Jump to content


Scott Frost's fate under new AD


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hunter49 said:

love the internet.  source?

 

I direct you to the first two words of my post there.  :lol:  

 

I, like most here I've noticed, use the forum to express thoughts, imagined or suspicious of.. etc.  Not just stats with links etc.

 

This would be a dead place with just stats with links.  ;)

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

36 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

I think we make some serious noise this year. This team has been through so much, I can't stand watching them struggle. I have said this before and I will say it again, what Riley did to this program was criminal. I could not believe what I was watching on the field. 

 

Yes I sure agree about Mr. Riley's lasting effects on our program.  Makes me mad and I was livid when I saw quotes from former Husker greats who'd visited the team training facilities and saw sloth, etc.  The culture had already changed too much in other ways, but what Riley did was the koo de graw on the decline of the program, imo. 

 

I agree also about what we can do this season.  The players buying into SF sound and look very good.  We'll see. 

Link to comment

I'm feeling even more sure of this about Moos being urged to deliver or can Frost.  He was paid three million dollars to leave.  Why would we need to pay a guy to leave unless it was because he would not do as he said he should do?  What was Moos not doing that was needed:  Give SF an ultimatum.. with it in mind that we're now stuck being the laughing stock of the conference and not just a program that needs to be righted as a floundering ship. 

 

Scott Frost's fate under the new AD will very likely be that ultimatum, plain and simple.  The only way he could survive an incoming AD would be to have a spectacular season;  six wins won't do it in the 4th year. 

 

We've been turning over ADs and HCs for twenty years plus now.  Is this just another stab in the dark (ushering Moos out)?  I don't think so;  I think it's a plan after a LOT of meetings. 

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
31 minutes ago, hagg said:

I'm feeling even more sure of this about Moos being urged to deliver or can Frost.  He was paid three million dollars to leave.  Why would we need to pay a guy to leave unless it was because he would not do as he said he should do?  What was Moos not doing that was needed:  Give SF an ultimatum.. with it in mind that we're now stuck being the laughing stock of the conference and not just a program that needs to be righted as a floundering ship. 

 

Scott Frost's fate under the new AD will very likely be that ultimatum, plain and simple.  The only way he could survive an incoming AD would be to have a spectacular season;  six wins won't do it in the 4th year. 

 

We've been turning over ADs and HCs for twenty years plus now.  Is this just another stab in the dark (ushering Moos out)?  I don't think so;  I think it's a plan after a LOT of meetings. 

I don't think it really matters,  and Frost knows it as well as anyone.  He knows he has to win, and preferably win big, this year or recruiting tanks and any momentum is lost.  He either gets or done in 21 or he won't get it done at Nebraska because he won't be able to sell 4 straight losing seasons to anyone.

 

He knows this, no ultimatum needed no matter the AD.  We all know this.  

  • Plus1 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

2 hours ago, runningblind said:

I don't think it really matters,  and Frost knows it as well as anyone.  He knows he has to win, and preferably win big, this year or recruiting tanks and any momentum is lost.  He either gets or done in 21 or he won't get it done at Nebraska because he won't be able to sell 4 straight losing seasons to anyone.

 

He knows this, no ultimatum needed no matter the AD.  We all know this.  

Couldn't have said it better. And our current recruiting position and spate of losses on the recruiting trail this class only put an exclamation point on it. Do or die year IMHO. If things go like his first 3 years I see things getting much worse in trying to get quality players to consider NU even if he is here for another year, which with a new AD seems quite unlikely them more I think about it. A good year and some big wins could turn things around though.

Link to comment
On 6/28/2021 at 10:19 AM, Hedley Lamarr said:

Im not saying Frost wont get us turned around but what have you seen in the last 3 years to make you see the ship is being righted other than hope and kool aid? Because I am currently running on hope and kool aid. 

Unless Frost has a sudden realization that his offense will not work in the Big, and goes back to what made NU dominate for 42 years, he will continue to struggle with wins.  "Run the damned ball has some meaning."  (And, not just the QB).

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Goal-line said:

Unless Frost has a sudden realization that his offense will not work in the Big, and goes back to what made NU dominate for 42 years, he will continue to struggle with wins.  "Run the damned ball has some meaning."  (And, not just the QB).

His offense will work in the B1G. Adjusting the personnel and tweaking the system is better than an identity change. Big year coming up. Hope it is a good sign for the WR room that captain and starter Kade Warner probably doesn’t see much fame time this year. The WR  and RBs were deficient last year for any offense. 

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
On 7/3/2021 at 1:44 PM, mwj98 said:

I think we make some serious noise this year. This team has been through so much, I can't stand watching them struggle. I have said this before and I will say it again, what Riley did to this program was criminal. I could not believe what I was watching on the field. 

Stop blaming Mike Riley for the failures of Frost. 

 

Frost is failing at many levels on his own, regardless of the previous staff. It's a scapegoat we need to stop using.

  • Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Goal-line said:

Unless Frost has a sudden realization that his offense will not work in the Big

 

Maybe at some point, guys like you will have a sudden realization that Frost hasn't really even been running his offense most of the time he's been here...

  • Plus1 8
Link to comment

2 hours ago, KC Sker said:

Maybe 3 or 4 guys in the county coach wise could come in and turn a turd into a champion in 3 years, 1 of those being a COVID year and 1 of then apparently ain't SF (at least at Nebraska).

 

Something I think a lot of people don't really grasp: Frost took over a MUCH better situation at UCF than he did at Nebraska. Things went totally off the rails in George O'Leary's winless final season at UCF, but that was still a team just two years removed from a Fiesta Bowl win and a top 10 finish. O'Leary built a pretty solid team, they just needed a little help getting back to where they should've been.

 

A lot of people only looked at that winless year (and not the years that preceded it) and thought Frost could pull off that kind of turnaround anywhere. Unfortunately, well, Mike Riley was a coach who never came anywhere near O'Leary's career achievements, and certainly not at Nebraska...

  • Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, swmohusker said:

His offense will work in the B1G. Adjusting the personnel and tweaking the system is better than an identity change. Big year coming up. Hope it is a good sign for the WR room that captain and starter Kade Warner probably doesn’t see much fame time this year. The WR  and RBs were deficient last year for any offense. 

i bet he doesn't play a single snap for Nebraska this season.

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 6
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, KC Sker said:

IDK, we should all just take it down a notch and give the man some time. Just sayin 

Guys, it doesn't take 4 years to get to .500. 

 

Nebraska fans are so over infatuated with Frost - it just absolutely has to be him that wins - and this thinking needs to stop. His recruiting is mediocre, whether they're big tall players or not. We're not competing with big time programs on the recruiting trail.

 

Let alone on the field, where Frost is failing miserably. I don't know about you, but it doesn't take years to *check notes* not get blown out by Illinois or develop a single serviceable running back recruited out of high school. 

 

His failures as a coach, recruiter and leader of the program are stacking up. It's okay to admit this, there are other coaches and other philosophies that might work. Just stop with the all or nothing with Frost.

  • Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...