Huskers NIL Promotions

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

Pretty interesting short interview 

Basically, he says it's still more important to focus on being a great player and getting your education rather than focusing on getting as much NIL money as you can. He thinks kids should be getting NIL money, but that they need to know that it doesn't last forever and it's really not comparable to NFL money. 

Honest questions because I have no clue.

What do we think our players are actually making with NIL?  What did a "star" (AM, JoJo, CTB) make?  What does an "normal" starter make (random OL/DL)?

I don't live in Nebraska.  Are players on TV/radio commercials?  I know some do radio shows/podcasts.  And they are on Cameo.  How many people actually bought a Beef Jurgy shirt?

I honestly would be surprised if I guy like Nick Heinrich is making 5 figures of NIL cash.

13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

What do we think our players are actually making with NIL?  What did a "star" (AM, JoJo, CTB) make?  What does an "normal" starter make (random OL/DL)?

I don't live in Nebraska.  Are players on TV/radio commercials?  I know some do radio shows/podcasts.  And they are on Cameo.  How many people actually bought a Beef Jurgy shirt?

I honestly would be surprised if I guy like Nick Heinrich is making 5 figures of NIL cash.

I saw several starters on TV commercials.  No clue what they are honestly making but there is no reason for Casey to mislead people with this.  Of course it likely depends on a kids motivation but there is still a pile of support for the boys here at home for those that chase it.

12 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

there is no reason for Casey to mislead people with this

I'm not saying Casey is misleading anyone, I am sure he is just repeating what he was told.  I wouldn't be surprised if AD made 6 figures, so the statement is correct.

I do question the NIL being better in Lincoln than Austin.  I mean each UT OL gets $50k for just being on the team.  I can see a world where Quinn Ewers earns more NIL this year than our entire team.

42 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Just listened to the Casey Thompson interview.  One thing he said caught me.  He said a bunch of players (like 70-80 players across all sports) are given cars and apartments.  That adds up pretty fast.  12 months at $1,500 is $18,000 just on an apartment.  Maybe you throw in a $50,000 car.  Then you're at $68,000.  A few other deals and you're at $100,000.

I found it interesting that he mentioned women's basketball.  Hmmm....I'm guessing Jaz Shelley is living pretty well.

• Plus1 2
52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just listened to the Casey Thompson interview.  One thing he said caught me.  He said a bunch of players (like 70-80 players across all sports) are given cars and apartments.  That adds up pretty fast.  12 months at $1,500 is $18,000 just on an apartment.  Maybe you throw in a $50,000 car.  Then you're at $68,000.  A few other deals and you're at $100,000.

I found it interesting that he mentioned women's basketball.  Hmmm....I'm guessing Jaz Shelley is living pretty well.

Interesting.  Thanks for that.