Scott Frost's fate under new AD

Hagg

4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

it is all I have left to run on when it comes down to it. I do think we will be better this year, I really do. But I also thought last year wouldnt be as bad as it was. 

I have to admit that if I am being honest, with the kind of 22-35 players Nebraska has at the top, I would be disappointed at 7 wins. Say what you want about where we have been, but there is just too much talent now to not achieve 9-10 wins. This is if coaching or development is not the issue. So with that, if they don't, I can't see it ever working. Nebraska has bonafide dudes on both sides of the ball. .500 is sort of a joke but then I completely understand why it's taken so seriously. This is the most astonishing program in this regard. We have to play up to our potential. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Vince R. said:

I have to admit that if I am being honest, with the kind of 22-35 players Nebraska has at the top, I would be disappointed at 7 wins. Say what you want about where we have been, but there is just too much talent now to not achieve 9-10 wins. This is if coaching or development is not the issue. So with that, if they don't, I can't see it ever working. Nebraska has bonafide dudes on both sides of the ball. .500 is sort of a joke but then I completely understand why it's taken so seriously. This is the most astonishing program in this regard. We have to play up to our potential. 

I would like to play in the realm of our annual recruiting ranking. Be a top 30 team. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I agree. I think Tom Osborne actually just gave a recent speech where he said the talent is here to compete with anyone. It is up to the coaches what they get out of that talent. So I think Tom Osborne agrees too. It's time. 

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree. I think Tom Osborne actually just gave a recent speech where he said the talent is here to compete with anyone. It is up to the coaches what they get out of that talent. So I think Tom Osborne agrees too. It's time. 

In the last 2 years I have been hesitant to drink the kool-aid and buy into the hype by the local sports writers, just because it seems annually there is a let down and once the curtain rises on the gridiron we are seen the true product, which isn't very good. But this year, seeing the videos of the players, they actually look like Big Ten football players. They look bigger and stronger, they look like athletes. Which is something much different then the past 10 years of Nebraska football. For the entire decade we've looked slower and smaller than just about any of our conference opponents.

• Plus1 4

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

In the last 2 years I have been hesitant to drink the kool-aid and buy into the hype by the local sports writers, just because it seems annually there is a let down and once the curtain rises on the gridiron we are seen the true product, which isn't very good. But this year, seeing the videos of the players, they actually look like Big Ten football players. They look bigger and stronger, they look like athletes. Which is something much different then the past 10 years of Nebraska football. For the entire decade we've looked slower and smaller than just about any of our conference opponents.

And those teams won many more games. 

9 minutes ago, Redux said:

One thing to consider.  If the next AD wants to be here long term, does he want to be the guy that fired Scott Frost?

This is a really good point. You'll forever have a segment of the fan base that dislikes you for that and it'd be even worse if your guy came in and was mediocre.

18 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This is a really good point. You'll forever have a segment of the fan base that dislikes you for that and it'd be even worse if your guy came in and was mediocre.

Oh to be mediocre instead of completely irrelevant. 

• Plus1 3
23 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

The Peterson name will live in infamy in Nebraska. 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, hagg said:

Oh to be mediocre instead of completely irrelevant. 

Nebraska football will always be relevant. We as fans have kept it that way and made sure of it. The fanbase is loyal enough that it'll always be a staple point to the program. Two years ago when we traveled to Colorado, the big talk was how we as a fanbase took over the stadium, took over Boulder, only to have us lose a 4th quarter lead to a rather bad Colorado team. 

As long as Nebraska fans continue being Nebraska fans, this program will always be relevant no matter how poorly they perform on the field.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 3
22 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Nebraska football will always be relevant. We as fans have kept it that way and made sure of it. The fanbase is loyal enough that it'll always be a staple point to the program. Two years ago when we traveled to Colorado, the big talk was how we as a fanbase took over the stadium, took over Boulder, only to have us lose a 4th quarter lead to a rather bad Colorado team. 

As long as Nebraska fans continue being Nebraska fans, this program will always be relevant no matter how poorly they perform on the field.

Of course.  I'm of that same mind and heart.  I'm of course talking about how not relevant Husker football has become as to championships, bowl games.. even vying for darned inclusion in the top 25.

nothing lasts forever. to deny the slow erosion of the fanbase is unrealistic.

things may turn around, but the longer it takes the less likely we will every be even a shadow of our former self.

other less relevant teams have passed us by in the past 2-3 years, not good.

6 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

I don't think so, personally. Two years ago when we traveled to Colorado we had ridiculous preseason hype and were ranked - the excitement by our fanbase was strong with the prodigal son savior returning and poised to take a big leap forward.

If we continue to have losing through 6-7 win seasons for another decade, the fanbase loyalty will proportionately dwindle. The sellout streak is already in dire jeopardy right now.