Scott Frost's fate under new AD

Hagg

3 hours ago, presidentjlh said:

Does anyone feel any excitement even about this season? I honestly don't.

Absolutely. Mainly because the way see it this is a make or break year and how they perform this year will most likely have major implications for the coming seasons. I don't have high expectations this will be a break-out year but have high hopes anyway.

• Oh Yeah! 2

SF at his presser today put me in mind of Bo for some reason.  Short time in front of the mic.  Seemed okay but with an edge.  Got outa there.  If there's a "Pelini Mode" he may be in it.  May be a good thing in some ways.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • 1 month later...

Seems pretty safe:

"I'm never going to be the person that says he's coaching for his job," Alberts said. "We don't do that. I've never said, 'You must win this many games or you're fired,' and I told Scott. We're on the same page. We're working together. I want to see growth. I'm seeing growth. I'm proud of it. I think Scott is a really good coach. I don't know what happened the last 3½ years. All I'm worried about is right now, and I'm really proud of how our coaches and assistant coaches have attacked this year. But it's hard to make a judgment on anything right now."

Asked whether he believes Frost is the person to lead Nebraska forward, Alberts said, "I do. I'm proud of Scott. Scott's working really hard, and I've seen Scott grow and mature. The reality is none of us are finished products. If we get everybody operating from their position of strength, we're going to be pretty good. I'm not sure administratively we always were helpful in that area, and that's my job."

ESPN

• Plus1 3

I'm not sure anyone with an objective bone in their body, or having been in a leadership role at all.  Can look at this situation as of today 10/12/21 and go. "yep, he needs to be fired"

The only way it happens is if there is a 2007 off the rails collapse for the 2nd half of the season.  But I just don't see that happening.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Just now, Husker03 said:

You see the win out? Because that is ALL that I see. This is where it starts to get fun. After 15 years, this is where it starts to get fun again.

This team winning out is more likely than losing every game by 3+ TDs in embarrassing fashion.

Of course reality will be somewhere in between.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
10 minutes ago, soup said:

This team winning out is more likely than losing every game by 3+ TDs in embarrassing fashion.

Of course reality will be somewhere in between.

Almost always is.  As the first half of the season shows.. pretty close.

• Plus1 1