Scott Frost's fate under new AD

Hagg

14 hours ago, admo said:

This isn't towards you, but this is a theme I want to address.  It has to stop yall.

In the past 3 years, who you think been calling timeouts, handle the game management, control the play calling, wants fair catches on kickoffs (like a scared b!^@h), fires an OC, hires a new ST collaboration/coordinator/group, doesn't blitz (like a scared b!^@h), doesn't trust to run the ball with the young backs (like a scared b!^@h), see's snaps from the center mess up drives, calls out opponents coach for "clapping", says "this was our best practice", rolls out a lame WR group (Falck, Liewer, Warner???), feeds Wandale the ball too much (to retain him?? to please him?? A little 5'6" guy??),  and puts stress on the QB to win or lose (Throw, Run, Scramble, Make a Play.... Oh and gt the ball to Wandale if you can)..... Who you think shuffles Quarterbacks, and is in charge of a team that fumbles a lot, throws INTs....  and penalties, and red zone failures, a kickoff kicker problem, a punter problem... on and on and on....??? And everybody been redshirting for the "future"....for like 3 years. 

I am so tired of hearing about the enormous mountains that need to be climbed as we go into year 4 because of "the past guys, and Riley".  It's a football game.  Riley was here only 3 years dawg.  Get over it.  Accountability doesn't point fingers at 2015 or 2016 or whatever.  And if there was a MIC I would drop that s#!t right here lol.

Seeing this all spelled out in one post really puts things in perspective, The time for excuses is definitely over.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It doesn't take 3 years to not get blown out by an Illinois team who later fired their coach. Or to be competitive against a Minnesota team down 35 players. 

Or develop a single high school Running back. Or a single high school receiver. 

The bad losses are not just "a few", it is many. He's also recruiting mediocre players and has no history of developing them. 

Again, if any other coach other than Frost complied his resume, they'd be gone by now. Frost is not only getting a pass, he's being allowed to fail by fans and the administration.  

In the B1G it might take longer than that 

Frost's early classes were absolutely mediocre.  His first one was less than mediocre.  It's getting better 

Do you think 4* players were chomping at the bit to come play football at Nebraska?

Good gawd man......

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Do you think 4* players were chomping at the bit to come play football at Nebraska?

Let's shift to a more pertinent question: Are there currently 4 star players chomping at the bit to play football at Nebraska?

*checks 2022 recruiting class list*

*stares out window*

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2
1 hour ago, Undone said:

Let's shift to a more pertinent question: Are there currently 4 star players chomping at the bit to play football at Nebraska?

*checks 2022 recruiting class list*

*stares out window*

I give it less than an hour and someone will try to explain to you that is only because recruiting services are behind on ranking players due to no camps.

5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I give it less than an hour and someone will try to explain to you that is only because recruiting services are behind on ranking players due to no camps.

And that could even be a fair counterpoint.

But zooming out, I think it's also fair to say that if Frost doesn't put together a winning season this year his program and his abilities are looking pretty anemic, both results-wise and also to prospective recruits.

He currently sits at a .375 winning percentage. All of the excuses we could possibly sit here and come up with for that stat doesn't change the fact that if he doesn't start producing winning seasons he is objectively going to be seen as a losing coach that just isn't capable of putting it together.

Fix special teams, fix turnovers, and we start winning 7 games a year. Just get it done.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I think most expected him to come in and at least be at the W/L level Riley was after 3 years, not 12-20. If he was 16-16 I don't think we would be having this conversation.

And that tells you how far we've fallen and is freak flamin' sad.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I think most expected him to come in and at least be at the W/L level Riley was after 3 years, not 12-20. If he was 16-16 I don't think we would be having this conversation.

For sure, I expected an immediate turnaround. But Riley would not have kept rolling at .500 from 2018-2020, he had completely lost the team. And Frost probably does better than 19-19 taking over for Pelini - even if that would've had more to do with a smaller schematic overhaul than any coaching skill. But we'll never really know.

