Tangent Thread - Pizza and Taco Edition

12 minutes ago, Undone said:

Does anybody think that they know the real reason behind Moos' departure? Genuinely asking that.

Unless we know the actual root of that situation I think it's kind of hard to speculate on everything downstream from it.

5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I heard he drives over the border to Iowa to buy sweetcorn in the summer. 

I heard he would only order Pizza Hut for office pizza parties over Valentino's. 

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

worse crimes have been committed. I have always thought Vals was severely overrated ha 

Yes it is.

Maybe 9-10 years ago I was on a flight to Omaha from I cant even remember. The guy next to me was making conversation, saying he had a friend from Nebraska that said he MUST drive to LINCOLN to go to Vals for pizza. Guy was going to do it. 

This poor sap was going to leave perfectly good Omaha with LOTS of good places for pizza to drive all the way to Lincoln for a very average Vals. He wasnt from the boonies or anything as I recall- what a disappointment that must have been for him. I wrote down the name of several places that were much more Iconic to eat at in Omaha- hope he took me up on it. 

9 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Yes it is.

Maybe 9-10 years ago I was on a flight to Omaha from I cant even remember. The guy next to me was making conversation, saying he had a friend from Nebraska that said he MUST drive to LINCOLN to go to Vals for pizza. Guy was going to do it. 

This poor sap was going to leave perfectly good Omaha with LOTS of good places for pizza to drive all the way to Lincoln for a very average Vals. He wasnt from the boonies or anything as I recall- what a disappointment that must have been for him. I wrote down the name of several places that were much more Iconic to eat at in Omaha- hope he took me up on it. 

If he really wanted overpriced pizza from a business that started in Nebraska, he could have just gone to a godfathers pizza in omaha.

5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

i dont even know how they are in business honestly. 

valentinos is in business because for every single effing university get together (before covid) IT WAS THIS s#!tTY PIZZA.

trust me. im a grad student. (grad students will eat garbage if email received says: free food)

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
21 minutes ago, internetman said:

valentinos is in business because for every single effing university get together (before covid) IT WAS THIS s#!tTY PIZZA.

trust me. im a grad student. (grad students will eat garbage if email received says: free food)

I guess I should have clarified as I was talking about Godfather's in that response haha though I would go to several other pizza places before going to either of the ones mentioned. However I too have indulged in below average free pizza. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I guess I should have clarified as I was talking about Godfather's in that response haha though I would go to several other pizza places before going to either of the ones mentioned. However I too have indulged in below average free pizza. 

I loved Godfather's as a kid. There's a couple in Lincoln, but I haven't brought myself to get any for a long time. 

27 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I loved Godfather's as a kid. There's a couple in Lincoln, but I haven't brought myself to get any for a long time. 

Vals is better than Godfathers, because Vals actually uses some sauce.

But neither are anything I order.  Godfathers is always crazy expensive.

What about Home Team pizza?  I think that was in Lincoln and they did 5 dollar larges after 11pm (I think)

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

What about Home Team pizza?  I think that was in Lincoln and they did 5 dollar larges after 11pm (I think)

Nobody loves cheap pizza more than Teach.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Nobody loves cheap pizza more than Teach.

I am a bit of a foodie when it comes to cheap pizza!

Pizza is one of those foods where price really doesn't seem to matter.  Sort of like Burgers and dogs.

I think the best dogs I have ever had are street vendor dogs, usually pretty cheap.  

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Wrong!

Totinos makes a better pizza than Vals…

• Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1