Scott Frost's fate under new AD

Hagg

5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Anyone that has watched all the games under the Frost tenure would probably agree we looked the best the 2nd half of year 1. Simple way to put it- under the Frost tenure has there been a period that other teams actually had a concern or worry in playing Nebraska? The 2nd half of year 1 other teams were concerned with us. Urban Meyer essentially said that. Nebraska was a dangerous team. We actually threatened Ohio State that year. Ohio State has not been threatened by us since.

Right, but now we're back to the subjective eye test and splitting it into half a year. That was the shakiest Ohio State team of the decade, and the rest of that stretch was probably the easiest 6 game stretch we've had overall. The team was undoubtedly clicking well the second half of 2018, but the signature win in that stretch was over a Michigan State team with a historically bad offense. 

Honestly, if Scott Frost can't get it done, we may be in serious trouble. Plus, I am kinda tired of this carousel of admins. What made Nebraska a power, was consistent leadership. Not too many coaching changes. Assistants stayed in place and things were rolling. Callahan and Riley personally destroyed our program. If Pelini would have been, at the very least, professional, he may have gotten the job done. 

But what do I know. Im just ready for this fanbase to get back to its happy place. And right now aint it. 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

Recruits would very leery of a program who only gives a coach 3 years to get back to what we was in the 90s.

Except we don't do that. We're giving Frost at least 4 seasons to get back to... above .500. Nobody is even mentioning 9 wins it seems so unrealistic right now.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

Right, but now we're back to the subjective eye test and splitting it into half a year. That was the shakiest Ohio State team of the decade, and the rest of that stretch was probably the easiest 6 game stretch we've had overall. The team was undoubtedly clicking well the second half of 2018, but the signature win in that stretch was over a Michigan State team with a historically bad offense. 

I know a certain segment doesn't care about them so I'm excited for their responses, but the numbers would say 2018 and 2019 were similar quality teams and that last year we were significantly improved over both of them. They would also say the 2018 offense was the best of Frost's tenure though. 

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

Does anybody think that they know the real reason behind Moos' departure? Genuinely asking that.

Unless we know the actual root of that situation I think it's kind of hard to speculate on everything downstream from it.

I heard he drives over the border to Iowa to buy sweetcorn in the summer. 

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, Undone said:

Does anybody think that they know the real reason behind Moos' departure? Genuinely asking that.

Unless we know the actual root of that situation I think it's kind of hard to speculate on everything downstream from it.

He spent too much time away, was asked to be at work more and choose not to.  That is the reason some on the inside were given.  No clue how true it is.    

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lo country said:

Maybe Moos admitted to hating Runza's.......Pretty sure Riley did and look what that got us.

Riley losing to BYU was his greatest sin. I had to buy and wear Jesus jammies (slang for Mormon undergarments for those who aren’t aware) for a full day during our fishing trip after losing a bet to a Mormon friend. The first and only time in my adult life I intentionally tried to sh!t my pants.

Lessons of this story?
1. Nice guys finish last.

2. ALWAYS fulfill your bet requirements/promises. 

3. Never take just one Mormon fishing... they’ll drink all of your beer. (Joking... it was soda, and that’s still up for debate if it’s really a sin or not according to him. I say get that caffeine high...)

Had an interesting thought over lunch today. I do not believe frost is on the hotseat, this year, but without improvement this year, he may be. I was thinking about his long term prospects of remaining head coach here. And an interesting scenario came to mind. 

What if Frost goes 9-3 this season, but reverts to a season between 5-7 wins next year. I think his sear would be even hotter following a let down year than it would be if he had 2 consecutive 7-6 seasons. Say both 2 year scenariis had the exact same win/loss record 14-12. I could totally see a breakthrough/letdown combination leading to a coaching change before back to back 7 win seasons. 

Thoughts???