Scott Frost's fate under new AD

Hagg

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Seems pretty safe:

ESPN

I think this is a pretty interesting approach from Alberts and there are some things I like about it and some things I do not.

What I like:  Publicly sharing he is proud of the team and the progress they are making and seeing signs of growth (including with the staff) 

What concerns me:  I do not like disregarding the past 3.5 years as I don't really believe you can overlook the many mistakes and challenges this staff has had. In order to make good decisions you must look at both the past and the present.  

What I hope to see in the future from Alberts:  Acknowledging his expectations on where he wants to see this program in the near future.  Does he expect Nebraska to return to winning division titles in the next couple years?  Is he ok if we continue to never win a division or conference title for the next 5 years?  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

What concerns me:  I do not like disregarding the past 3.5 years as I don't really believe you can overlook the many mistakes and challenges this staff has had. In order to make good decisions you must look at both the past and the present.  

As for this part.  The one thing we really don't know is what support Scott actually had in the Athletic Department.  Trev might be looking at it.  "Well, of course he had issues it was road block after road block to get what he needed to be successful" So Trev, might just be hitting the reset button.  Similar to what Scott did recently with the team.  "We are starting fresh with 3 - 2 game seasons"

I have no idea if that is the case, but there is always two sides to every story, and then there is the truth.  We might know both sides, but we don't know the truth.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, soup said:

As for this part.  The one thing we really don't know is what support Scott actually had in the Athletic Department.  Trev might be looking at it.  "Well, of course he had issues it was road block after road block to get what he needed to be successful" So Trev, might just be hitting the reset button.  Similar to what Scott did recently with the team.  "We are starting fresh with 3 - 2 game seasons"

I have no idea if that is the case, but there is always two sides to every story, and then there is the truth.  We might know both sides, but we don't know the truth.

Perhaps, but it would surprise me if Moos was not offering support as Moos is the one to bring him in and also is the one that extended his contract at the end of Season 2.  Perhaps there were others around Moos that were not supportive.  I am all for giving second chances and acknowledging growth but I also believe it's important to know the AD is still the boss of the head coach and has some expectations that must be met at some point in time.  

Next season we have the easiest schedule I have seen in a long time, especially our conference schedule.  Based upon that, I really think there should be an expectation of finishing no lower than 2nd in the BIG West, and when I look at Iowa which may be the favorite next year, they have both Michigan and OSU on their schedule. 

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Seems pretty safe:

ESPN

Just a quick gut reaction from the comments from Trev.  Is it a coincidence or causation that we are now playing better during a season with an AD at the helm who "get's it".  We will never be privy to the conversations between Frost and Trev, but I wonder if the new AD has created an atmosphere/support (insert whatever) that is now influencing the program in a positive trajectory.....Just a thought.

13 minutes ago, lo country said:

Just a quick gut reaction from the comments from Trev.  Is it a coincidence or causation that we are now playing better during a season with an AD at the helm who "get's it".  We will never be privy to the conversations between Frost and Trev, but I wonder if the new AD has created an atmosphere/support (insert whatever) that is now influencing the program in a positive trajectory.....Just a thought.

I think Moos got it too... I just think we have been through a lot of B.S. that has slowed the rebuild down considerably. Think about it. This is the most normal season we have had since Frost was hired and it still opened with a week 0 conference game. 

1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I think Moos got it too... I just think we have been through a lot of B.S. that has slowed the rebuild down considerably. Think about it. This is the most normal season we have had since Frost was hired and it still opened with a week 0 conference game. 

I'm just thinking about the rumors Moos was away a lot, Trev saying that Frost can now concentrate on football things.....

Missing the season opener, covid etc....His tenure has been far from normal.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think having an invested and engaged AD means a lot for the coaches, but more for the players.  It has to mean a lot for Trev to come through the locker room and encourage them after a well-played game.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, lo country said:

Great point.  I wonder how many AD's do this.

My bet is that a good number of them do, but I also think it means something special to come from a former player (and legend) like Trev.  I think that's what makes Trev a unique AD is that he was such a great player during his time, and he combines his history of being a player with his business acumen.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, krc1995 said:

I get an occasional thought that Trev may have some periodic coaching suggestions. Definitely could be a guy that gets ideas bounced off him. Everything feels slightly different. Better, but different. 

I love it that he’s around the team. A calming but inspiring presence …..at least with the blackshirts. Sounds like that’s what he’s trying to be with the team. 

Seeing him now, I bet the players can’t believe he was such an animal on the field. I’m sure they have looked him up on YouTube. 

33 minutes ago, HuskerPriest said:

Let’s put it this way…..if this Head Coach/Athletic Director combo doesn’t work….it is a total and complete lost cause to perhaps never recover. This combination is a perfect blend of what that school needs.

Are you available to monitor the prayer thread on Saturday?  This bunch will struggle with the early start 

• Haha 1