided over the former MU point guard.

In the recordings, Amy Stewart related a story, which she attributed to her husband, about the atmosphere at the Hearnes Center at the time.

"Ed come home, every time he come home, he be like, ‘Them crackers shaking. They going crazy. They don’t know what to do. They shaking. They can’t talk to Ricky. They’re like some crackheads running around there,’ " Amy Stewart said.

Them. Crackers. Shaking.

https://www.rockmnation.com/2011/6/21/2232984/m-i-z-e-r-y-them-crackers-shaking-vs-oklahoma-state-2008

We should be okay, because, apparently, black people can't be racist.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Can you name one advantage of going back? There is just as many teams to beat us perennially OK, OK ST, Texas, Baylor, TCU, we'll still have an Iowa team to lose to Kansas State is basically Northwestern. We'll have a mind numbing loss to Kansas just like Illinois. We'll have less money, worse TV rights and be in a less respected conference. We'll have to deal with Texas's BS. I just don't get people's desire to go back. We left for good reasons that still exist. 

People who think they remember the Big 12 fondly are actually thinking about the Big 8.

Even if it was all about football, it wouldn't make sense to return to the Big 12, where the current Husker team would lose games and money.

And it's about a lot more than football.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

There is of course more. Mrs Stewart was involved in 3 way conversations with Clemons and another woman who's husband was Mizzou Admin

Here are some of their racist conversations:

In the tapes, Mrs. Floyd discussed the Kobe Bryant sexual assault case with Clemons and Amy Stewart, the wife of Missouri Associate Athletic Director Ed Stewart. Mrs. Floyd gave Clemons some advice on avoiding such trouble by not being involved with white women.

"No pink toes," she said.

At one point, Clemons said the women were discriminating against his white friends.

"We ain't discriminating. We've all got white friends," Amy Stewart said.

"But what I want you to discriminate," Mrs. Floyd said, "is your choice of women, partners -- sexual and non-sexual."

As the three discussed the FBI's interest in Clemons, the ex-player said he didn't think the harassment would stop until he left Columbia.

https://tulsaworld.com/archive/missouri-clemons-sorry-for-turmoil/article_dc7f4d56-78b2-5f57-8b4e-f691d5c296ac.html

• Haha 1

Amy Stewarts best buddy- real piece of work. Not sure why these women think they can air their husbands and their employers dirty laundry to unstable 19-20 year old kids. WOW- talk about not being self aware. Do we really need this type of nonsense here? Program is unstable- last thing we need is more stuff like this:

https://www.themaneater.com/stories/campus/floyd-regrets-relationship-clemons

• Haha 1