Scott Frost's fate under new AD

Hagg

1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

To me it looks more like gone into a tailspin. I'm used to losing recruiting battles but this year with the top instate players going elsewhere, legacies going elsewhere and all of the players we have been in on but lost it is looking pretty grim. Hard to sell you vision when you are 12-20.

Not being able to leverage our best recruiting tactic until a month ago because of a once-in-a-generation pandemic also has something to do with that.

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Again, false. Frost has averaged a 20th ranked class on 247 and a 17.8 ranked class on Rivals, whereas Callahan averaged an 18.8 class on 247 and a 16.25 class on Rivals. 

247 didn't even exist in the Callahan era... :dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

To me it looks more like gone into a tailspin. I'm used to losing recruiting battles but this year with the top instate players going elsewhere, legacies going elsewhere and all of the players we have been in on but lost it is looking pretty grim. Hard to sell you vision when you are 12-20.

Recruiting this year is fckng horrible. 
Very few current signees 

best local talent in a very long time and the staff has completely whiffed 

Massive field of offers with extremely little interest

I don’t really see how this class finishes top 30

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Again, false. Frost has averaged a 20th ranked class on 247 and a 17.8 ranked class on Rivals, whereas Callahan averaged an 18.8 class on 247 and a 16.25 class on Rivals. 

That's...what I said.

If you use Callahan's Rivals ranking vs Frost's 247, Callahan wins, but if you use his Scout/247 ranking against Frost's Rivals, he doesn't.

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

That's...what I said.

If you use Callahan's Rivals ranking vs Frost's 247, Callahan wins, but if you use his Scout/247 ranking against Frost's Rivals, he doesn't.

Why would you do that and think that it would be, in any way, statistically relevant?

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Hard to sell you vision when you are 12-20.

Good incoming coaches know how to sell the departure from the former coach's losing issues, but yes, trying to persuade fine athletes that they can be a part of your own wreckage to glory program would be difficult, I'd think.

I think we would all agree the recruiting has not been where we probably need it this year. Some factors that caused that were reasonably within Frost's control (being 12-20), some factors weren't (not having in-person visits for a year-and-a-half, in-state kids wanting to leave the state). It's unfortunate, but I tend to not think it's that big of a deal as this was always probably going to be a weak class for us because of the pandemic, this staff has shown it can recruit well, and recruiting ratings are wildly out of whack this year with the lack of in-person scouting/camps. 

But bottom line, a lot of the extraneous stuff we're getting concerned about is moot. The recruiting and AD concerns go away if we just win some games and show progress this year. If we don't win some games then Frost is probably coaching for his job next year and we're probably starting over anyway. At this point, everything more or less boils down to the team improving on the field in 2022. If we win, the recruits will come back and the AD won't have to consider a change. If we don't, I think people will really start doubting the efficacy of Frost's vision at that point and he's probably sunk either way.

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, Redux said:

The next AD isn't going to fire Frost and hire "his guy".  Moos wasn't retired because of the Football struggles.  Unless Frost takes a massive step backwards, his job is safe for the foreseeable future.

Frost is averaging 4 wins per season. I don't think there is any room to take a massive step backwards. I don't see how we could go much further backwards. 

• Plus1 2