Scott Frost's fate under new AD

Hagg

"The programs that are successful, it's not just XYZ coach is so successful," Alberts said. "It is an athletic department, university-wide culture commitment, unity of purpose. I'm not sure that Scott was the beneficiary of that necessarily."

Outwardly, Moos seemed pretty solid, but obviously behind the scenes some things weren't right. I still wonder if there were even more problems with Moos than we've heard about...

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Toe said:

Outwardly, Moos seemed pretty solid, but obviously behind the scenes some things weren't right. I still wonder if there were even more problems with Moos than we've heard about...

Some more problems behind the scenes.  But more importantly, and a bit peripherally connected to that,  a lot less ability to commit to his words.  He has had that issue off and on throughout his career. 

12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Seeing him now, I bet the players can’t believe he was such an animal on the field. I’m sure they have looked him up on YouTube. 

My thoughts as well.  Trev the AD vs Trev the player - seems like night and day difference.  He is a calming influence now while he was a terror to opposing offenses before.  I'm glad he is our AD and I'm becoming more confident that the the Frost/Albert partnership is going to work out & be good for Nebraska football long term. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

11 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

My thoughts as well.  Trev the AD vs Trev the player - seems like night and day difference.  He is a calming influence now while he was a terror to opposing offenses before.  I'm glad he is our AD and I'm becoming more confident that the the Frost/Albert partnership is going to work out & be good for Nebraska football long term. 

Agree.  Trev is an experienced AD for all the business side of things that ADs have to deal with now days.  However, he's a football guy that understands our program.  It's similar to Bob being the AD over Tom.  There were some real frustrations with Tom in the late 70s and 80s without being able to beat OU or win an NC.  But, Bob being a football guy and understanding the program, allowed him to grow and keep building his program.  If there were real problems within the program, they would recognize it and make changes.  If there isn't, allow the program to build and grow.  AND....help foster that growth.

1 hour ago, Toe said:

I think Moos kinda just let Frost sink or swim on his own. That was fine for Bolt, dude was at A&M for 5 years with CWS pressure playing in the SEC, B1G pressure is nothing for him. Hoiberg literally coached one of the most storied franchises at the highest level of his sport. Frost and his entire staff are navigating something entirely new at a level none of them have really been. They need veteran voices around them, the more guys like Trev, Busch, TO that can be around and let the coaches bounce ideas off the better. 

• Plus1 3
38 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think Moos kinda just let Frost sink or swim on his own. That was fine for Bolt, dude was at A&M for 5 years with CWS pressure playing in the SEC, B1G pressure is nothing for him. Hoiberg literally coached one of the most storied franchises at the highest level of his sport. Frost and his entire staff are navigating something entirely new at a level none of them have really been. They need veteran voices around them, the more guys like Trev, Busch, TO that can be around and let the coaches bounce ideas off the better. 

As a newer HC he definitely needs to be supported/assisted differently than others who might have a bit more seasoning under their belt. Hopefully this can allow for a 6 win season this year and a trajectory to 9+ wins next season. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1