Scott Frost's fate under new AD

Hagg

7 hours ago, skers83 said:

No runners, thats for sure. Also Callahan never played his best QB. Ganz.  Fu%$in Dumba$$

No way to know for sure but Joe didn't make it beyond obvious he should have been playing when Callahan was still the coach, in my opinion. Keller's career has (maybe rightfully) been retconned a bit, and is overshadowed by the team imploding, but he was on pace to set records here. Sure Joe came in and had massive numbers but that seemed more to do with Callahan going full YOLO in the final few games (going for it on 4th and 20 up 30 points against Kansas State type of "I've got nothing left to lose" decision-making).

6 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

No way to know for sure but Joe didn't make it beyond obvious he should have been playing when Callahan was still the coach, in my opinion. Keller's career has (maybe rightfully) been retconned a bit, and is overshadowed by the team imploding, but he was on pace to set records here. Sure Joe came in and had massive numbers but that seemed more to do with Callahan going full YOLO in the final few games (going for it on 4th and 20 up 30 points against Kansas State type of "I've got nothing left to lose" decision-making).

You make some good points there..Sam. :D

• 5 weeks later...

17 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Assuming we go 4-8 or worse this season. Otherwise I keep Frost. 

I know this quote was from 7/08, but the board snatched this more recent post. But anyway, if Frost goes 4-8 or worse this season I'll frankly be surprised about how he could even do that bad with the relatively decent roster he has to work with this year.

But if it happens...I'm going to guess special teams is again the culprit. Hopefully Dawson is putting in the work during camp to fix that unit.

• Plus1 3

If anyone other than Scott Frost would have been at the helm for the last 3 3/4 years the faithful would be out in mass with pitchforks in hand demanding his removal. To this point in his career at NU he has been an unmitigated disaster. Abysmal 12-20 record, arrogantly spouting off which quickly came back to haunt him, throwing people under the bus/shifting the blame, trying to duck out of the Game of the Century 50th anniversary rematch, recruiting that has sunk to level I've never seen before and now these violation accusations.

I think his leash just got shorter, a lot shorter.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

If anyone other than Scott Frost would have been at the helm for the last 3 3/4 years the faithful would be out in mass with pitchforks in hand demanding his removal. To this point in his career at NU he has been an unmitigated disaster. Abysmal 12-20 record, arrogantly spouting off which quickly came back to haunt him, throwing people under the bus/shifting the blame, trying to duck out of the Game of the Century 50th anniversary rematch, recruiting that has sunk to level I've never seen before and now these violation accusations.

I think his leash just got shorter, a lot shorter.

Eh ... there were a lot of people still defending Riley and blaming Bo most of the way through Riley's third year.  So I'm not really convinced this is true.

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Eh ... there were a lot of people still defending Riley and blaming Bo most of the way through Riley's third year.  So I'm not really convinced this is true.

Both of those things are likely true:  Yours of seeing people defending Riley and blaming Pelini, and what's going on with Frost being propped up and not railed against (yet) by fans like us. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, hagg said:

Both of those things are likely true:  Yours of seeing people defending Riley and blaming Pelini, and what's going on with Frost being propped up and not railed against (yet) by fans like us. 

"Railing" tends to come after a bad season is over. We've had three of them in a row, so the stack-up of those three bad Frost seasons is obviously piling up.

But now we're less than two weeks out from game one of the next season with arguably the deepest roster Frost has had to work with. So it's maybe not a thing where there are only two options:

-Propping Frost up without any criticism at all

-Railing against him for being a loser

He's done poorly in the W/L department. But, he very well may turn things around this year. And we don't have to wait much longer to find out if he does.

• Plus1 3

"So it's maybe not a thing where there are only two options:

-Propping Frost up without any criticism at all

-Railing against him for being a loser"

I like that kind of thinking;  noticing that the two opposite extremes have a range of values and concepts in-between.  Yes... the losses hurt, but we do see some depth.  This violation stuff had better be just a momentary distraction, moving forward.

• Plus1 1