Scott Frost's fate under new AD

Hagg

21 hours ago, J-MAGIC said:

I don't agree with this at all. Riley inherited a team that was consistently ranked in the 20s or 30s in SP+ in Pelini's last several years and took it to the 60s in three seasons. Frost has taken a team in the 60s back into the 30s by his third season. If you are willing to apply literally any context to their two tenures this doesn't hold up.

I believe the context is literally wins, losses, and progress. That's the part where SP+ actually shows up. Riley no doubt inherited more talent, but it's time for Scott to stand on his own. At the moment the two coaches share really disappointing tenures, and that's nothing to fight over. 

• Plus1 2

As for the Oklahoma mess. Again. Just imagine it's Texas. Trying to give Steve Sarkasian a leg up it, Steve and/or the AD cancels its Oklahoma rivalry game and schedules South Dakota State to get a sure W.

All that big-mouth Texas bragging and posturing, and they duck a historic rival, convinced it would be an embarrassing loss. Yeah, that's the exact opposite of badass, Texas.

So as a Nebraska fan, you DON'T mock Texas mercilessly, root for South Dakota State and remember the incident for the rest of the season if not years to come?  Because the rest of college football will.

For a team fighting for respect, that chickens#!t reputation will last longer than any glow from beating the Bethune-Cookman's of the word, and the LendingTree Bowl invite it got you.

Nebraska looked into doing this. That's not up for debate. The excuses and rationalizations may actually have made it worse.  

Last year, Kansas State caught #6 Oklahoma in the second game of the season and beat them in Norman. Then went on to a 4 - 6 record.  I don't think it's unreasonable to ask Nebraska to rise up to the level of a 4-6 Kansas State team in Scott Frost's fourth season.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
27 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Last year, Kansas State caught #6 Oklahoma in the second game of the season and beat them in Norman. Then went on to a 4 - 6 record.  I don't think it's unreasonable to ask Nebraska to rise up to the level of a 4-6 Kansas State team in Scott Frost's fourth season.  

Not so fast. K State later lost their starting quarterback and had to limp on with a freshman for most of the season. Twas a shame, because they had a balanced offensive attack and a stout defense. 

35 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

As for the Oklahoma mess. Again. Just imagine it's Texas. Trying to give Steve Sarkasian a leg up it, Steve and/or the AD cancels its Oklahoma rivalry game and schedules South Dakota State to get a sure W.

All that big-mouth Texas bragging and posturing, and they duck a historic rival, convinced it would be an embarrassing loss. Yeah, that's the exact opposite of badass, Texas.

So as a Nebraska fan, you DON'T mock Texas mercilessly, root for South Dakota State and remember the incident for the rest of the season if not years to come?  Because the rest of college football will.

For a team fighting for respect, that chickens#!t reputation will last longer than any glow from beating the Bethune-Cookman's of the word, and the LendingTree Bowl invite it got you.

Nebraska looked into doing this. That's not up for debate. The excuses and rationalizations may actually have made it worse.  

Since Texas/Oklahoma is a conference game currently, it's not really comparable.

Weird things elevate your blood pressure my wordy friend.

In Scott Frost's "fourth season" he finally has the size and maturity on both lines of scrimmage.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Since Texas/Oklahoma is a conference game currently, it's not really comparable.

Weird things elevate your blood pressure my wordy friend.

In Scott Frost's "fourth season" he finally has the size and maturity on both lines of scrimmage.

I've been wondering where you were, Professor Brevity.

Now tell the class why you put Scott Frost's "fourth season" in quotation marks. 

Extra Credit: tell us your response had Mike Rieley and Shawn Eichorst tried to dodge a Game of The Century reunion. 

• Plus1 4

5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I've been wondering where you were, Professor Brevity.

Now tell the class why you put Scott Frost's "fourth season" in quotation marks. 

Extra Credit: tell us your response had Mike Rieley and Shawn Eichorst tried to dodge a Game of The Century reunion. 

The only thing I care about Riley and Eichorst is they no longer roam the halls of the Nebraska football offices.

9 minutes ago, desertshox said:

well, there goes the youth excuse if things go sideways.

"Get old and stay old"

We're close 

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, admo said:

Interesting how he coached 3 years at Neb, actually. 

Maybe you're still reaching for Riley to blame for the last 6 years

But Riley did do something really good, by getting these recruits to come to Nebraska:  Ben Stille, JoJo Dolman, DiCaprio Bootle, Marquel Dismuke, Matt Sichterman, Austin Allen, Cam Jurgens, etc..  You will see them on the field in a week ;)  GBR 

In your list, at least Jurgens was a Frost recruit. Don't have enough time to check on the rest.

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

In your list, at least Jurgens was a Frost recruit. Don't have enough time to check on the rest.

Way wrong.  He committed to Riley and the Huskers in 2015 (or 2016).  I'm glad he signed with them in 2018.  It was a win/win.

• Plus1 2
13 hours ago, admo said:

But Riley did do something really good, by getting these recruits to come to Nebraska:  Ben Stille, JoJo Dolman, DiCaprio Bootle, Marquel Dismuke, Matt Sichterman, Austin Allen, Cam Jurgens, etc..  You will see them on the field in a week ;)  GBR 

Stills, Jurgens, Allen were all coming to NU no matter who the coach was and you could probably put JoJo in that group as well. Also I don’t expect to see DiCaprio Bootle on the field much for us next week.

• Plus1 2

48 minutes ago, Farms said:

Stills, Jurgens, Allen were all coming to NU no matter who the coach was and you could probably put JoJo in that group as well. Also I don’t expect to see DiCaprio Bootle on the field much for us next week.

I am glad they are Huskers no matter what.

*you will see some of them, my mistake

• Plus1 2
On 8/21/2021 at 1:31 AM, admo said:

I bet you also are the guy who believed Solich needed to go because the program was trending down after Solich ran out of guys who were recruited by and played for Osborne. 

2 hours ago, presidentjlh said:

Does anyone feel any excitement even about this season? I honestly don't.

At this moment? Yes. Very much. Just like I do every season. With my expectations at an historic low, it's only going to take some players stepping up and breaking through, and better second half performances than last season. I don't even know how that translates into wins and losses just yet.

If the players lose their mojo and enthusiasm, I will, too. 

• Oh Yeah! 2