Jump to content


Who Will Be the Next AD?


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, admo said:

Yall I'm trying, I love nebraska,  but I cant handle this.

 

Here's the trick: don't frequent the football board very often. The more you stay out of this board, the better off you'll be. 

  • Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment

10 hours ago, KazLong said:

Not sure what Warren has to do with this post, or the color of his skin. Seems like an agenda. If someone wants to start a fire Warren post feel free. To be honest I feel Frost has had his job this long because he is white./s

 

Have I got a thread for you! 
 

 

Link to comment

 

22 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

and call white people crackers

 

 

6 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

If Jamrogs wife was caught on tape using the N word

 

 

 

Do you think these are the same thing? If so, no need to say one and not the other....go ahead and say it if you think they're the same.

 

 

 

 

12 hours ago, VectorVictor said:


If you think this is bad…then you haven’t been to the P&R or Smack boards. :D

 

I look at the politics stuff it seems tiresome but at least more cordial or adult than this. Don't know what a smack board is.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

3 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Note for any of the men who have been married for 20 plus years here, pretty rare that the hubby and wife who have been together that long dont think fairly closely alike. 

 

If youre the big time executive of a large corporation OR something like the AD at the megalith University of Nebraska- you dont want the wife to be someone who already has shown she wants to be an indiscrete  meddler in the thick of things (using racial slurs) and is already on tape conspiring to take down the basketball program of another program. 

 

Fool me once, thats on you

Fool me twice- thats on me

Nebraska doesnt need such foolishness at this juncture. Too much at stake. 

 

Back in the day IBM would "interview" the wives of prospective top line executives by taking hubby and wife out to dinner. Was part of the vetting process- worked well for them. 

 

Okay Matt. We get it. You don't want Mr. Stewart as AD so they'll promote you to the job instead.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

 

Okay Matt. We get it. You don't want Mr. Stewart as AD so they'll promote you to the job instead.

Goddamn, who doesn't love fresh squeezed misogyny and sexism in the morning!

  • Haha 5
Link to comment

12 hours ago, Bledred said:

NU returning to the Big 12 would come along with A TON of stipulations attached.  We would not just crawl back through the dog door in Dallas begging to return.  Here is a short list:

 

Big 12 Network (comparable to Big 10) established (each school paying an equal share to get the network going) with equal team shared payouts for all conference members and no probation period

We come back only if Colorado or Missouri returns.  My money is on Colorado.  Making the conference what its actual name is and an even split of 6 teams in each division.

Move the Big 12 HQ to Indianapolis, IN. 

Veto Power that each member can use on any voting issue twice a year.  School vetos can never be overridden. 

Each Alma-mater has an equal number of management employees at the Big 12 HQ.

North (NE, CU, KU, KSU, WV, ISU) and South (OU, OSU, TX, TT, TCU, BA) divisions.  Division cross play is equal and a preset pattern.

Texas cannot force any game to only be on the Long Horn Network, must also be on the Big 12 Network or another National Channel.

New conference logo/branding (current one sucks)

Football Championship game for the division winners to be played in Indianapolis with a new trophy just like the Big 10 trophy but 24K gold. 

 

 

LOL, why the hell would a conf HQ and title game be located in a state there's literally no school in said conf located in?  If we're going this off the wall, why the hell we just not having the Conf HQ and title game in Hawaii?  

 

Pros: 

Great weather

Proximity to Hawaiian football pipeline

 

Cons:

Far plane trip

 

Semi Pro:

Rack up air mile points  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, gossamorharpy said:

LOL, why the hell would a conf HQ and title game be located in a state there's literally no school in said conf located in?  If we're going this off the wall, why the hell we just not having the Conf HQ and title game in Hawaii?  

 

Pros: 

Great weather

Proximity to Hawaiian football pipeline

 

Cons:

Far plane trip

 

Semi Pro:

Rack up air mile points  

You did not get the memo?  Texas OWNS the Big 12.  The Big 12 HQ is in Dallas, TEXAS.  The majority of people who work at said office are from TEXAS.  When we were a part of the Big 12 conference, when there was a voting issue most everyone voted along with TEXAS with NU being the sole dissenter in many cases (per TO quotes).  TEXAS was allowed to have their own competing network (longhorn network) against the Big 12 espn 'network' while everyone else cannot have this perk.  Fan-bases who wanted to watch a football game against TEXAS were forced to pay-per view the longhorn network and literally send money to the University of TEXAS.  The Big 12 Championship game is held annually in Arlington, TEXAS.  

 

To avoid there being any further horrific bias in the Big 12, changes need to be made.  To avoid this same BS occurring just with another school, a neutral sight needs to be picked.  Turns out we have these technological contraptions called a phone, internet, and fax machines allowing businesses to run other locations very far away from their HQ! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Bledred said:

To avoid there being any further horrific bias in the Big 12, changes need to be made.  To avoid this same BS occurring just with another school, a neutral sight needs to be picked.  Turns out we have these technological contraptions called a phone, internet, and fax machines allowing businesses to run other locations very far away from their HQ! 

 

 

How many examples do you have of organizations/businesses that are defined geographically and have a footprint in a half dozen states, but their headquarters are somewhere two states away from any of their locations with zero footprint in that area? 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

 

Here's the trick: don't frequent the football board very often. The more you stay out of this board, the better off you'll be. 

Wheres the fun in that?  Online discussion boards are meant for fun banter, inspire new thoughts and approaches, create new avenues of understanding and challenge thought strongholds.  Online boards have become massive echo-chamber-group-think black holes with a bunch of borg chanting in unison the same ole "But money!" excuse.  Back in my day when someone did something just for the money the were considered a "Sell Out".

 

download.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

 

 

How many examples do you have of organizations/businesses that are defined geographically and have a footprint in a half dozen states, but their headquarters are somewhere two states away from any of their locations with zero footprint in that area? 

Forget states, lets level up to countries.  You do understand there are International Businesses with their HQ in only one country right?  Walmart - Bentonville, Arkansas.  Microsoft - Redmond, Washington.  Nike - Portland, Oregon and about 30,000 others.

 

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/walmart-locations-by-country.html

 

 

download-1.jpg

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...