Huskers NIL Promotions

18 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Im not sure how most people arent getting this. 

Player Billy will get $10,000 per year if he attends school A

Player Billy will get $50,000 per year if he attends school B

Lets say player Billy, like many kids comes from a family in the lower economic strata. Which school do you think Billy will choose from REGARDLESS of their facilities or weather?

As to wins- at the end of the day the data clearly shows the teams that consistently recruit well consistently win lots more games than almost all the schools who do not. 

What if Billy doesn’t produce his Freshman year or is red shirted?  Maybe a few, but just a few, will walk into college and get the 50,000 from team B.  

we had a 20ish ranked recruiting class for a while and finished nowhere near that. 

This is going to be a bust in the long term. 

On 7/3/2021 at 11:50 PM, krc1995 said:

What if Billy doesn’t produce his Freshman year or is red shirted?  Maybe a few, but just a few, will walk into college and get the 50,000 from team B.  

we had a 20ish ranked recruiting class for a while and finished nowhere near that. 

This is going to be a bust in the long term. 

His value goes down, he doesn't get paid and he goes to the transfer portal like everyone else. Boosters want programs to do well- this is the legal method for them to do what theyve already been doing in the SEC and where they would have liked to do elsewhere. 

8 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

His value goes down, he doesn't get paid and he goes to the transfer portal like everyone else. Boosters want programs to do well- this is the legal method for them to do what theyve already been doing in the SEC and where they would have liked to do elsewhere. 

So direct payment from boosters is legal? 

I don’t think so., and if for right now, not for long. 

What these athletes need is a NIL agent. Once again lawyers will be the only one who that truly benefit. 

Social media will be just plugs. Going to get real boring having my feed ate up by canned athlete promotions. Just like honking in New York. Nothing but white noise. 

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

So direct payment from boosters is legal? 

I don’t think so., and if for right now, not for long. 

What these athletes need is a NIL agent. Once again lawyers will be the only one who that truly benefit. 

Social media will be just plugs. Going to get real boring having my feed ate up by canned athlete promotions. Just like honking in New York. Nothing but white noise. 

It is. Some booster owns a car dealership- they can pay a player appearance fees or for digital promotion. LOTS of ways. The junk these kids are selling- why cant a booster buy 1000 Tshirts- or whatever? So simple to funnel these kids money legally now. 

• Plus1 3

Ole Miss QB's appearance fee is $10K

So if Im a booster and I want to throw $10K towards my QB all he needs to do is show up to a football camp I put on or maybe even just a pool or cocktail party. Happening just like I expected it would,  The tip of the iceberg

https://247sports.com/Article/Name-image-likeness-Ole-Miss-Rebels-quarterback-Matt-Corral-has-high-asking-price-booking-site-167324782/

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Ole Miss QB's appearance fee is $10K

So if Im a booster and I want to throw $10K towards my QB all he needs to do is show up to a football camp I put on or maybe even just a pool or cocktail party. Happening just like I expected it would,  The tip of the iceberg

https://247sports.com/Article/Name-image-likeness-Ole-Miss-Rebels-quarterback-Matt-Corral-has-high-asking-price-booking-site-167324782/

Has he been booked yet? 

I predict this stuff is going cool down after a year or two. When they pass regulations. . 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I predict this stuff is going cool down after a year or two. When they pass regulations. . 

I don't.

Pandora's box has been opened.  You can't close it now.  so, with the above scenario.  Are you going to make them prove the appearance was worth $10,000?  Impossible to control.  

I'm still a fan of college sports.  However, when this all starts affecting the product on the field some how, I could see it causing me to lose interest.  That will be years down the road though.

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Has he been booked yet? 

They can't supreme court said that Universities and NCAA can NOT limit income. Kavanaugh gave a knockout opinion. 

Genie is out of the bottle, it's not coming back in.

NCAA regulate this? Really? They can't even prosecute a recruit who shows off giant wads of bills on recruiting trips or shows up to school with a brand new car. 

Just because we dont like something- doesnt mean its not going to happen. Its happening right now. 

43 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

They can't supreme court said that Universities and NCAA can NOT limit income. Kavanaugh gave a knockout opinion. 

Genie is out of the bottle, it's not coming back in.

NCAA regulate this? Really? They can't even prosecute a recruit who shows off giant wads of bills on recruiting trips or shows up to school with a brand new car. 

Just because we dont like something- doesnt mean its not going to happen. Its happening right now. 

And just because something is now doesn’t mean that’s the way it will stay. 

You watch, ten years down the road CFB will be dead as we know it. The have nots will give up their football programs because they can’t compete, people will ignore athletes because they will be disgusted by the pandering, and interest in general will decline. 

would be nice to be an Oregon recruit right now though. Get me some off that Nike money. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't.

Pandora's box has been opened.  You can't close it now.  so, with the above scenario.  Are you going to make them prove the appearance was worth $10,000?  Impossible to control.  

I'm still a fan of college sports.  However, when this all starts affecting the product on the field some how, I could see it causing me to lose interest.  That will be years down the road though.

I as well. 

high school and local sports are sounding more appealing all the time. And cheaper