Would the new AD be tasked with a conference move?

1 minute ago, Redux said:

The Big12 won't have a network until the LHN is dead and buried.  As I'm typing this I haven't seen it in a while, is it dead and buried?  Anyone?

I was wondering the same thing. I haven't heard about the LHN since a year after Nebraska left the conference, I thought it died when Nebraskas, Texas A&M, Missouri and Colorado left.

12 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I think a network could survive with Nebraska, Kansas State, West Virginia, Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma State and either a Texas or Oklahoma. Then come basketball season and you get Kansas.

If they can make an ACC Network work, they can make a Big 12 network work.

You are wrong on so many counts.  It's not even worth discussing with you in terms of depth of schools, the markets represented by each of the areas, and population of alumni and other factors which favors the ACC vs. the Big 12 (especially if the Big 12 would lose Texas or Oklahoma). 

• Plus1 2

The one thing that the B1G added by joining the conference is improved academic standing.  Most of the fans of UNL athletices may not care, but the leadership does.  

https://news.unl.edu/newsrooms/today/article/nebraska-climbs-in-us-news-rankings-peer-assessment-increases/

I really don't know what the big Texas confenrence would add athletically for Nebraska.  The fact that Nebraska has not done well in the B1G is on us.  The big Texas conference is Texas, OU and a bunch of stooges.  Other than geographic reasons, no need to go back.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

call me butter, buster. 

I prefer strawberry jam, myself. 

:backtotopic     No -- we do not want to go back to the BIG 12.  We have to learn to compete in the Big 10 and put our big boy pants on and get it done.  If you think firing two consistently 9 win coaches oveer the past 18 years didn't set our image back, think about what hit our image would take by crawling back to the Big 12.  We might as well join the Mountain West conference and fade away into obscurity.   There is too much money in the Big 10 to leave it behind.  Hopefully, we will earn back our AAU accreditation and the sigma of being the conference new guy will fade away.    And hopefully wining some football games will earn us the needed credibility where our voice is heard and respected in the conference.

2 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

Is it not going to happen due to the financial reasons and benefits of being in the Big Ten give? Or something else?

Nebraska didn't make any friends at the Big Ten offices last Summer, and there was even some shady discussions about the Big Ten adding another baseball game after the fact Nebraska baseball had just won the Big Ten title. I also don't know what majority of Nebraska fans think about a potential move back to the Big 12. Would majority be on board with it? Or majority happy with the Big Ten and would rather stay in the Big Ten?

I think the initial move was great and needed. At the time the Big 12 was on the verge of folding, Texas had too much political control, it made sense and was a smart move for Nebraska to leave. But now that the Big 12 seems financially stable and isn't going anywhere, it may be worth looking at a return.

we wouldn't walk away from the money