Scott Frost's fate under new AD

Hagg

9 hours ago, admo said:

This isn't towards you, but this is a theme I want to address.  It has to stop yall.

In the past 3 years, who you think been calling timeouts, handle the game management, control the play calling, wants fair catches on kickoffs (like a scared b!^@h), fires an OC, hires a new ST collaboration/coordinator/group, doesn't blitz (like a scared b!^@h), doesn't trust to run the ball with the young backs (like a scared b!^@h), see's snaps from the center mess up drives, calls out opponents coach for "clapping", says "this was our best practice", rolls out a lame WR group (Falck, Liewer, Warner???), feeds Wandale the ball too much (to retain him?? to please him?? A little 5'6" guy??),  and puts stress on the QB to win or lose (Throw, Run, Scramble, Make a Play.... Oh and gt the ball to Wandale if you can)..... Who you think shuffles Quarterbacks, and is in charge of a team that fumbles a lot, throws INTs....  and penalties, and red zone failures, a kickoff kicker problem, a punter problem... on and on and on....??? And everybody been redshirting for the "future"....for like 3 years. 

I am so tired of hearing about the enormous mountains that need to be climbed as we go into year 4 because of "the past guys, and Riley".  It's a football game.  Riley was here only 3 years dawg.  Get over it.  Accountability doesn't point fingers at 2015 or 2016 or whatever.  And if there was a MIC I would drop that s#!t right here lol.

I agree, why don't our coaches just solve all the team's problems by magically getting good players, calling perfect plays, and not being b!^@hes

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 2
17 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

I agree, why don't our coaches just solve all the team's problems by magically getting good players, calling perfect plays, and not being b!^@hes

Osborne recently said it looks like we have the players to compete with anyone. So if we only win half or less of our games whats the excuse? Are you going to say Osborne doesnt know what winning talent looks like? He said it is up to the coaches what they get out of that talent.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Osborne recently said it looks like we have the players to compete with anyone. So if we only win half or less of our games whats the excuse? Are you going to say Osborne doesnt know what winning talent looks like? He said it is up to the coaches what they get out of that talent.

I mean, his eyes can't be great at this point. 

If we go 6-6 or worse, yeah that's on the coaches. But saying we have the players to compete with anyone isn't the same as saying we have the players to dominate the division, which is how some fans are taking it. It's a tough schedule, and these guys are still learning how to win - which is also on the coaches to a certain extent. FWIW I expect it to be a moot point, this year we'll start to see the progress translate into more consistency. I understand the doubt though.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If we look like we have talent to compete with anyone and then we play badly, I will be a lot more critical of Frost. To this point it hasn't happened. I think Osborne would agree that the talent hasn't been there (as he's was talking about this upcoming season in that quote and not previous seasons).

Thank you for inventing my hypothetical response and then getting mad at it, though. That gave me a chuckle!

• Oh Yeah! 1
11 hours ago, admo said:

This isn't towards you, but this is a theme I want to address.  It has to stop yall.

In the past 3 years, who you think been calling timeouts, handle the game management, control the play calling, wants fair catches on kickoffs (like a scared b!^@h), fires an OC, hires a new ST collaboration/coordinator/group, doesn't blitz (like a scared b!^@h), doesn't trust to run the ball with the young backs (like a scared b!^@h), see's snaps from the center mess up drives, calls out opponents coach for "clapping", says "this was our best practice", rolls out a lame WR group (Falck, Liewer, Warner???), feeds Wandale the ball too much (to retain him?? to please him?? A little 5'6" guy??),  and puts stress on the QB to win or lose (Throw, Run, Scramble, Make a Play.... Oh and gt the ball to Wandale if you can)..... Who you think shuffles Quarterbacks, and is in charge of a team that fumbles a lot, throws INTs....  and penalties, and red zone failures, a kickoff kicker problem, a punter problem... on and on and on....??? And everybody been redshirting for the "future"....for like 3 years. 

I am so tired of hearing about the enormous mountains that need to be climbed as we go into year 4 because of "the past guys, and Riley".  It's a football game.  Riley was here only 3 years dawg.  Get over it.  Accountability doesn't point fingers at 2015 or 2016 or whatever.  And if there was a MIC I would drop that s#!t right here lol.

It's just that there is a sort of "former coach culture" that is quite real in the practice attitudes, the gym habits, and the overall relationships between players and their coaches.  I even saw it in the military going from one base to another;  same army, different cultures.  And when an NCO from one area was assigned to his next duty station, often there would be adjustments in that soldier's mind and attitude.  Scott Frost brought tough, straightforward attitudes with him, and was met with a lot of pu&&yfooting around and apparently even strangely not-on-board attitudes that flabergasted him and even visiting old Huskers. 

That's a difficult assignment, to say the least.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, J-MAGIC said:

They got rid of that coach. Cause 9-10 wins wasnt enough. He was to hot tempered for the old fanbase. 

• Plus1 3
21 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

Thank you for inventing my hypothetical response and then getting mad at it, though. That gave me a chuckle!

I was just responding mostly to your quote about magically getting good players. My point was it sounds like we now have good players and they have been in the program developing physically for a few years. So we dont need any magic. Supposedly they are here.