Scott Frost's fate under new AD

Hagg

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Frost is averaging 4 wins per season. I don't think there is any room to take a massive step backwards. I don't see how we could go much further backwards. 

You don't?  I see 3-4 more games we could lose a year.

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Frost is averaging 4 wins per season. I don't think there is any room to take a massive step backwards. I don't see how we could go much further backwards. 

yup, excuses no longer acceptable, just verbal garbage, repeated too often.

On 7/6/2021 at 2:20 PM, pubes said:

Recruiting this year is fckng horrible. 
Very few current signees 

best local talent in a very long time and the staff has completely whiffed 

Massive field of offers with extremely little interest

I don’t really see how this class finishes top 30

Your only valid point is the misses on the local players... at least its for positions were pretty well set in for the foreseeable future.

You also seem to have a very narrow minded view on the state of this recruiting class.  We're an insanely young team and we simply dont have the scholarship room we do in a typical year given the extra year given with covid coupled with how young this team is from a freshman-soph standpoint.  This might change depending on what the ncaa decides on scholly limits during this weird period but hasnt yet

Realistically speaking, its probably impossible for us to finish in the top 30 this year if its to be as small as a class as its looking like.

sure, a few more wins for frosty prolly would equate to a couple extra recruits but there are way more variables at play influencing the state of recruiting beyond a few misses locally and few current signees. 

• Plus1 2
36 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Your only valid point is the misses on the local players... at least its for positions were pretty well set in for the foreseeable future.

You also seem to have a very narrow minded view on the state of this recruiting class.  We're an insanely young team and we simply dont have the scholarship room we do in a typical year given the extra year given with covid coupled with how young this team is from a freshman-soph standpoint.  This might change depending on what the ncaa decides on scholly limits during this weird period but hasnt yet

Realistically speaking, its probably impossible for us to finish in the top 30 this year if its to be as small as a class as its looking like.

sure, a few more wins for frosty prolly would equate to a couple extra recruits but there are way more variables at play influencing the state of recruiting beyond a few misses locally and few current signees. 

I’m well aware of the current roster as well as the disbursement regarding class. 
247 has Nebraska’s class as being ranked 57th in the country with seven recruits with unimpressive offer lists and fairly lackluster displays of talent. 
I’ve heard the class size argument many times and I still believe this years recruitment has been extraordinarily dismal. 

• Plus1 3

Long time no post, but here goes...  Frost's buyout, if he was shown the door after this year, is $20 million. Therefore, no matter who the new AD is, the only way Frost isn't back through at least 2022 is if he quits (and that's not happening). If Frost has a non-winning (no bowl) season this year, it's a safe bet that he'll be given an ultimatum for 2022. The buyout after next season would still be very high, but likely more digestable. That said, I believe there are reasons for optimism (7, perhaps 8 wins) this season if Nebraska can get off to a 3-0 start.

But obviously, the problems run deep. Apathy has set into the fan base (season ticket sales and seat donations have dropped considerably) and recruiting has taken a hit (poor on field performance and COVID have taken a toll).  If Frost can't get the ship turned around this year, the new AD is going to be in a helluva spot. It's easy to see why sitting athletic directors aren't exactly attracted to this situation.

• Plus1 4

On 7/6/2021 at 2:53 PM, J-MAGIC said:

Not being able to leverage our best recruiting tactic until a month ago because of a once-in-a-generation pandemic also has something to do with that.

I agree. No doubt the pandemic had a more detrimental effect on NU recruiting than most other schools. Still, if HCSF was 20-12 or even 16-16 it would be a hell of a lot easier to sell the his vision. Combine COVID-19 with what has happened the first 3 years of his tenure and you get a class that is currently rank #57 (247).

• Plus1 2

I have to keep going back to what Frost inherited when they got here, which wasn't much. Frost has recruited well except his top players transfer or get in trouble with the law. I honestly believe that the only true path is to have Frost play out his 7 years and reevaluate after that. If we has let go early by the new AD who are we going to get

If Nebraska is not patient enough for Scott Frost NO OTHER COACH WILL COME HERE. So unless it is a absolute Hole in one, Slam dunk, Grand Slam home run. We are out of options, we must stay the course with Frost. 

Unless Pete Carrol wants to come back and coach Nebraska I don't see the list of coaches that we could potential get being very strong or a improvement. 

My short list of coaching candidates that we could get but still unlikely but the only ones I would accept in Order of most likely in my opinion 

Bill O'brian. I think it could happen. 

Matt Campbell. not gunna happen. In my opinion going to Michigan

Luke Fickle. Also not going to happen. Holding out till Ryan Day moves on and then takes over Ohia state. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

If Nebraska is not patient enough for Scott Frost NO OTHER COACH WILL COME HERE.

Agent: Hey Nebraska offered you 25 million, 4 year contract, you interested?

Coach: The place that kicked Frost out after an impressive bowl-less 16-28 tenure over 4 years, and set him up for life with a massive buyout? God no! Those fans are delusional if they think 6-6 records grow on trees and winning 3 B1G west games a year is in the realm of possibility.

***seriously though. Any coach we would want, wouldn’t be a gigantic pu&&y and wouldn’t be scared off that we fired a coach who didn’t produce a .500 team in 4 seasons.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Coach: The place that kicked Frost out after an impressive bowl-less 16-28 tenure over 4 years, and set him up for life with a massive buyout? God no! Those fans are delusional if they think 6-6 records grow on trees and winning 3 B1G west games a year is in the realm of possibility.

***seriously though. Any coach we would want, wouldn’t be a gigantic pu&&y and wouldn’t be scared off that we fired a coach who didn’t produce a .500 team in 4 seasons.  

Umm Are you basing that off of Callahan when Frank was fired or Bo when Callahan was fired or Mike Riley when Bo was fired or Frost when Riley was fired. Any coach? I remember Houston Nutt was on the table at one point......  I don't think the next coach is going to make what Frost makes.  2.5 or 3 but that is the going rate anyway for most coaches that come here Frost earned more because he was such a hot commodity and home grown.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Also I noticed you said coach. Who do you have in mind