I don't think you can take 3 year windows and assume they're the same. But I fully expected bowl season immediately. No one is saying Frost hasn't underachieved, just that he's had more than the usual share of issues and that there are signs of progress. Nothing completely absolves missing a bowl for 3 straight years, but there are plenty of reasons to be hopeful looking forward.

• Plus1 2
17 hours ago, admo said:

This isn't towards you, but this is a theme I want to address.  It has to stop yall.

In the past 3 years, who you think been calling timeouts, handle the game management, control the play calling, wants fair catches on kickoffs (like a scared b!^@h), fires an OC, hires a new ST collaboration/coordinator/group, doesn't blitz (like a scared b!^@h), doesn't trust to run the ball with the young backs (like a scared b!^@h), see's snaps from the center mess up drives, calls out opponents coach for "clapping", says "this was our best practice", rolls out a lame WR group (Falck, Liewer, Warner???), feeds Wandale the ball too much (to retain him?? to please him?? A little 5'6" guy??),  and puts stress on the QB to win or lose (Throw, Run, Scramble, Make a Play.... Oh and gt the ball to Wandale if you can)..... Who you think shuffles Quarterbacks, and is in charge of a team that fumbles a lot, throws INTs....  and penalties, and red zone failures, a kickoff kicker problem, a punter problem... on and on and on....??? And everybody been redshirting for the "future"....for like 3 years. 

I am so tired of hearing about the enormous mountains that need to be climbed as we go into year 4 because of "the past guys, and Riley".  It's a football game.  Riley was here only 3 years dawg.  Get over it.  Accountability doesn't point fingers at 2015 or 2016 or whatever.  And if there was a MIC I would drop that s#!t right here lol.

But you gotta admit not getting that Akron game played really had a detrimental effect on the season and team progress, right? 

:stir

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
8 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

For sure, I expected an immediate turnaround. But Riley would not have kept rolling at .500 from 2018-2020, he had completely lost the team. And Frost probably does better than 19-19 taking over for Pelini - even if that would've had more to do with a smaller schematic overhaul than any coaching skill. But we'll never really know.

I don't think you can take 3 year windows and assume they're the same. But I fully expected bowl season immediately. No one is saying Frost hasn't underachieved, just that he's had more than the usual share of issues and that there are signs of progress. Nothing completely absolves missing a bowl for 3 straight years, but there are plenty of reasons to be hopeful looking forward.

I still think if that first game doesn't get canceled due to the lightning we end up at least 6-6 in 2018 which would have snowballed further. Starting with the close loss to Colorado with no warm up and severe blue balls really threw us down a well it took too long to climb out of.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

First, no one has actually claimed that.

Second, the fact that they are behind has been proven and acknowledged by Rivals.

But please continue to exaggerate what other people are saying and acting like they are just making things up.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1

I think we've settled it.  Day one of the new AD regime, frost will be fired.  The new administration will base their decisions solely on the input of a select few on this board...from there, they will make a fantastic hire that will turn our program around, overnight.  Making an historic riches to rags to riches story even more compelling...we will win the national championship over Alabama, by a final score of 84-2 (the new coach takes a safety at the end of the first half to avoid punting.)

We will then go on to win every game played...ever...regardless of if we're actually playing in said game.  We will never lose again.  All of our recruiting classes will be #1 in the nation.  Getting the top 25 overall recruits in each class, from now until the end of time.  

You did it guys!  Take a bow, It's all because of you.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

I think most people are blowing this out of proportion. I think the fact that that lettermen’s club wants the AD search to be transparent means:

1.) They don’t want another Shawn Eichorst

2.) They want someone with ties to the program to ensure Frost’s tenure remains

This is/was a long term rebuild. Whether or not Frost can get it done is irrelevant. We can’t keep continuing this 4 year carousel of wiping out the football program. It is the definition of insanity. IMO we have to do our best to stay the course.

Moos put things in perspective by saying judge his hire by year 5. With COVID last year, the 2021 season to me is actually year 3. So I think by the end of the 2023 season if we are still here stuck in neutral then perhaps it’s time to change gears.

I could be all wrong, a new AD might just have preconceived notions to show Frost the door if this season is a failure. Anything less than a bowl invite is unforgivable.

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1