Scott Frost's fate under new AD

Hagg

29 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

depends on the new AD, he may. want. to clean house from day one.

i don't think Moos was techy enough or progressive enough to satisfy Green.

i think Frost brining his whole staff hurt him in the eyes of Green, maybe Moos too.

oh to be a mouse in the corner.

What do you have that indicates any of that?

This staff's future prospects rest entirely on demonstrable progress being made THIS YEAR (i.e. bowl game).  If we are unable to qualify for a bowl game for the 4th time in 4 years under this staff, this staff is officially on borrowed time. 

To continue to compensate a coach at $5 million annually for little to no ROI in terms of on-field football results is not a good investment.  

We need to get out to a 4-2 start this year to have any chance at a bowl.  IL / MSU / NW are all winnable games for a team with an experienced defense and a 4th year starter at QB.  

Just now, All Hail Herbie said:

This staff's future prospects rest entirely on demonstrable progress being made THIS YEAR (i.e. bowl game).  If we are unable to qualify for a bowl game for the 4th time in 4 years under this staff, this staff is officially on borrowed time. 

To continue to compensate a coach at $5 million annually for little to no ROI in terms of on-field football results is not a good investment.  

We need to get out to a 4-2 start this year to have any chance at a bowl.  IL / MSU / NW are all winnable games for a team with an experienced defense and a 4th year starter at QB.  

And by borrowed time I mean through 2022...

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Do they Just put Frost in these articles to get clicks from Nebraska fans? I just dont see a scenario where he gets fired in the next couple of years.

If my research is right, there is only 1 B1G coach in the last 20 years to go bowl-less 4 straight seasons and get a 5th season. That was Kevin Wilson. So Frost would be in some uncharted waters if we go 5-7 or worse this year, especially for a blue blood. 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Do they Just put Frost in these articles to get clicks from Nebraska fans? I just dont see a scenario where he gets fired in the next couple of years.

I like us Nebraska fans, but why does that site need clicks from us in a state with a population less than most big cities? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Are you new to being a Husker fan? Our massive online presence is pretty well known. 

To answer your question, no.  To respond to your reasoning,  to insert Nebraska's horrid new HC's record as a likely reason to have him removed very likely is not to garner clicks from our great but tiny state (population-wise).  He's included in the hot seat for real reasons.  Unfortunately.  The sports writers are not wrong this time.  The article is speculation by definition.. but SF being there seems real enough.

2 minutes ago, hagg said:

To answer your question, no.  To respond to your reasoning,  to insert Nebraska's horrid new HC's record as a likely reason to have him removed very likely is not to garner clicks from our great but tiny state (population-wise).  He's included in the hot seat for real reasons.  Unfortunately.  The sports writers are not wrong this time.  The article is speculation by definition.. but SF being there seems real enough.

So, you're not new to the fandom, you just have no idea that our fan base is more dedicated than those of larger-population states, and that it's a frequent tactic to include references to Nebraska to garner clicks regardless of the state of the program. 

• Plus1 1

I'm of the same thought processes that a member here posted recently pointing out that Frost stepped into something that was more of a deep mess than he expected, and thus the ongoing dismal performances against other struggling teams (bad teams).  I can't vilify him too much, knowing that.. but I do find myself really wondering if he's been handed something that is just out of his abilties.  Man I hope not.  I hope that he's clever and sees the big picture and has a plan.  

Doubts are setting in.  Let's see what happens this year. 

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So, you're not new to the fandom, you just have no idea that our fan base is more dedicated than those of larger-population states, and that it's a frequent tactic to include references to Nebraska to garner clicks regardless of the state of the program. 

Okay, jerk.  You're trying to make this about me, and not about the subject at hand.  Every forum has one or two or a few dozen.  Grow the hell up and look at the issues we're talking about, which here and now is Frost's inclusion in a group of HC's around the country who could well be shown the door if they don't show some improvements on the field.

• Fire 1