Scott Frost's fate under new AD

Hagg

12 minutes ago, Bledred said:

download.gif

Illinois has more starters returning than anyone else in our division.

Illinois blew us out AT HOME last year 41-23 (only other blow out loss was OSU).

Illinois game is an away game...Frost is 3-10 in B1G away games.

Bret Bielema knows how to play B1G football and be successful. 

Most everybody has been able to out-coach Frost, I am sure Bret will add his name to that list. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47bk1457umsf1aoo2zjx

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, why get your panties in a wad over something none of us clearly have the full story on....and, it's probably no where near the horrible story some want to believe.

I mean, it's just another instance of a coach who is thus far all hat, no cattle. Plus, it makes us look awful cowardly, for those who might care about public perception. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Your read is a good one.  I feel as if we are walking into a bear trap in the first game.  Opening the season at 2-2, assuming both road losses come by double digits, will not lead us back to relevance this year.  

As bizarre is it may sound, this first game is critical for this staff if long term job security is a goal they possess.  It becomes far more difficult to qualify for a bowl if they lose this one.  

Agreed.  This game is absolutely CRITICAL to our Bowl hopes and any premonition of keeping Frost around.  We need to go into the OU game 3-0.  The Michigan State and Northwestern games right after are winnable.  Going into the home Michigan game 5-1 would be perfect. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I mean, the head coach (a former player) and his best buddy allegedly went behind the back of the AD to cancel a football game against our storied rival; one we haven't played for 10 years, on the 50th anniversary of one of the greatest football games ever played. 

I guess if that's something we just gloss over, I don't know what we should realistically be caring about. 

I mean, if the storied rival hadn't canceled the rivalry 20+ years ago, maybe I'd care. For those of us under 40, we whopped Oklahoma in the early 90s just as bad as if they were Kansas and they cancelled the rivalry before they got good again. I honestly would be fine if we never played them again. 

• Plus1 2

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, why get your panties in a wad over something none of us clearly have the full story on....and, it's probably no where near the horrible story some want to believe.

And IMO, who really gives a crap if we play OU or not.  To commemorate a game from 50 years ago!??  Who fricken cares.  If they could of changed and got a more winnable game on the schedule to build momentum fine by me.  

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 3

Coach Frost has made numerous foot in mouth comments and made numerous head shaking decisions.  Outrage is probably too strong of a feeling to have but it should be okay for fans to feel disappointed in all the negative attention the program has received since the press conference of his hiring.  

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Kayak said:

Coach Frost has made numerous foot in mouth comments and made numerous head shaking decisions.  Outrage is probably too strong of a feeling to have but it should be okay for fans to feel disappointed in all the negative attention the program has received since the press conference of his hiring.  

Why?  It isnt anything new. The only thing we get is negative since Osborne left. The media digs up this crap to create outrage among fans. Callahan and his throat slash, hillbillies, sucking in general, Pelini and his blow up, Riley and being beyond terrible and celebrations after losing. The media pumps this stuff out like candy and those who want to be outraged eat it up like Crack. This isn't new and is in no way unique to Frost.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GSG said:

The College Football Daily podcast on Spotify has Brian Christopherson on today talking about Frost. Be back in 15 minutes

Brian basically said what others have been saying; if we were winning games, this would be a non-issue. The reason this is "blowing up" is that we're a big name brand but we've sucked for a long time now so this makes us an easy target. Plus all the other stupid s#!t that has happened. The OU thing, he mentioned that it was just another hit piece headline to throw in to drag our name in the mud even more. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Why?  It isnt anything new. The only thing we get is negative since Osborne left. The media digs up this crap to create outrage among fans. Callahan and his throat slash, hillbillies, sucking in general, Pelini and his blow up, Riley and being beyond terrible and celebrations after losing. The media pumps this stuff out like candy and those who want to be outraged eat it up like Crack. This isn't new and is in no way unique to Frost.

It’s not unique but Frost was hired to right the ship.  He was the home run hire that was going to unite the program and change the culture.  I’m not sure it’s happened and that’s why some feel disappointment. 

• Plus1 1

I don't think outrage is the right word, but trying to cancel the Oklahoma game really got my attention and made me sad.

It was a chickens#!t move and deserves to be mocked. Had Texas tried the same thing, we would be all over it. 

Nobody is contesting that SOMEONE at UNL looked into dropping the 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century for a creampuff opponent.  And it's a very short list of suspects. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1