Scott Frost's fate under new AD

Hagg

20 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

I know, I just can't wait for the blowout of Illinois to start a winning season so we can put this behind us.

Damn I want that.  No joke/sarcasm.  Freaking show some stuff, Huskers.  SF's building it, let's get the show on the road. 

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

Eh ... there were a lot of people still defending Riley and blaming Bo most of the way through Riley's third year.  So I'm not really convinced this is true.

This will be his fourth year correct? 

• Plus1 3
14 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

I like how we are already looking for a new replacement.

Especially since Scott is our guy.. Even all of his blemishes and mistakes, they are all so Nebraska. He may be an arrogant prick, but the things people get upset with him over are all based in the culture of the area. Basically, he acts like any of us small town lifelong Nebraskans would if we were suddenly thrust under a microscope. He has gotten MUCH better over the past 3 years in the way he carries himself publicly. When the wins start coming, we can quit with all of this nitpicking about being too confident here or moving a practice to Pius there.  Jesus, the guy wants to work hard and win games, fine by me if that is what drives him. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Look, the extra practice thing is stupid, and I don't want to hear anyone associated with the program talking about doing things "the right way" or whatever BS they're going to spout. 

Trying to cancel the OU game is a much bigger issue, IMO, and is the thing to be angrier about. 

• Plus1 4

On 6/28/2021 at 11:00 AM, hskrfan4life said:

It would be nice if we weren't constantly changing coaches.

Bob just bought a used car for $10,000!  The care immediately breaks down while driving off the lot.  Bob gets it repaired for the cost of $2,000.  Bob tries to drive the car home but it breaks down again, costing Bob another $3,000.  Bob then takes the car out for a day trip and after the first mile it stalls.  Bob has it towed to the repair shop and the mechanics bill is $5,000 to get it running again.  Bob then tries to drive home and it breaks down again and has it towed again.  The bill comes in and it is a whopping $3,000.  Bob pays the bill.  Then Bob takes the car out for a drive around town and it begins to smoke.  Bob has it towed and the bill to get it fixed is $4,000.  Bob pays the bill and....

Story Key:

Bob = NU

used car = Frost

At what point do you realize you have a LEMON and move on?

32 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't care that there is an investigation or that they (may have) tried to get out of the OU game or that there is conference realignment going on?

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, the outrage by some fans over these two things is irritating.

I mean, the head coach (a former player) and his best buddy allegedly went behind the back of the AD to cancel a football game against our storied rival; one we haven't played for 10 years, on the 50th anniversary of one of the greatest football games ever played. 

I guess if that's something we just gloss over, I don't know what we should realistically be caring about. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I mean, the head coach (a former player) and his best buddy allegedly went behind the back of the AD to cancel a football game against our storied rival; one we haven't played for 10 years, on the 50th anniversary of one of the greatest football games ever played. 

I guess if that's something we just gloss over, I don't know what we should realistically be caring about. 

Key word in that sentence.

The only reason either of these issues are so bad in the eyes of Husker fans is that some tend to blow things out of proportion.  That's just part of being a Husker fan I guess.  

Being caught doing what Frost did that lead to the investigation is peanuts.  Programs look at canceling and rescheduling games all the time.  

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 2

Just now, Cdog923 said:

Indeed, which is why I included it. 

I also allegedly have a bridge in Wood River to sell to anyone who believes Frost had nothing to do with trying to get the OU game cancelled. 

So, why get your panties in a wad over something none of us clearly have the full story on....and, it's probably no where near the horrible story some want to believe.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
16 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

10541702.jpeg?width=600&fit=bounds

Auburn writer with 44.4k followers FWIW. 

That would pretty much have to have come Gus's side, wouldn't it? I mean even if you really think Frost is on the hotseat this season, I can't imagine that in just a few weeks Trev has already put together a list of candidates to replace him. It's not like he had a list of potential football coaches for UNO already made up...

15 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

I know, I just can't wait for the blowout of Illinois to start a winning season so we can put this behind us.

download.gif

Illinois has more starters returning than anyone else in our division.

Illinois blew us out AT HOME last year 41-23 (only other blow out loss was OSU).

Illinois game is an away game...Frost is 3-10 in B1G away games.

Bret Bielema knows how to play B1G football and be successful. 

Most everybody has been able to out-coach Frost, I am sure Bret will add his name to that list. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, Bledred said:

download.gif

Illinois has more starters returning than anyone else in our division.

Illinois blew us out AT HOME last year 41-23 (only other blow out loss was OSU).

Illinois game is an away game...Frost is 3-10 in B1G away games.

Bret Bielema knows how to play B1G football and be successful. 

Most everybody has been able to out-coach Frost, I am sure Bret will add his name to that list. 

Your read is a good one.  I feel as if we are walking into a bear trap in the first game.  Opening the season at 2-2, assuming both road losses come by double digits, will not lead us back to relevance this year.  

As bizarre is it may sound, this first game is critical for this staff if long term job security is a goal they possess.  It becomes far more difficult to qualify for a bowl if they lose this one.  

• Plus1 2